"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

The X-Men cartoon theme playing before the reveal of the sentinels at the white house was great :lol: :pimp:

Nice that the vid has that asterisk mention that Apocalypse isn't really the 1st mutant.

Last edited:
Warpath, and Storm served no purpose.

I was more disappointed that he was the size of an average man. Also...besides using Shadowcat for star power purposes how come people can't accept her having time travel abilities as a new power in her evolution? Maybe...:lol:

I was more disappointed that he was the size of an average man. Also...besides using Shadowcat for star power purposes how come people can't accept her having time travel abilities as a new power in her evolution? Maybe...:lol:

...why not just put Forge in the movie have him build a time machine?
Cuz then you'd ask yourself why can't everybody just go back in time and really rewrite history.

Time travel is a huge plot device that can destroy your story if you don't put limitations on it.

Plus that's simply not how it happened in the DoFP comic. So they compromised and gave Kitty a wild super upgrade instead of going really left from the story. I mean they could've introduced Legion and had him do the time traveling.

Last edited:
The series Wolverine and the X-Men has a similar storyline, where Professor X is in a coma for 20 years, and awakens to find that the mutants are imprisoned by the Sentinels. He telepathically connects with the X-Men of the past to try to prevent that future from happening. By the end of the first season, the Sentinel-dominated future was averted. However, a future based on the Age of Apocalypse appeared in its place.

Yeah there's stories I believe that due to Wolverine traveling back in time or somebody else, and that wakes up Apocalypse or something like that.

Cuz then you'd ask yourself why can't everybody just go back in time and really rewrite history.

Time travel is a huge plot device that can destroy your story if you don't put limitations on it.

Plus that's simply not how it happened in the DoFP comic. So they compromised and gave Kitty a wild super upgrade instead going really left front he story. I mean they could've introduced Legion and had him do the time traveling.

Have forge build a time machine, sentinels attack killing everyone while wolverine barely manages to get into the time machine then the rest of the movie occurs.

You're right. I have to stop overthinking stuff

Last edited:
It's actually Cable going back in time that woke Apocalypse up from his hibernation.

Plus that's simply not how it happened in the DoFP comic. So they compromised and gave Kitty a wild super upgrade instead going really left front he story. I mean they could've introduced Legion and had him do the time traveling.

Have forge build a time machine, sentinels attack killing everyone while wolverine barely manages to get into the time machine then the rest of the movie occurs.

Why do you guys insist on changing the plot? Doing that changes so much in the film. Charles won't be able to talk to himself, which was a great scene btw, the second future fight between the XMen and Sentinels wouldn't occur (thus cutting the action and tension of the last act of the film), Wolverine won't have a body to return to in the future and there will be two Wolverine in the 70's timeline (since he won't be able to return to the future). I'm sure there are more if I nitpick but those are major scenes and plots that cannot/should not be changed in the film.

Last edited:
Is anyone else a little bothered by the fact that Colossus isn't Russian? (at least he doesn't sound Russian)

He was Russian, his movie name was Peter Rasputin. Plus they had this in one of their viral website 25moments.com.
nly3q0.jpg

Last edited:
Like once I think. And there was a commercial he spoke in and didn't sound Russian. Maybe I'm imagining things. I'm running on very little sleep

movie was tight,

worth a movie ticket.

If your on the fence...go see it, righted alot (NOT ALL) of wrongs with X1-3 IMO

It's actually Cable going back in time that woke Apocalypse up from his hibernation.
Well that's in regular continuity. I think the cartoon did that version but it depends really.

Apocalypse went in to a hibernation until the age of mutants arrived (more mutants on Earth than when he was alive) which is after the X-Men team got bigger (All New, All Different) so this is when Claremont and Lee did the X-Men in like the 80s.

In what leads to AOA, Legion goes back in time to kill Magneto (with Bishop following him) but accidentally kills Xavier instead which erases him from the timeline. He has a big fight with Magneto in like Israel or some place and it's enough to wake up Apocalypse.
Kitsch was also in Savages and most importantly Lone Survivor.

As for why no Sentinals, I believe it's due to the program being on ice. It's easy enough to understand the research and development and cost for the program would be considerate. They simply may not have been ready til the future.
I totally forget that's him in that.

Might just be me but at times he looks and reminds me of the guy from One Tree Hill. So I'm just thinking Lucas is in movies.
Is anyone else a little bothered by the fact that Colossus isn't Russian? (at least he doesn't sound Russian)

He was Russian, his movie name was Peter Rasputin. Plus they had this in one of their viral website 25moments.com.
nly3q0.jpg
Damn, son aint suppose to develop powers as an infant :lol: You know how many vaccines he probably missed out on?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom