Deeper Than Rap is Contender for Album of the Year...Triple C's too?!

DTR was cool, but I wouldn't call it an album of the year contender.

And it's only August.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

if it wasn't for the C.O. fiasco...Rick Ross would be in everyones top 5 this year...
Fawse.

Deeper Than Rap was nearly flawless production wise, but lyrically it was lacking and had a couple bricks as well (ie. that songs with Dream, Ne-Yo and FoxyBrown). Cigar Music definitely should have been on the album though.

And I'm still waiting on the Clipse and Lupe to drop, I think they will have the best albums this year.

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

DTR was cool, but I wouldn't call it an album of the year contender.

And it's only August.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

if it wasn't for the C.O. fiasco...Rick Ross would be in everyones top 5 this year...
Fawse.
Im gonna have to side with optimus on this one. It is def a contender but with the upcoming album set to release i doubt he will actually win it.DTR was a very solid album IMO though
pimp.gif

deeper than rap was @*%@%@ lame. rick ross is a $!%%! and cant rap. he can make a good song but lyrically he blows. double barrel was better than this. andob4cl2 @*%@%@ was lame too. relapse was aight. cormega album gon be hot droppin in october

Originally Posted by jdm free

deeper than rap was @*%@%@ lame. rick ross is a $!%%! and cant rap. he can make a good song but lyrically he blows. double barrel was better than this. and ob4cl2 @*%@%@ was lame too. relapse was aight. cormega album gon be hot droppin in october
my dude OB4CL2 was lame?!?

325814-face_palm.jpg
379185117_a321b077ea.jpg

I dont see why not he did have a pretty good album,production alone was stellar. He did kinda step up his lyrical game some also.

Deeper than Rap is still album of the year for me...
But thats likely to change on tuesday when I hear Cuban Linx 2...
But even with all the new releases coming this year...I still think rick ross will be in the top 5 when its all said and done...

Its my album of the year but I haven't heard Cuban Linx 2. I'll probably feel the same after listening to it though. Cats need to get off the wholehe's a CO, he's fat, he's this, he's that. Deeper than Rap is a hot record. I'm not judging the man. I'm Judging the product.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Raekwon's - OB4CL2 birthed Rick Ross' whole style
Even if you got the album right you would still have been a lil off.

Anyway, DTR was definitely one of the hottest albums of the year. OB4CL2 did just shut the game down though.

If you can't appreciate DTR on a summer day, windows down, blunt in hand.. there was no hope for you to begin with.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Its my album of the year but I haven't heard Cuban Linx 2. I'll probably feel the same after listening to it though. Cats need to get off the whole he's a CO, he's fat, he's this, he's that. Deeper than Rap is a hot record. I'm not judging the man. I'm Judging the product.

Agreed,

DTR was a very good album, and its a shame that people still look down on him...

Its still a lil early to call it AOY, but so far, its definately one of the best of '09...

Trilla was also one of the best albums of that year...

Dudes are really pushing Deeper Than Rap for album of the year?? I guess the well must be running dry in hip hop right now.

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

DTR was
pimp.gif
but ima reserve Album Of the Year speculation.....for the end of the year

I agree
pimp.gif
most well produced rap album in years and solid lyrics. I'msure Lupe-Lasers will be the rap album of the year though.

I know it's not BP3....

DTR was a well produced album...truthfully anyone could have put out this album with those beats...%%$$ I would have listened to Nick Cannon babble on thesebeats...so Ross just had to talk slick on a few masterfully put together records...not to tough...AOY though?? nah

OB4CL2 is def in the discussion regardless to what the hater's believe...

Relapse
grin.gif
most of this album can be considered but there's tracks onthere that make me think otherwise....

Escape Route
pimp.gif
but not AOY

SlaughterHouse is dope too...but that's an acquired taste pause....still not AOY

Back
Top Bottom