December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Small dudes beating up big dudes, yuck. Unrealistic.

I'm with MT, he's a Champion like me, he knows what's up.

Small 130 lb dudes shouldn't even be able to do any damage to a guy 200 lbs plus.

Stop trying to derail the thread.
You brought it up, but ok. The John Sliver video I posted. My first time seeing him a few weeks ago I mentioned really liking his promo. What do you think of him?
Why do wrestling fans and the industry at large discriminate against smaller men? It’s 2020 we can have 130 pound champions.

I would like to see a feud between those two “small guys”. John Silver is one of the most entertaining guys on the roster
Will Darby is small, JS is pretty huge. Not in height, he's probably 5'4, but he's probably between 175-180. Tremendous charisma. Those 2 could be rivals being that they're polar opposites.

Why do wrestling fans and the industry at large discriminate against smaller men? It’s 2020 we can have 130 pound champions.

I guess it depends on your preferred style of wrestling.

If you are big on realism, then you will probably prefer to see wrestlers matched up a little closer to those around the same size. (Much like other combat sports).

But I understand that, "It's just wrestling."

But some things are just harder to suspend the disbelief.

So something that happens in a predetermined match is not believable even though it has happened in a shoot fight? :emoji_thinking:

In REAL LIFE small dudes beating up big dudes isn't the norm.

So when its presented like such in wrestling. It's not normal.

Just because it happened in videos you posted specifically to help your argument, great, it's still not the believable norm.

The only way Nia Jax is besting Shayna Baszler is by accident.

In WWE world Nia Jax can and has destroyed everyone.

The only thing more powereful than Nia jax's size is starpower.

All her strength and power goes until she faces a member of the Four Horsewomen. Where her record is abysmal against those 4.

Finished watching Full Gear.

Hangmin/Omega was GOODT, as was Young Bucks/FTR.

That FTRer showing off LowShirai cost them the match.

Darby/Cody I have a last name again Rhodes was solid.

MJF gonna destroy the Inner Circle from within and eventually supplant Jericho as leader.

The Ultimate Deletion match was cool for what it was.

The Jon Moxley title reign needs to end.

Hopefully Omega does that at Revolution.

Overall IT was a solid PPV.

In REAL LIFE small dudes beating up big dudes isn't the norm.

So when its presented like such in wrestling. It's not normal.

Just because it happened in videos you posted specifically to help your argument, great, it's still not the believable norm.

If you start picking apart things that aren't believable in wrestling, you might as well stop watching it.

Why do opponents run the ropes? If someone launches you into the ropes why would you run towards them?

Why do wrestlers sell their opponents moves?

Why are dives a thing?

If wrestlers know that hooking the legs will make it harder for their opponent to kick out, why do they still "forget" to do it?

Why do wrestlers crawl to their partner and at the last second make the tag?

If you start picking apart things that aren't believable in wrestling, you might as well stop watching it.

Why do opponents run the ropes? If someone launches you into the ropes why would you run towards them?

Why do wrestlers sell their opponents moves?

Why are dives a thing?

If wrestlers know that hooking the legs will make it harder for their opponent to kick out, why do they still "forget" to do it?

Why do wrestlers crawl to their partner and at the last second make the tag?

Everyone has a different tolerance about what they are willing to suspend disbelief for.

We all irrationally question some things and give a pass to other things within the scope of wrestling.

Just find your balance.

Back
Top Bottom