DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Y'know I was buying the cgi being intentionally bad for a bit until it was bad outside places where that would work like both Ezra's in a scene looking wonky sometimes.

Good start, both Batmans were Ill but it dragged a bit and was longer than it needed to be. I'm not a movie sleeper but this almost got me. Good for a DCEU film, I'm glad it was at the end of that run because that would have stretched it further and it wasn't good enough for... the world I guess. Cool Flash film, I didn't hate Ezra here and they actually called out how stupid the run looks even though I don't hate that anymore either. Kinda liking the idea he just glides through the speed force.

4.5/8 for now. Now FOH DCEU.

Diana bae, Faora bae, and Kara bae all in the same movie but no epic girl fight scenes. SMH. Cue the Batista "Give me what I want" gif.
1686963957597.gif

I’m going to post it again…

Plenty of people been saying for years that they need to just go ahead and make an animated movie with whatever the final script ended up being…Now is probably the best time to get it done…They could even bring Cage in for the voice work…

Saw it tonight.. definitely felt long at parts and didn't feel like the pacing was a bit off at times. It also had a pretty hard job of balancing what was essentially a flash origin story plus the multiverse in one go. Keaton was great, both Barry's were cool, even Affleck was solid. CGI sucked but the action was good. Had solid laughs too, It's probably a 72/100 for me off the rip.

I think the movie was a mess, but at the same time very entertaining. Thought Ezra Miller was good, Ben Affleck/Michael Keaton were fine and the story was decent enough. CGI as everyone has stated was trash. :lol:

Movie definitely felt long with stuff thrown in every now and then to jolt you up. Overall, I did like it especially knowing not to get my hopes for anything knowing this was the final nail in the coffin for the Snyderverse, Aquaman 2 aside.

can yall put in a spoiler for me what were all the cameos in the movie?

batfleck
alfred
galWW
aquabro
clooneybats
aquamans dad

cgi cameos:

george reeves supes
adams west bats
christopher reeves supes
slater supergirl
nic cage supes
jay garrick flash - dont know the actor
cavill supes
cyborg may have been there but i am not sure, wb might still be mad petty and didnt include him

and jaime lannister

Entertaining movie but felt more like a collage than anything else.

They leaned in way too much on original Barry’s awkwardness in the first act then he became pretty tolerable in the 2nd act because Barry #2 was so damn over the top with the bro-y idiot schtick. Him starting to turn and showing how his obsession with saving them was what led to Dark Flash was one of the highlights.

I really thought they had something legit with the spirit of the 3rd act but then it wrapped up so damn abruptly in order to litter the movie with fan service cameos that just fell flat.

Supergirl was a nice touch but Kara’s story needed to be fleshed out more and probably should have been introduced earlier. They also should have further explored Zod more and shown the ramifications of him winning and the end results of the World Engine terraforming parts of the earth + the amount of deaths it would have caused.

I give it a 5/8

Decent movie. Relied too heavily on humor (for my taste). But, a couple of takeaways :
-The beginning sequence felt like an episode of Justice League/Justice League Unlimited in the best way possible.
- really liked supergirl and how she contrasted with Cavil's superman
-keaton was good and it was nice to see him have some good fight scenes.
-Batflek got a proper send off (gonna miss him)
- cgi was....... eh. Good at times, terrible at others.
-Ezra was excellent at playing dual roles.
-Zod and Faora were completely wasted 😔
-Nice to see G_____ C______ get some love at the end of the movie.
-post credit scene was a complete waste of time.

Speaking of which, I wonder if people will start demanding that WB releases the original post-credit scene they cut.

the speedster scene is pretty good

for the extra terrible baby cgi

the best is still DoFP Quicksilver and not exactly a speedster scene but similar that id put at #2 is the Nightcrawler scene and put the Flash at a close third

The movie was a little corky, silly and but entertaining. The pacing was quick.
loved the batflek scene, WW, Keaton Batman scenes, and CR Superman scene😢.

Totally forgot about G….C…., I blocked that 💩out from my memory 😂

It’s also funny because they were promoting that 95% audience score. I’ve never seen a big movie like this have to use that to promote :lol:

Back
Top Bottom