Deeper Than Rap is Contender for Album of the Year...Triple C's too?!

Not a big fan of this album, MAD overrated...like Jeezy said, I'd rather listen to your instrumentals

List of albums I put ahead of this one in NO ORDER
Joe Budden - Padded Room and Escape Route
Slim Thug - Boss of all Bosses
UGK - UGK 4 Life
Method Man and Redman - Blackout 2
Eminem - Relapse
Busta Rhymes - Back On My B.S.
Cam'ron - Crime Pays
Willy Northpole - Tha Connect
Maino - If Tomorrow Comes...
Fabolous - Loso's Way
Slaughterhouse - Slaughterhouse

I can honestly say I remember nothing from this album but the hooks.....what does that tell you? Production wise it IS album of the year period(unless Detoxactually drops) only album I can see touching it that isn't out yet would be Til the Casket Drops. Lyrically, as always, very sub par.

The only thing memorable about the album is the production. Can't be AOY just based off production alone, content is there but repetitive. Can't justlive off production alone for your whole career not saying thats the case for Ross but usually people bump Ross' albums because it rides out nice. Sh--Jeezy would have had 3 consecutive AOY if albums were based solely on production.

I can't give it AOTY because of the tracks w/ Foxy and Dream.

HORRIBLE.

*!!$@# up an otherwise VERY GOOD and well put together album.

yall must have not realized how much Ross stepped his lyrical game up...hes really spitting that mafioso chill back rap...its ill.

20090701-ob4cl21.jpg

That Ross album was pretty good to me...I mean, he isnt the best rapper but he's better than half of these other cats...

Deeper Than Rap IS SO FAR album of the year... hands down.. and NT yall buggin lyrically Rick Ross spit nuttin put gasoline on that album.

Im not even gonna defend the production because everyone knows Rick Ross' ears for beats.

I defitnely wanna check out all the Ruckus about OBFCL2 cause NT going crazy over it and its not even out yet...

there are alot of albums that have to come out before this gets the Album Of The Year award. But so far IT IS

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

List of albums I put ahead of this one in NO ORDER
Joe Budden - Padded Room and Escape Route
Slim Thug - Boss of all Bosses
UGK - UGK 4 Life
Method Man and Redman - Blackout 2
Eminem - Relapse
Busta Rhymes - Back On My B.S.
Cam'ron - Crime Pays (this was my %%+! for a minute but nah)
Willy Northpole - Tha Connect ???
Maino - If Tomorrow Comes...
Fabolous - Loso's Way
Slaughterhouse - Slaughterhouse
Jacka - Tear Gas
Diamond District - In The Rough
Raekwon - OB4CL2

fixed by personal preference... it's definitely in contention
Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

yall must have not realized how much Ross stepped his lyrical game up...hes really spitting that mafioso chill back rap...its ill.
Yep... all the people saying otherwise probably didn't pay enough attention to notice.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

20090701-ob4cl21.jpg

hands down......for now
laugh.gif

and IMO The Last Kiss>DTR

understood Ross stepped his lyrical game up....but I have my lyrical bar set a little higher I guess.....I can't get in to Ross' music...and it hasnothing to do with the fake life and the CO $++$...I guess I personally can't feel %%$#*+ I feel I can rap better than
grin.gif

If I had the instrumental catalouge that Ross has....I would be a multi-billion dollar artist all across the world
laugh.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

I need that mixtape...
pimp.gif

Right now DTR is album of the year...

But that can/may/will change with Lupe and OB4CL2....

%*%%!% crazy if think he hasn't stepped up lyrically...

He's gotten better every album..

Hell, *puts on flame suit*.... *matter fact, ##+! that flame suit *stands boldly in my hanes boxers* a the whole Triple C's has gotten better...

Don't believe me..

Check "RoadKill" and "throw it in the sky"

Them %*%%!% has been puttin out consistent GOOD music

*jumps head first into the fire*

Yea this is rawse best album hands down. It might be one of the best produced and just overall flowing/vibe rap album of the yr. The music just kind flows fromsong to song. Lyrically maybe not the best(so far i gotta give it 2 my boy rae) but if some1 says he had 1 of the best albums of the yr i aint even gonna bemad at em.

I think this is ross's best album to date. I believe it has potential to be album of the year. Its def. been the best album to release so far. Andeverybody hating on that dream track is wild'in, dream bodied that hook, and ross did his thing verse wise. Only song that was lacking was the foxy track,I honestly haven't listened to the whole track. I haven't heard cuban link 2 yet, im a huge rae fan so im hoping for the best, I love lupe, hoping hehas a soild album. Ive heard Blueprint already, Jay's not even in the running no more, it was wack to me and to many guest apperances on there, reminds meof Diddy's Press Play or something.

Contender Yes. Winner No. An argument can be made for best so far of 09

Patiently waiting for next Friday, the Thornton brothers or Lupe (if he drops) to be my pick.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

As I've said before...if it wasn't for the C.O. fiasco...Rick Ross would be in everyones top 5 this year
Only you believe that
laugh.gif

I think that's OD'n a bit but I do agree with what dude is saying. Maybe not top 5 but I do think dudes would respect him more as a rapper if hedidn't have the CO title behind him. Hell maybe its not even the CO title. Maybe its all the drug references. Dudes think he's more OJ DA Juiceman andJeezy than he is a real rapper. But he's lightyears ahead of Jeezy.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

As I've said before...if it wasn't for the C.O. fiasco...Rick Ross would be in everyones top 5 this year
Only you believe that
laugh.gif

I think that's OD'n a bit but I do agree with what dude is saying. Maybe not top 5 but I do think dudes would respect him more as a rapper if he didn't have the CO title behind him. Hell maybe its not even the CO title. Maybe its all the drug references. Dudes think he's more OJ DA Juiceman and Jeezy than he is a real rapper. But he's lightyears ahead of Jeezy.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Only you believe that
laugh.gif

I think that's OD'n a bit but I do agree with what dude is saying. Maybe not top 5 but I do think dudes would respect him more as a rapper if he didn't have the CO title behind him. Hell maybe its not even the CO title. Maybe its all the drug references. Dudes think he's more OJ DA Juiceman and Jeezy than he is a real rapper. But he's lightyears ahead of Jeezy.

As a rapper? Please. Jeezy himself has said he's not a writer. There was a point when I thought Rawse the Bawse was nothing but a poor man's Jeezy. Butthat's no longer the case. Rawse lyrically is a different league. Jeezy doesn't embarrass himself though. He doesn't throw a million metaphors outthere. He stays in his lane and that's why he makes solid music.

So far the rap AOY is Blackout 2, dudes need to cop that and listen if they haven't already. Dudes can save that Rick FRAUD/Deeper Than Rap nonsense. Some rappers help the beats, others rappers need beats for help. Rick FRAUD falls in the latter part of that statement.

I do think dudes would respect him more as a rapper if he didn't have the CO title behind him.
I think it had more to do with his feminine behavior when confronting the situation.

Back
Top Bottom