DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

WB shouldve given Nolan a blank check.

Snyder is the M.Night of action films. Hell were they thinking giving the DC keys to this 1 movie wonder? :smh:

BvS dropped to 38 percent

On a side note: Zootopia sitting at 99 percent on RT after 3 weeks :wow: :wow:

99 percent. Wow. Might just see that movie a 3rd time this weekend :lol:

Wasn't aware that people were so concerned about a damn critic's opinion like that. Letting them ruin your expectations n **** :lol: like word?

Man.. I've been waiting so long for this movie.. F what a critic says.
Some of you cats are so flaky and wishy washy. It's like you let other people's opinion formulate yours before you even see the movie :smh:

Last edited:
Those budget #s are misleading if you include overall for DC then compare it to other films without their marketing cost, $400m with $150m for marketing seems about the norm.

Age of Ultron probably cost the same if not more for their marketing in addition to $280m bidsget via BBFC. I would actually bet that marketing cost more for AoU as IM2s marketing already cost $150m (with $200m budget and only made $623m worldwide).

Just for comparison, ASM1s budget is $230m with an estimated marketing costing an extra $190m.

@TheInSneider 2m

You should've seen hundreds of critics filing out of theater in COMPLETE SILENCE. It was like being at a funeral. Everyone was just STUNNED.

all fanboy-ish aside this is really, REALLY disheartening if after all these years DC finally puts Batman AND Superman in a film together and it manages to bomb.

WB shouldve given Nolan a blank check.

Snyder is the M.Night of action films. Hell were they thinking giving the DC keys to this 1 movie wonder? :smh:

Snyder has had more than one good movie.. Hell, sucker punch was probably his only really bad movie and that had some entertaining parts

And if I were in change of WB I would give him a 150-200 mill budget to make a live action dark knight returns part 1 and 2 (make both parts at once kill bill style and release in two parts in consecutive years)

As I've said numerous times their are comicbook movies I'd love to see him make

I haven't seen the movie yet to judge, but I think WB should have gone more traditional with the whole universe instead of with someone so style heavy like Snyder

Last edited:
nolan didn't like powers. He would've made superman someone who can lift a lot in the gym and has a good vertical.

What did yall really expect from a Snyder film though? Still can't believe WB handed the keys to the DCEU to him lmao

Who would be a better replacement that can navigate this universe?

I imagine a team of the best directors/writers/creators would've been ideal. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any particular directors.
I've done this before :lol: Even if they wanted their own style and tone they should've handed the keys to a guy like Gareth Evans.

There's always the throw millions at Nolan go to :lol:

I know I was hearing George Miller's name like crazy for Superman.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, despite what the critics say, this movie is going to break multiple records this weekend and WB will make their $$$$$, which is the bottom line at rhe end of the day.
It'll make money for sure but WB has a # in mind for a success and then another # where if it's lower than that it's a flop or worse.

They gotta do more than break even on the budget cuz other stuff isn't always included like promotion.

There's no question that BvS will make lots of money this weekend. It's an incredibly front loaded film. Word of mouth and critics do affect the rest of a film's run, however.

With a 250 budget (I think), you betcha DC has a number it wants in mind and it's going to be in the billions. The question is will they reach it.

I don't think there's any chance this movie does FF bad in the box office. However, if it doesn't attain the number the studio wants it's still going to be considered a bomb, relatively speaking.

Billlions? Plural? I don't think that's their expectation, around a billion (~$1b), it'll probably make that. I think one thing BvS had on it's side if being a March release and no competition for a few weeks til Jungle Book.

I agree with rfx, the movie makes a bill and it's good.. The movie will open well.. It's whether it will have the legs to get it past that huge opening

If there is a huge drop from the 1st to the 2nd week, heads will start to roll.. If it can carry well into the 2nd and 3rd weeks, it should be good

Then you have people watching multiple times and word of mouth spreading.. Imaxs keeping it on with their inflated prices

El Mayimbe said that this film was catered to the DC fanboys based on what was in the film...

He said that it wasn't balanced for the general audience compared to how Marvel does a good job catering to both general and fanboys audiences...
But what Bat or Supes fanboys want them to be breaking that rule or crazy?

Which fanboys want that Luthor?

El Mayimbe said that this film was catered to the DC fanboys based on what was in the film...

He said that it wasn't balanced for the general audience compared to how Marvel does a good job catering to both general and fanboys audiences...
But what Bat or Supes fanboys want them to be breaking that rule or crazy?

Which fanboys want that Luthor?
was going to say the same thing but couldn't find a way to talk about it w/o using spoilers :lol:

this film definitely isn't for the diehards when they have character violating crucial parts of their moral codes

Justice League shoots next month too, I wonder if the studio will light a fire under Snyder too churn out a better movie. I don't really see them firing him or haltingproduction to recoup. WB doesn't really have anymore tentpole franchises, so a lot is riding on the DCEU. I wanna see this universe flourish bruh.

Last edited:
They banked too much on the success of this one movie..

They should have done individual origin films for superman, Wonder Woman, flash and Aquaman.. Shazam and Martian man hunter could possibly get their own films after the JL film.. Maybe even nightwing.. Could do a redhood film eventually

You do a film for batman, since his origin has been done so many times

Cyborg's origin could be told in the JL movie, like the animated movie

Every movie you drop nuggets of stuff going on with other guys and hint toward the larger JL movie coming

Justice League shoots next month too, I wonder if the studio will light a fire under Snyder too churn out a better movie. I don't really see them firing him or haltingproduction to recoup. WB doesn't really have anymore tentpole franchises, so a lot is riding on the DCEU. I wanna see this universe to flourish bruh.
anything other than delaying the film will just make it worse imo.

you can't really do rewrites of a film of that scale while shooting so unless they delay production they're ******.

Back
Top Bottom