"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

I really want to see some new blood injected into the upcoming films. I'm tired of this entire cast. They've been around for 14 years. Their time has long been up. Don't get me wrong Halle Berry and Famke Janssen are still nice to look at but I'm done with them. I never want to see Gandalf play Magneto again. I always thought that was a terrible casting choice. Give me some new actors that can breathe new life into this franchise and make me forget about the past (no pun intended). They have the ability to really make some good things happen here. Please Fox, get it right.

that was LITERALLY the entire point of First Class...

I thought the same thing but obviously not. I like the first class cast, don't get me wrong. I mean the OG's. They ALL need to go, including Jackman.

I was gonna re-watch ASM2 then movie hop to DoFP today for $5, but i realized I don't even wanna watch this movie again... it was pretty bad.

I enjoyed the time watching this movie but after letting it sink in, I'm good on seeing this movie again. Why am I watching an X-Men movie and the only people getting shine are Wolverine (no surprise), Mystique, and Magneto. They really should just start fresh and have the next X-Men movie have Cyclops as a main character.

I thought the same thing but obviously not. I like the first class cast, don't get me wrong. I mean the OG's. They ALL need to go, including Jackman.

Jackman is the perfect Wolverine...just like Robert Downey Jr. is the perfect Iron Man.

These were actors with personalities, timing and phsyiques built for these specific roles

I was checking some notes on my tumblr post, and someone made a great point. If they would have just left Magneto in the Pentagon and taken QS with them to apprehend Mystique, the movie would have been done in an hour. lol
excellent point

Well we're just going to have to agree to disagree. He has been the high point of the original cast but their time is up as a unit. If you effectively reboot your storyline and keep the same cast, what's the point?

Jackman is the perfect Wolverine...just like Robert Downey Jr. is the perfect Iron Man.

These were actors with personalities, timing and phsyiques built for these specific roles
Jackman looks nothing like comic book wolverine and IMO the wolverine persona in the movies is completely different as well :lol:

With that said "movie wolverine" is pretty much it's own character and can't be changed. Jackman is too big of a star to let go.

I enjoyed the time watching this movie but after letting it sink in, I'm good on seeing this movie again. Why am I watching an X-Men movie and the only people getting shine are Wolverine (no surprise), Mystique, and Magneto. They really should just start fresh and have the next X-Men movie have Cyclops as a main character.

Pretty much everyone has referred to this film as a Charles origin film tho, and Wolverine took a large step back in terms of carrying the movie. Hell, he's probably on the same level as Beast in this movie + you have the Quicksilver scene, and then the future fight which had multiple X-Men being used and nothing to do with Logan.

It would be interesting to see a 5'3, hairy, very brolic Wolverine in a movie. He'd look like a buff hobbit.

I was checking some notes on my tumblr post, and someone made a great point. If they would have just left Magneto in the Pentagon and taken QS with them to apprehend Mystique, the movie would have been done in an hour. lol
That's future Magneto plotting :pimp: He knew he was in jail then and knew this was his chance to be free earlier. He literally just caused trouble once he got out and eventually just dipped on Xavier AGAIN. I expect to see some of that stuff mentioned along with them ditching QS in the honest trailer editions.

I really want to see some new blood injected into the upcoming films. I'm tired of this entire cast. They've been around for 14 years. Their time has long been up. Don't get me wrong Halle Berry and Famke Janssen are still nice to look at but I'm done with them. I never want to see Gandalf play Magneto again. I always thought that was a terrible casting choice. Give me some new actors that can breathe new life into this franchise and make me forget about the past (no pun intended). They have the ability to really make some good things happen here. Please Fox, get it right.

Yeah but in this they killed all of the new characters they introduced except for Havok who had a minor role in this. Everybody else we saw in the OG, they're just recast.

Last edited:
In this next one, I hope Wolverine keeps having 'future flashbacks' of how it went down, but since its during his 'amnesia' period no one knows what they mean, Prof X has to help him, he sees the future and uses it to help them defeat Apolcolypse.

Side note, Prof X ages like ish. They meet Jean they're d, that's like ten years later, what is Prof X 35 at that point...Mcavoy looses his hair and gets old man fat lol

We really have to just say 'f it, it was a good movie.' 'So I have to turn off my common sense in order to enjoi these movies?' Short answer, yes. Trust, it'll make everything easier.

Pretty much everyone has referred to this film as a Charles origin film tho, and Wolverine took a large step back in terms of carrying the movie. Hell, he's probably on the same level as Beast in this movie + you have the Quicksilver scene, and then the future fight which had multiple X-Men being used and nothing to do with Logan.

I guess that's pretty accurate. I stayed away from this thread until I saw the movie because I know spoiler are always rampant in these threads. I liked Quicksilver's part but the future X-men "fight" wasn't that impressive other than Blink and Iceman doing his slide. All I'm asking for is to see an actual X-Men team working together like at the end of Avengers, not split up all the time fighting by "themselves".

finally watched first class last night. hopefully i can catch DOFP this week. :smokin

movie was great. really engaged all movie, and had fun throughout. and i saw it in 2D which was all the movie needed.

:lol:

excellent point

I was wondering why they didnt use QS aside from breaking Magneto out. The whole movie would have been done sooner lol

i dont know what im missing that everyone else loves about this movie. i enjoyed quicksilver alot, but besides that i feel like some of the action scenes where basuda. The whole beginning of the movie with the "future fight" that **** was mad corny. it looked like it was shot on the same set as smallville, for being a multimillion dollar movie i wanted more bang for my buck. What i got was a mediocre movie. giving it a 9/10 is a lie, a 6/10 would be more fitting. I wish i could have got that feeling that everyone else is so enthusiastic about. but maybe im just used to movie scripts with more story and sustenance

excellent point
I was wondering why they didnt use QS aside from breaking Magneto out. The whole movie would have been done sooner lol
he was told by future magneto that he would need him too, thus the plan to break him out.. but here is the issue with time travel movies

Do you buy Apocalypse being set in the 80's with the First Class cast?

So no need to worry about old Jean, Scott, Storm as they can be recast to join Fass, McAvoy, and JLaw, and we already accept Jackman never ages and can blend in with them.

In theory, that works, right?

That's not the problem. That's fine. They could do better than Marsden, Famke and Halle in their sleep. I'm talking about how they decide to **** over all 7 X-men movies in one go with this one. It was so callous, you kinda just grin through it all like...alright...make it worth it at the end?

Here's what I think they thought they were doing: we got 3 great actors to lead this new franchise, but the movies would have to be set in the 70s and 80s, and we'd be shackled by the old continuity. No matter what we did, the films would have to end with the beginning of 2000's X-Men. And that'd mean we'd have to leave Hugh Jackman on the bench, and that's just ignorant.

That's fair. You keep it simple. Use time travel. Pull Jackman into the 70s storyline. Make your X-Men: 2nd Class with changes to the timeline and be done with all the old movies...But they got greedy. If you're rebooting, that means you let all the other non-First Class movies mean to your new 70s/80s X-Men, what the Raimi Spider-man mean to the Amazing Spider-man. You don't lean on the old movies to make your new ones matter more. You just stand on your own.

But we didn't get an X-Men: 2nd Class. What was the point in the 2nd half of First Class? They slaughtered 3/4 of that cast off-screen between movies. Emma Frost...Azazel...tornado dude...Banshee, Zoe Kravitz. They threw away Magneto's Brotherhood vs. Xavier's X-Men. Hoped you didn't remember Beast's arc or Xavier's arc or Raven's arc for this movie. You're following gov't people, and you can't rope in Rose Byrne again (even with the memory wipe)? They erased First Class just as much as they did X3.

