DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

he did question her but he has no idea she was going to be that strong or super powered like Supes, for all he knows she's just a sexy immortal :lol:

I mean really, stop trying to poke holes in everything and instead think of why it is written as such

he saw Supes as a threat because he could level a whole city, he had no idea what WW could do just that she hasn't aged

again use some imagination and try and come up with a conclusion why instead of picking every single thing, it's like the brain stops thinking and try to figure stuff out when it comes to DC/Fox CBMs :lol:

but let me guess, you aren't going to understand this reasoning and still drone on about Bats should be worried about WW and not Supes...

The movies have been poorly written and planned.. the problem I have is having a brain and an imagination

Snyder fails when he leaves the shallow end.. all the religious/jesus allegories were my biggest problems with MOS and BVS

You can still end up at those desired locations, but you need to give it more thought/imagination/development

Hydra had spent years infiltrating Shield. To uncover what hydra did you got to be specifically looking for it. You won't happen across it with a passive hack

Tony discovered a new element of the periodic table under a day, I’m sure he would have spot something’s off about SHEILD.

Didn’t they find SHEILD doing shady things in Avengers as well?

Just remembered something; Batman actually was looking for Superman’s weakness before the events of BVS. Bruce was investigating into the “White Portuguese” already knowing it was boat to bring a “not a dirty bomb” to Gotham but kryptonite.

He did question WW, through a email (smh).

You see a woman who looks exactly the same 100 years later.. in a picture where everyone is dressed for war in the middle of a war, while she's in the WW getup with shield and sword while other dudes have guns

She steals from you

And just an email

You witness the other guy save the planet and you can't take couple seconds to try and actually find out about the other 99% while digging for the ultimate weapon against him

Tony discovered a new element of the periodic table under a day, I’m sure he would have spot something’s off about SHEILD.

Didn’t they find SHEILD doing shady things in Avengers as well?
Tony found out about what shield was recently up to. That's different.

Difference between hacking someone and finding his most recent file and hacking someone and digging deep to find out about some deep infiltration dating decades back

You give me a device that can de-encrypt anything and I can find out the former for you in ten minutes. But I won't be able to know about some deep takeover without actively looking for it

You see a woman who looks exactly the same 100 years later.. in a picture where everyone is dressed for war in the middle of a war, while she's in the WW getup with shield and sword while other dudes have guns

She steals from you

And just an email

You witness the other guy save the planet and you can't take couple seconds to try and actually find out about the other 99% while digging for the ultimate weapon against him

Agreed but that doesn’t kill the movie for me.

I get that, trust me, you guys will never, ever let anyone forget that the movie sucks and yall hate it.

I mean it's cool if you enjoyed it.. I enjoy a lot of stupid things.. I don't try and justify the stupidity in them

I enjoy the actions sequences of most if not all Snyder movies.. doesn't make those that are dumb less stupid

CW is my second favorite CBM and I regularly say they nerf'd tony.. And things were a little too convenient with zemo

Everything kills the movie for me at BvS

There are probably youtube shorts with a 1k budget that was shot with more thought than BvS

I'm sure there are others that feel the same

And now JL is paying the price for that monstrosity

I wouldn't pay Zach Snyder to shoot my cousin's 16th birthday party

Only reason why I even considered watching JL (which I haven't yet) is cuz I knew Joss was cleaning up after him

Last edited:
Tony found out about what shield was recently up to. That's different.

Difference between hacking someone and finding his most recent file and hacking someone and digging deep to find out about some deep infiltration dating decades back

You give me a device that can de-encrypt anything and I can find out the former for you in ten minutes. But I won't be able to know about some deep takeover without actively looking for it

True, but in between movies, the fact that this is Tony Stark, who knows his father help build SHEILD, would probably be curious about what a top secret organization might be doing. He has a AI, Jarvis who could have dug up “discrepancies” in those files.

My point was that anyone can nitpick a movie and find a flaw that doesn’t work for them.

I mean it's cool if you enjoyed it.. I enjoy a lot of stupid things.. I don't try and justify the stupidity in them

I enjoy the actions sequences of most if not all Snyder movies.. doesn't make those that are dumb less stupid

CW is my second favorite CBM and I regularly say they nerf'd tony.. And things were a little too convenient with zemo

LOL. The movie wasn’t stupid at all, just poorly executed for most audiences. Motivations were there but didn’t work for most.

She steals from you

And just an email

She stole the drive from him first. He used his detective skills to find her and she gave it back because she couldn't decript it. He then saw the photo along with the other meta-human material. Through their interactions he realized she wasn't a foe. Not that hard really.

yah but like i've said countless times you ain't got to remind us every single chance you get and you don't have to shut your brain down to bring DC down even further

I mean really, you just have to think about it and you can come up with a reason for most of your questions, it's really not that difficult

She stole the drive from him first. He used his detective skills to find her and she gave it back because she couldn't decript it. He then saw the photo along with the other meta-human material. Through their interactions he realized she wasn't a foe. Not that hard really.

You really believe that what you wrote is supposed to explain something I missed from the film?

He saw superman do good.. he saw her do bad

He had reasons to be suspicious of both, by his absurd standards.. but by his own standards he should put one of those guns with actual bullets in them to his head (not the rubber bullets that were used in the actual dark knight returns story)

In his own words:
" ...if we believe there's even a one percent chance that he is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty... and we have to destroy him.

Alfred: But he is not our enemy!"

Lol itsaboutthattime has a point. By batman's one percent standard he had just as much reason to see WW as a threat as Superman

Just another reason why BvS was a mess I guess

yah but like i've said countless times you ain't got to remind us every single chance you get and you don't have to shut your brain down to bring DC down even further

I mean really, you just have to think about it and you can come up with a reason for most of your questions, it's really not that difficult

You're right..

Unfortunately, look at the conversation we're having.. I have zero problem with someone liking the film, that's a matter of individual taste

I like(d) watchmen.. to give an example of a Snyder film

But we are having an argument specifically about the stupidity of the writing.. those are the things I address.. I'm sure someone out there in the world believes Burger King makes the best burgers on the planet, me and that person would disagree on that point but that's their prerogative

However I can still discuss the flaws in process, which I believe these things to be

Lex Luthor scene was weak. I didn't get the "classic Lex" feel at all.

Eisenberg is naturally an awkward nerdy type of dude. Nothing wrong with that but the previous version of Lex was more catered to the actor's natural qualities.

I heavily identified with Lex in American Alien. Honestly I would have said **** the "classic" image and continued with startup lex. The issue to me wasn't the look - it was the motivation and the writing

But we are having an argument specifically about the stupidity of the writing

its really not though, you choose to ignore logic to make it sound stupid

I mean look at what you're saying here

she did bad and now has a 1% chance to destroy the world by stealing so he should kill her even though she returned it and he has no idea of her abilities? (for all he knows she is easily killable)

Supes was blamed for leveling metropolis (hell NT believe its Supes fault, why wont Bats?) and he should not fight him at all

I swear yall go the extra distance to pick it apart and all reason goes out the window

You really believe that what you wrote is supposed to explain something I missed from the film?

He saw superman do good.. he saw her do bad

He had reasons to be suspicious of both, by his absurd standards.. but by his own standards he should put one of those guns with actual bullets in them to his head (not the rubber bullets that were used in the actual dark knight returns story)

In his own words:
" ...if we believe there's even a one percent chance that he is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty... and we have to destroy him.

Alfred: But he is not our enemy!"

He would have no reason to be suspicious of her until the middle of the movie which is all based off of one photo she was trying to recover. Witnessing the death of hundreds, the deaths in the desert (cleaned up in BVS UE), Supes threatening him, the warning from futue Flash, and the Capital bombing drove him to want to take down Supes.

The 99% quote is based off how powerful he ACTUALLY KNOWS Superman is. He is that much of a threat so he needs to at least be ready. Bruce was unhinged at that point so he was going for the kill.

I mean seriously if you can't see the difference in the level of threat of what Supes did in MoS versus WW stealing a usb drive and then returning it as a sign of truce (and Bats probably wanting to bang) then I am not sure what else to tell you :rofl:

Not to mention Bats was already obsessed in taking down Supes, practically as unreasonable as NTers here :lol:

You talk about the deaths of hundreds, deaths in that knightmare sequence, flash's warning, and the capitol bombing

Those are circumstantial stuff, and apparently not very important at all cuz Bats throws it all away the moment he learns about Supes's moms' name

You want to lend weight to the aforementioned stuff, then learning about Supes's mom's name shouldn't change anything

He would have no reason to be suspicious of her until the middle of the movie which is all based off of one photo she was trying to recover. Witnessing the death of hundreds, the deaths in the desert (cleaned up in BVS UE), Supes threatening him, the warning from futue Flash, and the Capital bombing drove him to want to take down Supes.

The 99% quote is based off how powerful he ACTUALLY KNOWS Superman is. He is that much of a threat so he needs to at least be ready. Bruce was unhinged at that point so he was going for the kill.

You're not suspicious of someone who steals from you?

Or hell someone who steals from anyone?

And you wouldn't at least be curious as to what her skin care regiment was that kept her looking exactly the same after 100 years?

I don't actually care for an answer.. but batman has had female enemies along the way.. if just a 1% chance

You talk about the deaths of hundreds, deaths in that knightmare sequence, flash's warning, and the capitol bombing

Those are circumstantial stuff, and apparently not very important at all cuz Bats throws it all away the moment he learns about Supes's moms' name

You want to lend weight to the aforementioned stuff, then learning about Supes's mom's name shouldn't change anything

Lois Lane, the key, was there too to stop the fight.

You're not suspicious of someone who steals from you?

Or hell someone who steals from anyone?

And you wouldn't at least be curious as to what her skin care regiment was that kept her looking exactly the same after 100 years?

I don't actually care for an answer.. but batman has had female enemies along the way.. if just a 1% chance

is that the same level as what Supes did in MoS?

you're taking the 1% too literally

someone like Supes who can do what he does, a 1% chance he is evil then you got to take him down

some who you think it a petty thief has a 1% chance of stealing again and you keep ignoring that she returned it and he realized that she may not be so bad

then he found out that she was old and had great botox but you want him to put all his Supes planning and paranoia aside to take on the oldest thief in the world?

again, think about it

Back
Top Bottom