December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

1604515725255.png
ftfy
835446FD-D127-4D69-8F59-D440E87B38E9.jpeg

NTWTSS- I only got 4 people, including myself, signed up for our annual NTWT Secret Santa..If you want to join YOU MUST SEND ME A PM!..Don't just quote this post..I'd like to have at least 12 people this year (more would be better of course)..And Im thinking since that wrestling overall is having a down period that we won't make buying someone a wrestling item a requirement..I think we should just do it for fun and let everyone get what they want..

WCW Monday Night Nitro Review - 25 December 1995

Lex Luger vs Scotty Riggs
This match is exactly what it shouldn't be, don't recall who Luger struggled with before. But he once again doesn't look strong or dominant going into a shot at the title. Bad booking...

Meane Gene with Sting
Gene is the goat man... I miss someone with his skill set. Like that they are continuing their "what's up with Sting and Luger" angle. Good sub set storyline.

Sting vs Big Bubba
To the opposite of Lex, it's good to see that baby face see some adversity. Helps with a guy like Bubba who is psychically bigger and shows that Sting could struggle against a big guy.

Meane Gene with Lex Luger and Jimmy Hart
Once again, doubling down on the Sting and Luger angle. Great to see this side storyline pushed, it's stable, being shown. Side note, they dressed up for halloween, Bears game, now Christmas. I like the little things like that. Pittman showing up for a manager is the weirdest thing... but I like it. I think the issue is just the timing... why not do backstage segments. But I like wrestlers trying to get that, making managers and winning important. I even like the dress down (not literal) of Jimmy to Pittman, for Jimmy to go look at you... loser. Very nice.

Dean Malenko vs Mr. J.L.
A name like Mr. J.L. screams jobber... he wrestles against it as best he can. But then announcers say "Mr J.L." and loses credibility. Brain will call him J.L. which helps... Overall match was decent. Seeing Malenko do a calf slice for a win is fantastic.

Meane Gene with Rick Flair and Jimmy Hart
Flair gave a good interview, funny to see Jimmy be a weasel and go along with Flair. Clearly some shenanigans to come but... why no Horseman?

Ric Flair vs Macho Man Randy Savage
Weird to see these two wrestle, just an odd pairing to me. Then Savage slaps on a figure 4 without any of the match being able to breathe, weird start. Anouncers do a very good job being excited and engaged. Even to the extent Heenan saying something simple like wouldn't you put a piece of metal in the tap. It's silly but he's engaged and adding more to the match. Always loved seeing Flair do little things like a low blow, knucks in tights, figure 4 and holding of the rope... all good and simple things that are so effective. Of course the run in happens, for two weeks Macho Man can't win a match... He looks weak. Taped arm, can't win a match, Hogan and Giant are always around... he is a paper champion at best. Be nice if they made him credible at least for who he's going to hand it to.

This match never made sense... why was the title on the line? Why are they having a triangle match for the title at the PPV with Flair in it? Why is Macho Man having a match with the title on the line two weeks in a row? Just odd booking but fun.

Meane Gene with Sting
Gene is the goat man... I miss someone with his skill set. Like that they are continuing their "what's up with Sting and Luger" angle. Good sub set storyline.

Man it's crazy how someone like Mean Gene is so desperately missed in today's wrestling scene..

My dad looked like a dead ringer for Okerlund during the 80's..All my friends would mess with me about it..

Man it's crazy how someone like Mean Gene is so desperately missed in today's wrestling scene..

My dad looked like a dead ringer for Okerlund during the 80's..All my friends would mess with me about it..

Fully agree... his craft is second to none.

Something so small but good, you never saw him back down. People would mess with him and he’d always have a snappy come back. It would get the heel over as a bully.

He’d be sympathetic and engaging with the faces, he’d give them a good platform to look better than they are.

Extremely missed, it really is a lost art that no one has right now.

Lex Luger vs Scotty Riggs
This match is exactly what it shouldn't be, don't recall who Luger struggled with before. But he once again doesn't look strong or dominant going into a shot at the title. Bad booking...
Like I mentioned, I am not sure why the commentators didn't use what they were seeing to tell the story of Luger looking PAST Riggs and to the Triangle Match at Starrcade. Such an easy story to tell.

This was some typical AEW booking for sure.

Let the Midcard talents hang with the Main Eventers thinking it brings up the MidCarder.

Nah.

Back
Top Bottom