And then there's the problem where...I get it...time travel...reboot...okay. But everything is already different and wrong before the time travel even happens. Trask and the Sentinels? Beast created the cure? Magneto's in a plastic prison for killing JFK? And that's all before Hugh Jackman shows up to be the walking reminder of how ****** any continuity is. You have to accept all these funky things just to start to enjoy the story.

This movie is begging that you to forget as much as you can about X1, X2, X3, XMO:W and The Wolverine, but but please have a vague enough memory that you'll recognize the little references and flashbacks and relationships, or else the movie won't make emotional sense to you. It's like they made a movie for people who only ever watched the trailers for all the other movies.

But you know what, take a step back a second...forget all the continuity stuff. Hell forget anything outside of just the past scenes in only this movie. What is this movie? Work it backwards. The ending of this movie is the same one as X2, but in a stupider way. In X2, the mutant threat gets obvious, so the president is ready to go on TV and warn America and kick this war off. Xavier freezes everything and negotiates peace. And that was awesome...

In DoFP, a mutant drops a baseball stadium on the White House, because a time traveler told him, if this one guy visiting the capital gets killed by a mutant, it'll kick off the Sentinels. :stoneface: I get it that it's a new timeline and new things can happen, but that is so stupid. Everyone on the planet coulda watched that and been shook for life. Who cares if you save the president, that's worse than Bay of Pigs or an alien invasion. It's on and crackin. Make a million Sentinels tomorrow.

And how ******* strong is Magneto now?? I mean, Superman couldn't do that. If you're that powerful how could you not stop a single bullet hitting JFK? How could they possibly arrest you or even try to keep you in that plastic prison? You'd be able to pull metal from miles away. Drop every building within 5 blocks. That was one of the mistakes they made in X3. Him lifting the Golden Gate bridge made him so powerful that, what's the point of other mutants?

Oh and now, he can't just manipulate metal, but he can turn train tracks into circuitry and do advanced rewiring and hacking, sight unseen on the Sentinels? Okay. So he's a Transformer now? :lol: And if you can do that, then all you gotta do to end the Sentinel program is have them turn on the people at the White House exhibition, and have the mutants save the president. ....or have Magneto rip the White House bunker out of the ground by himself. :lol:

I said this exact same thing, the second the movie was over. That Quicksilver scene was really good. :smile: So of course they said, deuces after the prison scene, cuz he's too damn powerful for the rest of their mission. :lol: And don't say you couldn't trust him, that's Magneto right there.

They did the same **** to Prof. X. They needed to find and stop Mystique, but Xavier's powers are too good and strong. He could find her anywhere on the planet and freeze her in 20 minutes. So they made him ~ a heroin addict? :lol: And both sides of that serum are ridiculous. So they cured paralysis...and they cured mutant powers 30 years before X3 without that creepy little bald kid? And this is before time-travel Wolverine gets there? :nerd: What happened to mutant and proud, Beast? Never forget. :lol:

And I liked Mystique a lot more than I liked her in FC. They just didn't spend enough time explaining how we jumped from where she was at the end of FC and this new, never stopping super assassin spy. I mean, she saved all those other mutants...for what? To let em out in the world to get caught again? It feels like we missed 2 movies of character development and then they cut most of her scenes for this movie.

And I liked that they didn't have Wolverine be the guy again. They let him get the ball rolling and then just help a little when he could. Except when they didn't. Bone claw Wolverine is the worst Wolverine. And we know he's gonna get the metal, so why have Mystique take him at the end? She doesn't even know who he is or what his story's about. She never said 2 words to him. That makes no sense.

And what was the point of that emotional ending? I really liked seeing Famke, Marsden and Stewart again. And that would've been a beautiful ending to the DoFP where they went back between X2 and X3, erased The Last Stand, and then the next X-Men movie continued with the og cast. But they didn't and it's not. And we got absolutely nothing of that cast all film. Just randomly seeing Xavier alive and Magneto at full strength and Kitty still looking 16 in the future, but that's fine.

Only why are we supposed to assume, if they're changing the timeline this much, everything's somehow gonna end with everyone alive and happy together one day in the future? That's the Lost finale ending all over again. :smh: :lol: And we're never gonna see any of those actors again. If the whole point was giving the OG trilogy a happy ending, we got absolutely no character development, storyline or anything worth anything that had to do with those people, except watching a couple of em die a few times in the future.

And Wolverine is the walking continuity problem. Everything in all 5 of the movies I was in don't exist anymore...But it happened for me, but not really cuz things are changed...but I remember it all, except I'm not especially in the movie, but at least I'll have a happy ending...except no one will know, because I'm the only one who remembers. And the whole point in me going back in time was to stop Trask from getting killed, not to save Jean. And shouldn't I have gone back to 2023, not 2004? And haven't they kinda started the same old problem all over again? Now we see how it should more or less end, so unless there's more time travel, that's where we're headed.

:lol: So yeah...Iono what to do with this whole franchise. They coulda cut the fat, got rid of everything they didn't wanna keep moving forward with, but instead they tattooed the ****ups all over the movie, ignored them while they spun their wheels with a story that didn't make sense, and then at the last minute said...all of it matters, just not to us anymore. Have a nice day.

X3 didn't ruin X2 for me. It was disappointing as ****, but it didn't ruin it. This is the one that finally did. I needed them to do 1 of 2 things. Erase X3 or just separate these new movies from the OG trilogy. They picked neither, so now X2 minus whale end with "it was all a dream."

And I know why they did it. Because The Wolverine came out last year. And that movie is basically X4. And they're gonna wanna put all the X-Men movies in a boxset together one day. Can't do that if you say all of these don't matter anymore. And man, I do not blame Matthew Vaughan for leaving, cuz I guarantee you, he just wanted to make X-Men: 2nd Class and then they dropped all this nonsense on him.

You know how this movie should've went? Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Wolverine. Kill one.

Preferably Mystique. That's it, it's that simple. All 4 have been major parts of most of the movies. You kill one of them, that's something that resonates to anyone who's been watching for 15 yrs or just 3. That's something that changes the future. Forget this Trask bs. And you can bring them back to life in the next movie for all I care. But that's what they had to do and they didn't, because...those are big stars? Because they want a Mystique spinoff movie? And that's not even Mystique's power that the Sentinels have...but you know who's it kinda was? Sebastian Shaw. Have the movie be about finding his dead body and destroying it. Something.

Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad. It's not even a bad movie. I mean, I liked Ian McKellen as Magneto, doing his white Morgan Freeman...but Fassbender ******* owns the role. The best actor in any X-movie. And even though they did mental gymnastics to twist Xavier's character, that whole process he goes through in the movie...James McAvoy put in work. And Beast-hulk really worked for me in a way he didn't in the first movie.

Plus...this was a surprisingly violent movie (what Magneto did to Wolverine :wow:), without being too dark and super serious. It's a nice change of pace from the MCU ones. And it was such a well edited, well acted, smooth ride, even if the dumb ran strong through it. People keep talking about QS (and that was fun, don't get me wrong), but Blink had the best action scenes since Nightcrawler imo. The future Sentinels and battles were awesome. There were little moments all over that were good.

It's just...that's it? That's the way these movies work? Every new one hears about the criticisms of the old one then goes on an apology tour? Every new X-Men movie except X2, is either trash or good enough that we say...okay...but the next one is gonna be amazing.

And just seeing the future scenes...they set that up in like 5 minutes, and it was so good and cool and immediate. that made me realize, more than any of the MCU or DC or Spider-man...the X-Men universe is the most potent out of all of them. There's so much more you can do with a world full of people with powers who aren't superheroes.

It's so ridiculous that time after time, Fox doesn't know how to find good ways to let go of things that don't work or how to respect the things that do in a way that makes sense. This franchise, man. :smh: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom