Dead Bodies On Mt. Everest

Im not sure how steep the mountain is but

could you roll the bodies down? Maybe just throw them off the cliff......

Originally Posted by Eranoitckik

Im not sure how steep the mountain is but

could you roll the bodies down? Maybe just throw them off the cliff......

Good luck

31118.jpg

Edit. And let's say you throw a frozen body off the mountain, you think it wont shatter?
laugh.gif

If you find this interesting I recommend reading 'Into Thin Air' by John Krakauer. It's about a 1996 expedition he was on that several people died. Really, really good read.

It'd be dope to be able to say "Yea, I climbed Mt. Everest." However, 1 in 4 are not odds I can uff with.

Originally Posted by Eranoitckik

That dude from 1924 has some really cheap looking gear

dude looks like he climbed up there with a t-shirt and some rope
laugh.gif
 you stupid.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

It'd be dope to be able to say "Yea, I climbed Mt. Everest." However, 1 in 4 are not odds I can uff with.

Since 1990 it has been "only" 4.4%.

K2 & Annapurna got 19.7% since 1990.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Since 1990 it has been "only" 4.4%.

K2 & Annapurna got 19.7% since 1990.
*reviews this information*

I can live with those odds for Everest. Operative term being "live."

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Mount haunted.

This ain't beautiful. Peoples efforts came short of their goals and ended up dieing. Then other people just leave their bodies as they climb by it. That $!*+ is beautiful to y'all? Sick

r.I.p though to everyone who died on that moantain.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

That's crazy though
It is nearly impossible for recovery of a body off the mountain.

That's why people just leave the bodies.

Ok really stupid question but why can't a devoted team try to attempt to retrieve the corpses? I know they're frozen solid as ice but can't corpses be thawed before they attempt the procedure? I know stupid question but I'm sure someones widow sibling or parent wouldve tried or asked to try.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Ok really stupid question but why can't a devoted team try to attempt to retrieve the corpses? I know they're frozen solid as ice but can't corpses be thawed before they attempt the procedure? I know stupid question but I'm sure someones widow sibling or parent wouldve tried or asked to try.

You can definitely retrieve corpses from the lower heights but at the "dead zone" it's pretty much every man for themself. You can't stay there too long and there's so little oxygen that everything feels like it weighs at least 4x more. That makes a 200 pound body feel like 800 pounds and that's not too easy to move. The sherpas could do it but even they think it's hard.

http://www.google.com/hos...X0q-kADwje2FP2YIWWZDaUBw

That is so insane, I never knew everest did it like that. I mean I knew it was a feat but dammmm

I don't know HOW Hillary and Norgay did it. Seriously they had NONE of the tech we have today.

In the pictures it looks like he just had one a sweater and a damn wind breaker
roll.gif

whoaaaaaaaaaa make the money feel 800 pounds.. whoaaa.... why cant they have helicopters go and scoop them or soem thing... i dont wanna sound dumb. but no one asked it.....

Back
Top Bottom