"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

I think Rebecca was too old for First Class and she did return for a cameo.

I just remember someone on NT saying JLaw looked like she smelled bad all the time and I just keep remembering it every time JLaw is brought up. :lol:

That's GOT to be NobleKane. :lol:

I think Rebecca was too old for First Class and she did return for a cameo.

I just remember someone on NT saying JLaw looked like she smelled bad all the time and I just keep remembering it every time JLaw is brought up. :lol:
She was too old but hey the whole Mystique story line in FC was pure ****.

Anyway they could've reasoned her being older by simply saying she shape shifted to look older for w/e insecure reason the whole movie like the cameo implied in that one scene.

I agree that her story in FC sucked, really wasn't necessary and her joining Erik didn't make much sense to me. Despite that, movie was still good to me though overall.

But they also wanted to capitalize on her popularity so yeah we'll be stuck with her as Mystique for a long while. I don't see her quitting anytime soon either because she was happy they cut her make-up time from 8 hours to 2-3 hours for this film so we might just see that solo Mystique film nobody wanted after all.

Last edited:
Yeah that's why I said they should've cast her as somebody else. **** up Rachel Grey's timeline or Polaris or Psylocke.

But now we're stuck. Anybody know how many movies on her contract?

Last edited:
I agree that her story in FC sucked, really wasn't necessary and her joining Erik didn't make much sense to me. Despite that, movie was still good to me though overall.

But they also wanted to capitalize on her popularity so yeah we'll be stuck with her as Mystique for a long while. I don't see her quitting anytime soon either because she was happy they cut her make-up time from 8 hours to 2-3 hours for this film so we might just see that solo Mystique film nobody wanted after all.
A solo Mystique film?? Doubt the character could hold it's own for a solo movie. Would love to see a Ms. Marvel movie though, if they could somehow get pass the different studio mess. Some justice could finally be done for Rogue.

IMO, a Magneto standalone film w/ Mystique would be awesome. All the scenes with Fassbender in the beginning of First Class were great. Plus, Fox was already considering a Magneto film after X3 anyways (I believe it was planned before the Wolverine Origins film but was scrapped).

I have no idea what story would be, but Fassbender and Lawrence being a mutant couple traveling the world would be cool, cinematically. It could be like a 60's/70's spy film.

It's my understanding that First Class is the Magneto solo film. They decided to incorporate the X-Men because they were unsure how a villain-centric movie would be received along with other factors.

A solo Mystique film?? Doubt the character could hold it's own for a solo movie. Would love to see a Ms. Marvel movie though, if they could somehow get pass the different studio mess. Some justice could finally be done for Rogue.
Marvel has talked about a Captain/Ms. Marvel movie and when they do it there will be no Rogue involvement. So I'm guessing that story line will never see film. If they do do it it'll be done with some inhuman that can steal your powers and memories.

It's my understanding that First Class is the Magneto solo film. They decided to incorporate the X-Men because they were unsure how a villain-centric movie would be received along with other factors.
I don't see how that would work. From what I remember about the Magneto solo film talk it was gonna be X-Men Origins: Magneto and it would've starred Ian McKellen not Fassbender (this before First Class was even concieved most likely) and they would've shown a young Magneto by deaging Ian with cgi or w/e, the same stuff they used in Benjamin button and sorta like in Captain America.

If FC is suppose to be the Magneto film that's just as dumb as MOS 2 really just being a JL movie :lol:

I don't see how that would work. From what I remember about the Magneto solo film talk it was gonna be X-Men Origins: Magneto and it would've starred Ian McKellen not Fassbender (this before First Class was even concieved most likely) and they would've shown a young Magneto by deaging Ian with cgi or w/e, the same stuff they used in Benjamin button and sorta like in Captain America.

If FC is suppose to be the Magneto film that's just as dumb as MOS 2 really just being a JL movie :lol:

The original plan was to use tech to make Ian look younger (first scene of X3 and XM:WO) but that got scrapped along with the plan to do a strictly solo Magneto origin.

