DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Let's be honest, despite what the critics say, this movie is going to break multiple records this weekend and WB will make their $$$$$, which is the bottom line at rhe end of the day.

Let's be honest, despite what the critics say, this movie is going to break multiple records this weekend and WB will make their $$$$$, which is the bottom line at rhe end of the day.

It'll make a **** ton of money still, but its not breaking any records. Mediocre marketing campaign and now the ****** reviews letting it down.

Who would be a better replacement that can navigate this universe?

I imagine a team of the best directors/writers/creators would've been ideal. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any particular directors.

It would have to be a solid team, you cant put this all on one person. Making two Avengers movies almost broke Joss Whedon. I dont see him doing big blockbuster movies again anytime soon :lol:

Definitely need to start off with a good producer who can put together a good team for each project. like Kevin Feige for Marvel and Kathleen Kennedy for Star Wars

There's no question that BvS will make lots of money this weekend. It's an incredibly front loaded film. Word of mouth and critics do affect the rest of a film's run, however.

With a 250 budget (I think), you betcha DC has a number it wants in mind and it's going to be in the billions. The question is will they reach it.

I don't think there's any chance this movie does FF bad in the box office. However, if it doesn't attain the number the studio wants it's still going to be considered a bomb, relatively speaking.

This is the movie that they want to base their shared universe on. They've already started production on Justice League already.

Last edited:
There's no question that BvS will make lots of money this weekend. It's an incredibly front loaded film. Word of mouth and critics do affect the rest of a film's run, however.

With a 250 budget (I think), you betcha DC has a number it wants in mind and it's going to be in the billions. The question is will they reach it.

I don't think there's any chance this movie does FF bad in the box office. However, if it doesn't attain the number the studio wants it's still going to be considered a bomb, relatively speaking.

Billlions? Plural? I don't think that's their expectation, around a billion (~$1b), it'll probably make that. I think one thing BvS had on it's side if being a March release and no competition for a few weeks til Jungle Book.

It'll make a **** ton of money still, but its not breaking any records. Mediocre marketing campaign and now the ****** reviews letting it down.
Mediocre marketing campaign????? They held an event just for the TRAILER. DC/WB definitely did their thing marketing-wise for this film.

Last edited:
I think marketing has been straight. I seen these dudes Ben and Cavill in all these shows promoting. Good amount of poster and commercials.

Still weird that it's a march release. Not being a great film is going to hurt its 2nd and 3rd week where if it were a great film people would want to watch it multiple times. And not a one and done.

I think the whole Warner Bros giving directors more control thing is kind of a myth.

They gave Snyder complete control but outside of that everything else seems the same as Marvel

MacLaren left Wonder Woman over "creative differences"

Jeff Nichols didn't do Aquaman because

With the DC universe, so many parts of it had been activated and so many decisions had already been made that it felt more and more — and Warner Bros. agreed — that it was me trying to jump on a moving train. That’s not so much what I’m good at. I’m more of a ground up kinda guy.

And Snyder was just talking about how "strict" he's being with this universe so I assume that's part of the reason Lord & Miller looked for work elsewhere.

I'll give it to Marvel; they can make movies that families and critics can enjoy but the biggest thing DC has over Marvel (IMO) is their marketing. From Nolan's Batman trilogy to Man of Steel to Dawn of Justice, DC and WB are absolutely great at creating hype.

Last edited:
Idk about that. BvS was actually one of those films where the more things I saw, the less excited I got. I know I'm not alone in this either.

My expectation were actually pretty low until some NTers came out with promising reviews. Then I started having expectations again. Now obviously, in light of RT trashing it, my expectations are back to being low.

Last edited:
Idk about that. BvS was actually one of those films where the more things I saw, the less excited I got. I know I'm not alone in this either.

Yep. From the trailers with dadcore rock music to the weird Turkish airlines, none of the marketing material really hit with me.

The only cool marketing i can remember from DC is The Dark Knight viral stuff, which was amazing.

The trailers were MoS were really, really good too. But i feel like with the way they've handled BvS has kind of done the film a disservice.

And I honestly don't really remember Marvel doing anything cool marketing wise and lately they have basically been withholding stuff until the last minute.

All i know is Sony is the all time worst at Superhero film marketing :lol:

MoS trailers were GOD LEVEL and BvS is the exact opposite.

That freaking Doomsday reveal in trailer 2 :lol: :smh:. Notice how they pretty much remove any mention of him in all the newer trailers?

That Lex luthor scene with bats and supes is so cringeworthy and corny AF. WW coming out of nowhere to save Batman...eh

Felt the same... till i saw the clip of Batman whoopin goons.

You don't spend 400 million dollar (150 million of that on marketing) to make a film that caters to a niche hardcore fanbase.

Bull ****

According to Latino Review, when all is said and done the budget for Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice comes in at roughly $410 million. This would make it a considerably more expensive film to produce than the last entry to the DC Extended Universe — Man of Steel — which reportedly cost roughly $225 million to make. This astronomical budget places Batman V Superman in a position to become the most expensive film of all time — ousting the previous record holder: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Um. Holy ****

DC are run by gamblers

*edit

Oh sorry just noticed RVD mentioned the budget already

400 mil. Holy ****.

Last edited:
You don't spend 400 million dollar (150 million of that on marketing) to make a film that caters to a niche hardcore fanbase.

Bull ****

Obviously they didn't set out to do that. This was their big lead in to the DCEU. I mean it's freaking Batman vs Superman, it should have been one of the easiest sells of all time.

Again, Zack Snyder :lol:.

Is there anyway to take him off JL?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom