Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that's the pnr defense they're intentionally using.

pau gasols job is to hedge, trap, and force the pg to pick up his dribble.

if the roller scores, that's the 3rd / 4th / 5th defender's fault for not "helping the helper"

theoretically, i like it. see UCLA with westbrook.

but the laker's execution leaves something to be desired

that's the pnr defense they're intentionally using.
pau gasols job is to hedge, trap, and force the pg to pick up his dribble.
if the roller scores, that's the 3rd / 4th / 5th defender's fault for not "helping the helper"
theoretically, i like it. see UCLA with westbrook.
but the laker's execution leaves something to be desired

College level it might have worked. But these guys are too good everytime they do this I rarely ever see the pg picking up his dribble. The help down low will almost always be dwight and most times it might work but they are putting him in the position to pick up fouls

OK lets prepare ourselves...this could get REALLY bad tonight...

Im hoping for the best...if you really take a look between game 1 and game 2 you can tell its coming along
its just these injuries thats already killing the development of ON COURT chemistry :smh:

BUT with that said there might be a few suicides tonight because I dont think we are ready to combat the Clippers speed and
athleticism tonight...I hope not! but there is a chance we get ran out the building tonight

PLEASE God im hoping for things to finally click for us!

Look I was for that trade in the summer.. When the consensus was Dwight may leave if he was traded here.... And Josh Smith is his best friend, and that would keep him around for good and eliminated that 1% doubt..

But
1. Josh Smith isn't a max player that will get a max deal... So the Lakers would essentially be mortgaging 5 years on a guy who isn't a leader or proven playoff commodity
2. If you're talking about making the best basketball team.. And who fits with what we have... It is undoubtedly Pau Gasol..

If we were doing some kind of nonsense trade with the Hawks (which isn't likely...) We better be gutting the Hawks.

Last edited:
If the Lakers can get Devin Harris included, do it.

But honestly my concern is having Josh Smith for this year + 4 or 5 more... The Lakers management has planned 2014 perfectly... Getting Josh Smith then takes us out of the running for any FAs assuming Kobe signs on for 1 more year... It just isn't a smart strategy to get Josh Smith anymore.

Last edited:
^ Those are great points. Magic basically said the Lakers should do it cuz they need more athletes and they need more speed. I wouldn't be mad if that deal happened.

^ Those are great points. Magic basically said the Lakers should do it cuz they need more athletes and they need more speed. I wouldn't be mad if that deal happened.

My idea was get Delonte.. Trade Blake to the Cavs for an expiring contract (Casspi most likely since the Cavs spent the entire summer trying to trade him unsuccessfully)..

Use Clark,Casspi, Duhon and their $7mil of expiring contracts (Duhon is partially guaranteed) to acquire a backup SF around the deadline.... *Cough* Trevor Ariza *Cough* to a Wizards team that needs to start clearing cap to surround around Wall and resign him after next year.

Or any other middle of the pack team that needs to start clearing cap to keep a young player.

Nash/Kobe/Metta/Pau/Dwight
West/Meeks/Ariza/Jamison/Hill
Morris/Ebanks/Sacre

Last edited:
I love Magic! The Laker organization listens to him.

Why would they listen here.. The trade helps would help us very little..

Not to mention it puts us in a bad spot financially in 2014 when we were supposed to use it to reload through the decade

Last edited:
PJ3 looked shooked during that last possession haha, but made a good drive and kickout to Collison.

Nash not playing as I have expected. I guess Essential's boy is starting :x :smh:

Last edited:
Why is Bill Simmons there? Seriously. I have a feeling Magic is going to smack him in the face. Can ESPN get a more subjective person to do halftime shows?

Haha yup! His comment about sleepy floyd got magic heated.

Also his voice is kind of annoying like that actor with nic cage in that sorcerers apprentice movie

Last edited:
lakers win by 9 tonight and will win 6 straight

off topic but the knicks are giving it to the heat right now

Back
Top Bottom