DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Enjoyed Suicide Squad. Will watch it again this weekend since wifey passed out towards the middle of the film.

Me: “You good babe?”
Her: “Yea, I’m still watchin.”
Me: *looks over*
Her: *snoring*
Me:smh:

The scene with Harley vs the guards just made me realize that Batman is a beast.

it makes sense she can take on guards. She’s a super villain (small s.) we need Batman to stop her and her friends. Batman cake walks all guards and military personnel so should his foes to some extent.

did you know each year for like 8 years, the government sends its best operative into Gotham to take down Batman and have lost every time? I’m on mobile but someone post those pages.

Can't wait till folks who don't read comics or know who Tim Drake is get rustled.

Said the same thing. Had this old geezer white dude talk bout Robin being bi-sexual, but the funny thing bout it is he told me he’s not “interested” in comics or any of the movies. So I’m jus like “why does this bother you? Never picked up a comic book in your life?”

Jus thought that was funny after reading that.

Suicide Squad was a solid movie. Kinda reminded me of Deadpool with a GoTG twist. Gunn did a solid job.

also watched and this is my take. also i don't think a comparison to the first suicide squad makes sense, i think i saw some people here do that in prev pages. The tone of each film was too different, esp with way Ayer wanted to tell the story.

in any case, i enjoyed the film and i think it serves as another good example of studios giving the right people the creative freedom to tell great stories. that includes allowing an R rating.

Can't believe we live in a timeline where Marvel puts out the Black Widow film that everyone asked for, and its absolute mid... and DC puts out a Gunn-directed Suicide Squad sequel that nobody cared about or asked for and it's amazing.

Can't believe we live in a timeline where Marvel puts out the Black Widow film that everyone asked for, and its absolute mid... and DC puts out a Gunn-directed Suicide Squad sequel that nobody cared about or asked for and it's amazing.
2020 flipped the script on the book of life.

nah, and play second fiddle to margot? dont think she gon do that

plus i think she seems done doing sexy sh*t, we need someone who still has no shame and wear skimpy, practically naked costumes especially in DC where they might just make it R rated

for looks alone, i wouldnt mind Megan Fox but someone like Ana De Armas who got the acting chops too, i wouldnt mind Chastain or Eva Green are good choices but might be too old, Dormer or Daddario would work

Hell no to scarjo as poison ivy

but then again I want someone else for Harley

but need someone who has chemistry with Harley and can play the ‘straight guy’ and can clearly pull off why the character works so well on the Harley Quinn show.. she’s smart and not really a villain and she’s not part of that other group but get roped in those situations

among other reasons to being totally pissed at DC, they def fumbled the bag with having movies that include some iconic characters. I'll save that usual rant for another day.

...ana de armas as ivy? :nerd:

or...rebecca Ferguson

benedict Cumberbatch for Mr freeze

Back
Top Bottom