December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

I’ll catch it tomorrow most likely... but god damn.

If Joey Janela is the main event... Went from one extreme dude to the other huh? Dude was so garbage when I was watching AEW. Hopefully he’s gotten better.

In for NXT and AEW tonight.

Case Case

Were you a Kerry Von Erich fan?

Yes I was..I thought his work as KVE was very good..Not the best promo, but had a great look, could tell a solid story, and could connect with the fans as good as any babyface in the 80's/early 90's..Wasn't too big on his as the Texas Tornado cause he just never seemed to be that comfortable in Vince's product..

Which raises a good question..What wrestler who previously wrestled for their family and then went to NY do y'all think made the smoothest transition/had the best career after the move?..

I feel like Kenny still doesn't really feel important. His theme/entrance is terrible. Dan Callus is good on the mic, but nobody actually cares about him. The TNA stuff has been pointless (thus far).

He's extremely talented in the ring but that's where it ends. The mystique he had coming over from New Japanese is 1000% gone.

Closing the show in a match against Joey Janeva would be like Roman facing Bo Dallas to close SmackDown :lol:

Last edited:
Man, fell asleep around 7 and just woke up. Haven't had 9 hours of sleep in months.

What to watch from last night's shows?

I’ll catch it tomorrow most likely... but god damn.

If Joey Janela is the main event... Went from one extreme dude to the other huh? Dude was so garbage when I was watching AEW. Hopefully he’s gotten better.

Man just let us know what you think of that entire last segment. :lol:

I know I am out of touch and don't know how to have fun so maybe others viewed it differently.

I just don't get IT man.

Is either Wednesday night show worth watching?
aew had sting. nuff said.

this thing called nxt? I dont know. never heard of it. I see names on this nxt show being posted in here and they all sound like backyard wrestler names. 🤷🏾‍♂️

damian priest? didnt he have a hit song in the 1980’s?

kyle o reily? doesnt he own a bunch of auto parts stores?

adam cole? is he related to michael cole?

finn baylor? didnt he use to work for the first order?

Last edited:
Yea, you can take 5 minutes and watch that Sting segment on the Youtube. Seems like they are planting some seeds there with Cody.

Yes I was..I thought his work as KVE was very good..Not the best promo, but had a great look, could tell a solid story, and could connect with the fans as good as any babyface in the 80's/early 90's..Wasn't too big on his as the Texas Tornado cause he just never seemed to be that comfortable in Vince's product..

Which raises a good question..What wrestler who previously wrestled for their family and then went to NY do y'all think made the smoothest transition/had the best career after the move?..
Bret?

Rant.

VKM really messed that money up. (Not literally).

In 2003, he could have sang, "I've got the whole (wrestling) world in my hands" and it would have been true.

Since then, what the hell does he have to show for? RAW hitting 1.6 million folks is embarrassing. Yes, COVID IS a factor and no fans in the audience makes the viewers not AS interested but the fact that we are at THIS point is just sad.

You can sign anyone you want.
You can buy any tape library of any defunct promotion you want.
Your product is on National Television.

Yet you still found a way to mess everything up.

But he is making his $, so I guess that can be a measure of success.

Dude really messed up the whole wrestling ecosystem man.

It is sad.

/Rant

The A&W opening match was solid, even though Hangmin is really the only one I care about. I kinda like the dude Angelica (Alex Wright's son :lol: ) but of course they have him job to Cody Roads. Which led to another pointless Stink segment where he just comes out and points the bat as Tazz whole crew and then walks back into the tunnel. Everything else was on the show was pretty meh. That tornado tag match was a mess.

NXT opening tag match was enjoyable too. Thought my man ihust1e ihust1e was about to kill himself with a botch on a dive to the outside. Tomato Champs vs this new guy Tyler Rust was surprisingly good. Didn't even know who he was, but he kinda showed out and apparently received praise. Looks like that Malcolm Bivens dude going to manage him. Doon/KOR was fantastic. Probably one of the better non-Takeover matches NXT has ever had. Shotz vs the India chick was dumb. Tony Ziggs vs Ripley was good to close the show.

Brian Last: "People think AEW is all-inclusive but everyone in their front office / upper management supports Trump."

Not sure how true it is but I know Cody is a "I don't see color" type dude with his PLantation Belt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom