December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Any of y'all remember Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling cartoon show on Saturday mornings on CBS during the '80s apex of WWF?

It was a clever crossover idea with a cartoon show of their licensed characters since WWF exploded into mainstream America during that period. And putting Hogan's name in the title was good marketing because there was a widespread affinity for him that time.

The only flaws of the show was the artwork and the cartoon characters didn't use the actual wrestlers' voices. The wrestlers had distinctly identifiable voices so it would have been conducive for them to voice the cartoon characters.

I realized the beat for the intro sampled Ravishing by Bonnie Tyler. The only difference is the cartoon spliced a low-tone "HULK" chant in it.

Peep the 0:50 mark toward the end of this video in the upper right of the screen! You'll see a fat chick wearing a pink t-shirt carrying a stupid small a%$ dog fall forward in the crowd mobbing Hogan! 😆

Question.

Real World QUestion.

So I sent the Andrew Yang / JEricho podcast to a librarian friend and I had to explain to her what AEW was. So I gave her the spill.

Essentially I told her the dilemma they are in socially. Wanting to be progressive, but are funded by someone that is the son of someone that is a Trump supporter. Their biggest Star is a trump supporter. Blah Blah Blah.

So she asks me is it even WORTH making a wrestling company as liberal/progressive as they have attempted to do so far?

She thinks it is no different than NASCAR attempting to make their product more progressive when their fanbase is CLEARLY not progressive. (Based on what she knows wrestling base to be)

I know Xennial Xennial has made comments on the topic before but just wanted yall's pov on IT.

Question.

Real World QUestion.

So I sent the Andrew Yang / JEricho podcast to a librarian friend and I had to explain to her what AEW was. So I gave her the spill.

Essentially I told her the dilemma they are in socially. Wanting to be progressive, but are funded by someone that is the son of someone that is a Trump supporter. Their biggest Star is a trump supporter. Blah Blah Blah.

So she asks me is it even WORTH making a wrestling company as liberal/progressive as they have attempted to do so far?

She thinks it is no different than NASCAR attempting to make their product more progressive when their fanbase is CLEARLY not progressive. (Based on what she knows wrestling base to be)

I know Xennial Xennial has made comments on the topic before but just wanted yall's pov on IT.

At this point, they’re using it as a (or THE) distinguishing factor between themselves and the E, so yeah it’s worth it. Some of their fans eat it up and buy merch, watch/attend their shows, and support them overall based on said inclusivity.

At this point, they’re using it as a (or THE) distinguishing factor between themselves and the E, so yeah it’s worth it. Some of their fans eat it up and buy merch, watch/attend their shows, and support them overall based on said inclusivity.
Well said. The hardcore A&W fans have already shown that they are willing to turn a blind eye towards stuff like the Jericho/Khan family political leanings. They might as well keep leaning in to the all inclusive stuff.

I'm not, just offering a trade.

I have already said that I won't give my thoughts on retribution just yet.

TBH, I have only seen them a few times. Havent watched Raw in weeks.

Young Bucks have been around for years. Just wanted to know if you were a fan of theirs or not.

Young Bucks have been around for years. Just wanted to know if you were a fan of theirs or not.
Interesting answer. The Bucks gonna buck.

:rofl: This dude doesn't even WATCH his own product

Knew you watched The Last Ride though :evil:

El1nGDEXUAM327w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom