December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Watching part 2 now..Woman's sister has a very "hey look at me/I'm trying to put myself over" type attitude..And poor Vicki just sounds like a moron..smh..

I don't know what David and Woman's family expected from WWE..Did they think they was going to get checks the rest of their life?..What did they want the company to do?..

There’s no way they could have thought they’d get the same treatment as Eddie’s family

There’s no way they could have thought they’d get the same treatment as Eddie’s family

It kinda comes across like they do..I was really surprised with their attitudes towards WWE about what happened after..It's like if the manager of a Taco Bell did the same thing as Benoit, would anyone in their right mind expect Taco Bell to have any contact with the murderers' family?..Nope..

And Woman's sister talking about JR being at the funeral as a "work" and she can "see a work from a mile away" didn't make any sense..

It kinda comes across like they do..I was really surprised with their attitudes towards WWE about what happened after..It's like if the manager of a Taco Bell did the same thing as Benoit, would anyone in their right mind expect Taco Bell to have any contact with the murderers' family?..Nope..

And Woman's sister talking about JR being at the funeral as a "work" and she can "see a work from a mile away" didn't make any sense..

I was very confused when she said that, made no sense at all

Finished part 2 of the Benoit doc this morning.

Jericho might indeed be the GOAT for reaching out to David and his family after the tragedy (along with Chavo) and for reuniting David and his aunt.

I also didn't understand ole girl calling JR attending the funeral as a work. I know he had to have been really uncomfortable doing.

Had no idea that Stinko Malenko had Parkinson's. :frown:

Watching the doc and seeing all those dudes taking those vicious chair head shots made me cringe. Really crazy how that was so commonplace that was in the 90s.

Anywhere beside Vice I can watch the past wrestling docs? Want to check out that Savage/Elizabeth one.

T0INE T0INE i understand where she was coming from. JR was in a catch 22. She knew WWE was trying to wash their hands of Benoit and distance themselves as much as possible and JR was a BS “Representative” for the organization.

JR obviously cared for the family more than just as a company man, but was tasked with doing something (he even said he was there on behalf of the company) that was really uncomfortable for all parties involved. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. I hope she and JR talked at AEW and they have moved forward from it.

I don't know what David and Woman's family expected from WWE..Did they think they was going to get checks the rest of their life?..What did they want the company to do?..
Yeah this was a bit confusing. Not sure what they thought they would be entitled to.

I 100% think Woman needs to be in the HOF though. Miss Elizabeth too. The 2 most important valets in the history of the business. Not really much of a role now, but absolutely was in the 80s and 90s.

marikomorose marikomorose
SC kid SC kid

From OperationSports NBA 2K forum :lol:

Look at the Top few threads.

Screenshot (41).png

Yeah this was a bit confusing. Not sure what they thought they would be entitled to.

I 100% think Woman needs to be in the HOF though. Miss Elizabeth too. The 2 most important valets in the history of the business. Not really much of a role now, but absolutely was in the 80s and 90s.

When I think of Valets I think of 3 women specifically..In order it goes: Ms. ElizUhBitt, Woman, then Francine..Those 3 were perfect at their job..And you can see a progression from Elizabeth to Frannie..The role started (not really but she was the most important valet that I can remember) with Liz and he was the quiet, "my man can do it" valet that rarely talked..Then came Woman who was more of a character, cut promos, and would get somewhat physical..Finally Francine was the "one of the boys" valets that could cut a great promo, would fight men and women, take insane bumps, and had the crazy sex appeal..All 3 deserve a WWE HOF ring IMO..

For those wanting to watch all these episodes, just search Vice Dark Side of the Ring on Youtube and I'm pretty sure every episode is on there..That's where I've watched them all since they started dropping..

Just finished the Von Erichs episode. Another really rough one :frown:

That one was probably the hardest for me to watch..As a dad my heart hurt for Fritz so much..I just couldn't imaging having to bury my baby boy let alone multiple sons..That's an absolute sould crusher..

That pop Kerry got when he beat Flair, in Texas, for the NWA Worlds Heavyweight title gives me goosebumps every time I watch clips from that match..

When I think of Valets I think of 3 women specifically..In order it goes: Ms. ElizUhBitt, Woman, then Francine..Those 3 were perfect at their job..And you can see a progression from Elizabeth to Frannie..The role started (not really but she was the most important valet that I can remember) with Liz and he was the quiet, "my man can do it" valet that rarely talked..Then came Woman who was more of a character, cut promos, and would get somewhat physical..Finally Francine was the "one of the boys" valets that could cut a great promo, would fight men and women, take insane bumps, and had the crazy sex appeal..All 3 deserve a WWE HOF ring IMO..

For those wanting to watch all these episodes, just search Vice Dark Side of the Ring on Youtube and I'm pretty sure every episode is on there..That's where I've watched them all since they started dropping..
No love for Beulah?

Fell down a rabbit hole after watching an X-PAC/Syxx retrospective vid. Ended up watching all of these. Most of them are 10 minutes or less.
Syxx vs Benoit (WCW Worldwide, 97)

Syxx/Vincent vs Southern Posse (Worldwide, 97)

Benoit vs Eddie (SD), turns into Benoit/Tajiri vs Eddie/Rhyno (03)

Tajiri vs Eddie (SD, US title, 03)

Benoit vs Edge (Raw, Cage match, 04)

Team Angle vs Rey/Tajiri (SD 03)

Rey vs Brock (SD 03, for a possible title shot)

Rey vs Jamie Noble (CW title, 04)

Eddie vs Cena (SD 03 Parking Lot Brawl)

Regal vs Finlay (‘96, Parking Lot Brawl)

Case Case

You don't think of Sherri MArtel when you think of Valets?

TBH, Woman doesn't come to mind when I think of Elite Valets. She was good but I think of Liz and Sherri.

Hell I think of Marlena/Alexandra York before I think of Woman.

But, it is all preference of course.

Back
Top Bottom