DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

they shoulda did (and still can) two Dark Knight Returns movies with Affleck and then make it a trilogy with Terry becoming Batman in the third one. Base it off the two DKR animated movies and Return of The Joker/first two Batman Beyond eps

easy money.

mane they been ***** footing with static shock forever. :lol: It checks off so many boxes for them, black, is their answer to Spider Man + a gay best friend who becomes a superhero on his own. It’s a hit waiting to happen
YES! DK returns is some of the greatest work DC has to offer

I really don’t know about better. Needing to have this movie be 4 hours already shows that they’re just throwing everything at it with no editing at all. A one hour and a half bad movie will always be better than a four hour bad movie. BVS is proof of that

wasn't BVS, the extended r rated cut, generally considered better than what was released in theaters? as i recall, it explained a bit more, than theater cut...

also, for me, I've sat thru all extended cuts of lord of the rings films lol so i can do this.

tarentino's Hateful 8 extended is 4 hrs too (cut in separate eps, haven't watched yet)

I did not enjoy that ZSJL trailer.

I'm wondering if all those extra millions they spent on the movie was just cgi. Like it looked like bad Mortal Kombat shiny cgi for no reason.

You cant slap gold on a ****** Steppenwolf and think its better.

Last edited:
wasn't BVS, the extended r rated cut, generally considered better than what was released in theaters? as i recall, it explained a bit more, than theater cut...

also, for me, I've sat thru all extended cuts of lord of the rings films lol so i can do this.

tarentino's Hateful 8 extended is 4 hrs too (cut in separate eps, haven't watched yet)
Considered better? I’ve heard nobody say that. It explained something that was already obvious. Of course Superman didn’t shoot anyone

Last edited:
Only thing that makes terry suck is that he’s just a regular kid. No training over the years, not super smart or anything like Bruce. Just a kid in a suit. Never sat well with me.

Last edited:
trailer looks crazy. looks like a video game or some ****.
That’s my issue with their CGI. Entire movies look like the last battle scene black panther.

It’s a minor thing if you have a strong story, but if not the whole project just feels cheap.

Probably envious of Donald Z Snyder and the cult like following he's been able to amass, as we can see it has it's benefits.

They might be envious from that aspect but from a film making point of view they probably do look down on him. If NT looks down on him, established film makers aren’t going to be envious. Once you become an expert at anything it’s only natural to take a somewhat snobbish point of view.

I watched the regular cut of this on HBO a while back. My expectations were really low going in and I still didn't like it. I think I can do without two more hours.

Avengers Endgame felt like closure for me when it comes to super hero films.

Disney is gonna have to buy DC. I give this 3 more years before it’s a wrap for the movie verse.

tbh...i can get behind this idea. WB driving the car with nowhere to go. Disney gave the right people control of marvel and let em do their thing, with A1 results.

but to reset everything now would be a failure as well. people would get fatigued. like when sony tried to reboot spiderman after toby. like no1 needed all of that. and marvel prolly realized that when they came with homecoming. no need to hit the audience with a 3rd uncle ben story.

tbh...i can get behind this idea. WB driving the car with nowhere to go. Disney gave the right people control of marvel and let em do their thing, with A1 results.

but to reset everything now would be a failure as well. people would get fatigued. like when sony tried to reboot spiderman after toby. like no1 needed all of that.
True in point but look at Spider-Man. Hell even National Geographic be getting more play than DC. Batman and Superman has so much potential, villains alone will keep a fan intrigued, keep Henry as Supes too. But they really need to go in another direction. I just hope in my lifetime I get a really good Justice League movie.

I don’t believe in the “fatigue” talk.
Good products are good products. Look at Wanda Vision. Completely unlike anything marvel has ever done, has absolutely zero action, and is great. The fatigue sets in if studios keep producing the same rehashed garbage. ASM is a prime example of that. Everything about that movie was reused garbage

I don’t believe in the “fatigue” talk.
Good products are good products. Look at Wanda Vision. Completely unlike anything marvel has ever done, has absolutely zero action, and is great. The fatigue sets in if studios keep producing the same rehashed garbage. ASM is a prime example of that. Everything about that movie was reused garbage

fatigue thing only comes up with people are trying rationalize an underwhelming underachieving product

they dont get that you cant just get by with a name anymore.. you actually gotta at least try to honor the source material and put out a good product

fox being a great example

Back
Top Bottom