Deeper Than Rap is Contender for Album of the Year...Triple C's too?!

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

I do think dudes would respect him more as a rapper if he didn't have the CO title behind him.
I think it had more to do with his feminine behavior when confronting the situation.

What feminine behavior? The denying it? He had to deny the %$+ for the kids out there that believes these rappers are really what they rap aboutit. I don't agree with it but I don't believe he had much of a choice in the matter. He could've told the truth but let's be honest. No onewould've given him credit for doing so lol.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

DTR was his worse album. It was like a Jadakiss album but less lyrical

Man if Jada's album had this production? He would've dropped album of the year. But Jada never gets this type of production. Never.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

As I've said before...if it wasn't for the C.O. fiasco...Rick Ross would be in everyones top 5 this year
Only you believe that
laugh.gif

I think that's OD'n a bit but I do agree with what dude is saying. Maybe not top 5 but I do think dudes would respect him more as a rapper if he didn't have the CO title behind him. Hell maybe its not even the CO title. Maybe its all the drug references. Dudes think he's more OJ DA Juiceman and Jeezy than he is a real rapper. But he's lightyears ahead of Jeezy.

As a rapper? Please. Jeezy himself has said he's not a writer. There was a point when I thought Rawse the Bawse was nothing but a poor man's Jeezy. But that's no longer the case. Rawse lyrically is a different league. Jeezy doesn't embarrass himself though. He doesn't throw a million metaphors out there. He stays in his lane and that's why he makes solid music.
Ross was NEVER a poor mans Jeezy EVER, and he certainly isn't better than Jeezy lyrically now. As I said before NOTHING he said on that albumhas stuck in my mind besides the hook....which has been the case his entire career. Sure he was better than ever but that ain't saying much. Jeezy at hislyrical worst (TM101) was waaaaaaayyyy better than Ross at his best(this album). Then you had the audacity to say he's lightyears ahead of Jeezy
grin.gif

Ross and Jeezy really aren't that similar. Ross is a mafioso type rapper in 2009. He's not on the same %$$% as Jeezy.

IMO Ross style requires him to be more detailed, he's painting a picture for you, a fantasy almost.

Jeezy on the other hand is more on that witty, simple subtle %$$%, even though he raps about the money and drugs and all that, at the end of the day he'susually on some %$$% that you can relate to.

Yall comparing them talking about Ross lyrics > Jeezy and vice versa but you really can't compare them that easily.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

I do think dudes would respect him more as a rapper if he didn't have the CO title behind him.
I think it had more to do with his feminine behavior when confronting the situation.
What feminine behavior? The denying it? He had to deny the %$+ for the kids out there that believes these rappers are really what they rap about it. I don't agree with it but I don't believe he had much of a choice in the matter. He could've told the truth but let's be honest. No one would've given him credit for doing so lol.

For the kids? Really......the kids. Personally I found that behavior feminine. It was plain to see it was him and in the end the truth came outanyways. I think he did have a choice and had he admitted it from the beginning he'd be better off.

Back
Top Bottom