December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Updated the thread title to include nitro
tenor.gif

That was very believable. Similiar in size, not to mention he was serving as a manager.

She always had great intensity. Dynamite, Benoit, Davey Richards, Low-Ki like. Small, but FEROCIOUS.

No issue here.

I have zero problems either..Although I think when any comparable sized man/woman wrestle the man should 95% of the time win..Plus this was Jackie and she wasn't a joke like most current womens wrestlers..She was "one of the boys" and earned her stripes through the territories..She was believable and is one of the few women who I can sit back and go "Man, that woman is a legit badass and could hang with that guy in the ring (assuming the guy is of a reasonable size)"..

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican Just watching a bunch of random stuff the WWF in 98:

This match has no significance as far as storylines or anything, just a quick slugfest. I think Bradshaw at this time had slight from Barry Windham (New Blackjacks) and awhile after feuding with him in that Cornette NWA stable. Steven Regal hadn't been here all that long, but he was doing that goofy "Man's Man" gimmick :lol:

A little after Owen joined the Nation. Just a short match with the Nation running down to make the save for him.

Pretty big deal here cause this was one of maybe just 2 or 3 pinfall victories somebody had over Kane during this period.

This is after Owen kayfabe injuries Dan Severn. I never actually saw the injury angle in real time, but it's insane a year after Owen legit injured Austin's neck, they ran a neck injury storyline to Severn, including having Owen used that same Piledriver :sick: Mostly just Owen showing a lot of concern as the "injru" is weighing heavily on him
DishonestObedientBallpython-size_restricted.gif

I remember the Austin/Kane/Taker feud back then, but I don't remember how Billy Gunn ended up tagging with Austin here, but the commentary kept referencing Billy Gunn beating Jeff Jarrett in the opening match of the same show

E and Kofi have been doing armbands with the names of victims of police brutality for a few weeks. This set for John Lewis and CT Vivian was a really nice touch! Crazy to lose them both within a few hours of each other.
Actually surprised vince let's them do that.

American Pro-Wrestling - macho man vs steamboat or shawn vs taker (WM 3 and 25)

Japanese puroresu - Kota Ibushi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura WK9 or Omega vs Okada (1 or 2)

If I had to choose 1 overall from the 5, probably Shawn vs Taker at 25 due to time frame, star power, and atmosphere. He said the target demographic
was a 30 y/o woman in a later on tweet.

American Pro-Wrestling - macho man vs steamboat or shawn vs taker (WM 3 and 25)

Japanese puroresu - Kota Ibushi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura WK9 or Omega vs Okada (1 or 2)

If I had to choose 1 overall from the 5, probably Shawn vs Taker at 25 due to time frame, star power, and atmosphere. He said the target demographic
was a 30 y/o woman in a later on tweet.
Wife was about 27-28 when I tried to get her to watch wrestling so I guess she fits that demo.
She liked AEW and new NWA Stuff. She couldn’t concentrate and keep her focus on WWE though.

Watching the show now...

At least Sanity’s dope music is still being used by Nikki Cross. Not the best version of it, but still good to hear.

Back
Top Bottom