Delete

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

who was starting in your dream smith or carr? any sighting of berry or spiller?

or dez bryant lining up the opposite side of crabtree
nerd.gif

embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

not drafting desean when we had two chances to...
indifferent.gif

my heart hurt for a few weeks because of this, even though I never expected him to put the numbers he put up in 09

THe thing is, we draft DeSean, there is a huge possibility we dont have Crabtree. Just sayin....

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

who was starting in your dream smith or carr? any sighting of berry or spiller?
I don't remember the QB but I do remember we won in OT on a run play with Gore.

Anyone opposed to signing pacman?  I think it'd be great since we need help in the secondary.  I think Sing can keep him in check

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Report: Pacman pursued by 49ers, Lions[/h1]

ESPN.com news services

8421.jpg

Jones

Leading up to the pro-day style workout Adam "Pacman" Jones is reported to be holding on Friday for NFL scouts, the troubled cornerback privately met with the San Francisco 49ers last week, according to NFL.com.

Jones is also scheduled to meet with the Detroit Lions on Friday morning, according to the report.

The workout will reportedly be held in New Orleans following Tulane's pro day. According to NFL.com, the 49ers, Lions, Jaguars and Saints will be at the workout.

League sources told ESPN Insider Adam Schefter that Jones worked out for the Cincinnati Bengals on Feb. 11 in what was thought to be the cornerback's first workout with an NFL team since the Dallas Cowboys released him in February 2009.

Jones has avoided trouble since his last brush with the law in October 2008. He was involved in an alcohol-related incident with a bodyguard assigned to him by the Cowboys, and hotel employees called police. No arrests were made nor charges filed. But the NFL suspended Jones for four games because the incident was a violation of the league's personal conduct policy.

Jones began his time in Dallas under close league scrutiny after he was suspended for the entire 2007 season for multiple violations of the conduct policy while he was a member of the Tennessee Titans. The Cowboys traded for Jones before his suspension was over, and he was reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Aug. 28, 2008.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

pacman jones
eek.gif

im all for it
This would be sick for US.
WE would finally have a viable option at PR/KR.
If anyone can discipline Pac and elevate his production back to what it was in Tenn, it's coach sing.

UCI sucks.

adam jones only worth the veteran's minimum.

on another note-- i kinda think we should take a flier on shawn andrews for cheap.

Anyone opposed to signing pacman?
I'm not against signing Pacman, but I'm not exactly for it either.  I would only offer him the bare minium as far as a contract goes.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

in my dream I did...maybe it's a sign of things to come...
I was hoping that we would have a 49ers/raiders monday night opener.
this would be sooooo sick.
pimp.gif
And when you say we, you would be referring to...?

laugh.gif

Pac Man for cheap would be nice

BirdsIView wrote:
Word.

Shaun Hill is Montana 2.0.

He just doesn't have the supporting cast to prove it.

eyes.gif

Only thing they have in common is there both white.

Jed York breakin the silence: http://www.49ers.com/medi...f-4647-8b4d-d46399a23948

Barry Sims 1 year deal.

49ERS 2010 DRAFT PICKS

1. First round No. 13 

2. First round (from Panthers): No. 17

3. Second round No. 17 (No. 49 overall)

4. Third round No. 16 (No. 79 overall

5. Fourth round No. 15 (No. 113overall)

6. Fifth round No. 14 (No. 145 overall)

7. Sixth round No. 13 (No. 182 overall)

8. Sixth round (compensatory) No. 37 (No. 206 overall)

9. Seventh round No. 17 (No. 224 overall)

Compensatory draft picks cannot be traded.

Jed York Cliffnotes:

Not discussing whats going on, saying its a personnel (or personal got confused)
laugh.gif
matter.

Confident in Baalke.

They've been expecting McCloughan to step down or whatever so they've been prepared for this.

Coach Sing will concentrate on coaching.
York wants to respect Scot's privacy and keep his (York) integrity and not talk about it.

What's Scot's legacy? Jed says ask him. The Niners haven't made the playoffs recently and its been too long.

Not sure if he'll hire a GM, so far its Baalke.

He's ready for the draft, Trent has done his work - been preparing for awhile.

Scot cannot go with another team before the draft and can't tell "draft secrets"

Keeps talking about being prepared for this to happen.

Are you angry at the situation? Part of the business, this is what it comes down too - mutual.

Scot can talk about personal matters if he wants, Jed York wants no part of it.

Not worried about 49ers image with this going on right now.

Keeps talking about his integrity and not getting into personal matters.

Doesn't know if a GM will be hired.

Concerned with the draft, nor worried with roles - need to improve. Trent is the guy.

Timeline for structure of the organization will be done after draft.

The draft board is 95% completed, finalizing homework / injury reports - no change. Trent has done a majority of the work.

Jed says the players they draft is what will make the 49ers better not one person that fits for the GM.

Here derek916

In the wake of the Scot McCloughan leave of absence -- and possible relocation -- we consider what changes might befall the team as we throttle towards the draft and the rest of the offseason. One interesting potential development, per Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News, is that QB Alex Smith's job security (tenuous as it is) might be further threatened now that his one vocal supporter is likely gone.

If this is the case, the 49ers might be up the creek, as the saying goes, since the free agent market is all but dried up. Or are they?

Going a bit speculative here, but back when we considered the possible trade destinations for Donovan McNabb, the 49ers were considered one of the front-runners given the slate of QBs on the depth chart and their trade ammunition. If Kawakami's insights are true -- that team president Jed York was instrumental in going after Kurt Warner, and "pushed" for the team to call on Jay Cutler and Brady Quinn in the past -- and if McCloughan is no longer in the way, what's stopping York from again pushing to acquire a player that is, by all accounts (and for the right price), available? If this team is suddenly the favorite to win the NFC West, wouldn't it make sense to acquire a proven veteran QB that -- failures at the highest level aside -- has been to the playoffs on a near-yearly basis? Doesn't seem like much of a stretch, we'll see whether this heats up.

I'm down to roll with Alex Smith, but I just dont see how whoever we would take with one of our 1st round picks would benefit this team more than McNabb.

Back
Top Bottom