Half of XM:FC's story is a Magneto origin. They just incorporated the X-Men in order to not make it a movie that focused soley on a villain. What other orgin needs to be told for Magneto?

After that POS that was wolverine origins, do you really think they could go along with the origins thing..

But what Vaughn did with magneto, giving him a sort of bond feel.. You could see the potential for a solo movie if done right.. But wolverine has obvious potential for solo films if done right

Fox might as well max out the gem they have in fassbender.. But please.. Please.. PLEASE hire a quality director

The original plan was to use tech to make Ian look younger (first scene of X3 and XM:WO) but that got scrapped along with the plan to do a strictly solo Magneto origin.

Half of XM:FC's story is a Magneto origin. They just incorporated the X-Men in order to not make it a movie that focused soley on a villain. What other orgin needs to be told for Magneto?
IMO, just cuz a movie has a person's origin doesn't mean it's really a solo for character x with more ppl added in. At best I think you want to say they took some of the ideas from that scrapped solo Magneto flick and implemented it in to this.

If they wanted to do a solo Magneto movie they could've done one. Magneto isn't just a villain. He can be an anti-hero and even a hero. It's all about the tone and what light you place him in. Showing Magneto hunting Nazis and then transitioning to him protecting mutants isn't really a movie about a villain. It's just a badass protecting the innocent by any means necessary.

So I don't really think First Class was suppose to be a Magneto solo flick.
:smh: My man Gambit still gets no love, only way i would've watched this movie.
They been talking Gambit solo movie with Tatum starring for you Gambit fans to possibly be interested in. So you have that. He may be in AoA too.

Last edited:
:rofl:

tumblr_n1d95k1LVC1qmdchdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3u4ckVRhW1qa64bjo6_1280.jpg

Last edited:
I need a gambit movie BAD
I'm glad to see so many Gambit fans upset. Remy was swag before the word got overused. And he had like 8 total mins in that Wolvy movie. So sad. Hopefully he gets his proper character treatment and respect. But he's been catching the raw deal while people like Toad and Pyro get screen time throughout previous X-Men films. :frown:

Gambit was the Casanova of the xmen universe, probably all of marvel, dude had Rogue on constant drip.

People love gambit so much. He's alright. Would much rather see my man longshot in a legit Xmen film

Did the gambit lovefest start with the Xmen animated series or what? I don't really recall him being a factor in the comics.

Did the gambit lovefest start with the Xmen animated series or what? I don't really recall him being a factor in the comics.
I think so. He was my second favorite on the show behind Wolverine. Always thought he looked cool. Plus, dudes powers, especially at full power(omega I guess) are crazy!!

For me I loved how Jim Lee drew him in particular. Although Jim is a great artist period. Plus I have many family members from the South, so he was a natural favorite of mine. And he was one of the few people Logan could tolerate. As far as other peoples opinions I don't know. And he was sick in the marvel series...

Yup. :lol: He was that dude...like a Green Power Ranger mixed with The Crow and Sting from WCW.

My dude had a staff, a trench coat, black eyes with bright red pupils, talked like he kicked *** for fun, threw exploding cards like a ninja and had the baddest chick throwin it at him. :lol: :smokin

I just have no clue who could play him in a movie. Sawyer from Lost 10 yrs ago would've been perfect. Iono...Tatum could actually be straight if he gets the voice down and they do the eyes. Tim Olyphant would be my pick, though. And there's no point in having Gambit, if you don't get Rogue in there too...and the real Rogue, not that X1 Kitty Pryde with Rogue's powers nonsense.

Last edited:
Plus dudes don't know about when he went New Son and was super beefy Omega status. Good looking out blacklion23 blacklion23 Remy was killing alternate versions of himself cause he got so damn strong. But they depowered him after he fought himself.

Back
Top Bottom