December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Simple because he was trying to get him to come to the WWE for years so bad that he signed a hollowed out body to major money for nothing.

Thats like me buying a BMW with a blown motor just because it's a BMW.

Jules,

Why Are you ignoring the fact that he knew by signing Sting, as with any wildly popular masked/face painted wrestler, he (Vince) could generate money from a merchandising perspective? It could also bring back displaced WCW fans that dropped off the face of the earth.

Why are you set on looking at Vince signing Sting as anything more than a business move for the WWE?

Vince isn't doing anything or signing any big name star unless he feels it can bring him $ or disrupt the competition.

I am not so sure Vince signed Sting because HE felt Sting was this special talent that MUST be in the WWE system because they NEEDED him.

Also JUles, he signed him to a Legends deal. A Handfull of matches with the right to marketing his likeness.

That is why I am SO confused as to you saying VINCE overrates him. VInce? Of all people, VINCE overrating a WCW talent?

Please don't take anything I am saying about your WORDS personally.

Last edited:
KLelgZT.gif

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
@King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

Singles Match
Randy Savage vs. Lex Luger
Dominant performance by Lex Luger. Nothing more to say here other than this was the most lopsided victory one big name had over another big name since we have been watching. I wonder where they go from here.

Tag Team Match
The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock) vs. American Males (Marcus Alexander Bagwell & Scotty Riggs)
:lol: @ How pressed PE was to get that table spot in after the match. A double decker table spot. :smh: This stuff looks SO goofy man and it just further supports my idea of how much ECW normalized doing dangerous STUNTS in AMerican wrestling. Bagwell had to cooperate SO much by laying on top of that table and Scotty Riggs just had to pretend he couldn’t move in time enough to stop it from happening. Stupid.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
Ric Flair (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Sting
How many times have we seen this match now? 3 or 4? Copy and Paste anything I have said about them in the past. Not “reviewing” their matches anymore.

Singles Match
Hulk Hogan vs. Meng (w/The Taskmaster)
1996 and Hogan is still attempting to finish matches with goofy Hulk Ups. This stuff looked goofy then and now looking at it with 2020 eyes just makes it look even MORE stupid. Funny Hogan put the “International Object” in Meng’s trunks after he used it. I get it but I was impressed with the amount of thought that was put into it. I get it though.

Horsemen vs. Dungeon of Doom Segment: This was the best thing on this show. AA is finally putting his foot down with The Loose Cannon. They made note of Benoit not being able to take his eyes off AA so where is HIS head at? AA smacked the HELL out of Pillman though. Got damn. :lol:

OK show.
Thank you for your contribution I will get this episode in by this weekend and post my thoughts

Back
Top Bottom