Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For sure. I'm a bit bias having seen Kobe play his entire career, so I'll present the argument that my barber (huge Laker fan) did on behalf of Magic Johnson. Magic ushered in the Showtime scene for LA. No look, behind the back, passes...the excitement, the flair...he not only kept LA at the forefront of the NBA, but increased TV ratings and made the NBA appealing to the masses. As great as Kobe is/has been, he's never done that. So Magic gets the edge imho.

For sure. I'm a bit bias having seen Kobe play his entire career, so I'll present the argument that my barber (huge Laker fan) did on behalf of Magic Johnson. Magic ushered in the Showtime scene for LA. No look, behind the back, passes...the excitement, the flair...he not only kept LA at the forefront of the NBA, but increased TV ratings and made the NBA appealing to the masses. As great as Kobe is/has been, he's never done that. So Magic gets the edge imho.

If anyone has the Lakers Dynasty Series DVD, Jerry West talks about how the Lakers were usually in the back of the newspaper and how they were a second class team then Magic's showtime changed that. LA went from a Dodger/Rams town to Laker town within a short amount of years.

As of right now I have Magic slightly over Bean. When Bean's career is over though that might change.

Back
Top Bottom