December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

To answer your question, I can't think of anyone.

Anyone that gets high marks got them for a reason. To me, people use overrated as a technical way to say they don't like somebody.

Even a dude like Miz, that I have always viewed as a sucka, has earned everything he has gotten from wrestling. I can't call him overrated but I can admit I am not a fan.

Weak. Your answer reads Miz but back peddle.

Earned is subjective. Could be look, size, right place right time, etc. Being over rated in something is your opinion, which you have and then some.

I sure can. (See above)

Super Over-Rated, in no order:

1BA0C307-DEA7-4DAD-8012-B4FD275DBF37.jpeg

02EDE71F-A963-4279-B632-E380121CEEFD.jpeg

1668FDFC-0F5E-4DAC-990E-94E4BA97C268.jpeg

I gotta disagree with Nash..If anything dude is right where he belongs..I've never heard anyone say he was the best or a big time draw or a great wrestler..About the only thing I think most honest fans would say he does great is cut a promo..But nobody is saying a Vegas/Oz/Master Blaster/Diesel/Nash match is a MOTN/MOTY or 5 star worthy..

Weak. Your answer reads Miz but back peddle.

Earned is subjective. Could be look, size, right place right time, etc. Being over rated in something is your opinion, which you have and then some.

I sure can. (See above)

I don't prefer Miz's presentation.

If I was irrational, I would call him overrated.

I don't think he is overrated, I am acknowledging I simply don't CARE for his presentation.

So no, Miz is NOT my answer.

I gotta disagree with Nash..If anything dude is right where he belongs..I've never heard anyone say he was the best or a big time draw or a great wrestler..About the only thing I think most honest fans would say he does great is cut a promo..But nobody is saying a Vegas/Oz/Master Blaster/Diesel/Nash match is a MOTN/MOTY or 5 star worthy..

Maybe I’m thinking status is the rating... are we staying this is supposed to be “people say Blah Blah is the Goat” do you agree?

Need some definition on this tennhouse2 tennhouse2

But if it’s champion status, carrying the company, thee guy then my answers would stay the same.

I understand over/under rated to mean a general understanding that the majority of fans think a wrestler is great/bad..

I don't, personally, think most fans would say Nash is a great wrestler, so to me he's not overrated and is right about where he belongs..He's an important wrestler, but not great..

Goldberg and Ultimate Warrior = Properly rated.

People love high intensity, smash-mouth individuals. Both of those dudes were exactly that and that is why folks loved them.

Ultimate Warrior had cool colorways too.

I don't think people view either as Elite But very solid historical contributors.

This wasn’t a people question, this was a who do You think is super over rated.

Based on responses my answers stay the same.

I understand over/under rated to mean a general understanding that the majority of fans think a wrestler is great/bad..

I don't, personally, think most fans would say Nash is a great wrestler, so to me he's not overrated and is right about where he belongs..He's an important wrestler, but not great..

He was 1/2 ( with Hall ) of the spark that helped jumpstart the MondayNight War.

Historically, that is VERY important.

Very.

He was 1/2 ( with Hall ) of the spark that helped jumpstart the MondayNight War.

Historically, that is VERY important.

Very.

Exactly..He is super important because of being a part of the Curtain Call (which helped break the 4th wall) and being the founding member of the NWO (which is the 2nd greatest stable of all time..Guess who I think is first)..So his place in history is right where it's supposed to be..But I wouldn't call him either overrated or underrated..He's remembered perfectly..Which actually is kinda unusual considering wrestling fans love to either gas up or tear down people..He's one of the rare wrestlers who never really gets mentioned in either group..That's a hard thing to do in the sport of professional wrestling..
Sorry for rambling, but my back is out and I too that Perc 10, so I'm extra wordy tonight..

IMO his promo work is a bit overrated. I think he’s good, but not amazing. He tries a little too hard to be real where it doesn’t sound effortless.

I can understand that perspective. It is all acting at the end of the day, so those that feel/sound natural are still putting on an act.

Bully Ray
Jay Brisco
Also come to mind with similar promo styles.

Back
Top Bottom