"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

imagine if whedon was able to do xmen days of future past for marvel :smh:
this gonna be underwhelming

^
It's not even about suspending disbelief, just stuff in the plot have to match up. Hopefully most of the stuff does.

Last edited:
It's weird, future Wolverine has metal claws but past Wolverine has bone claws?

I thought the present (which is the future) Wolverine has bone claws (after the last Wolverine film) and then he goes back in time so he should still have the bone claws and then he returns tot he future and gets metal claws?

Of is it future Wolverine is the current (present) Wolverine and then he got metal claws and goes back in time and the Wolverine with bone claws is actually his part self that he meets?

Hmmmm.... Even I am confused with what I just typed.
its a movie lets just suspend disbelief :lol:
also i thought they changed and said origins isnt canon in their universe

It really isn't about suspending disbelief, I'm not complaining about dude who has claws popping out of his hands. :lol:

I'm just trying to figure out the consistency because that is what Singer is trying to do.

I was also talking about the The Wolverine movie, not Origins.

Last edited:

I thought the present (which is the future) Wolverine has bone claws (after the last Wolverine film) and then he goes back in time so he should still have the bone claws and then he returns tot he future and gets metal claws?

Of is it future Wolverine is the current (present) Wolverine and then he got metal claws and goes back in time and the Wolverine with bone claws is actually his part self that he meets?

DOFP is some time in the future after The Wolverine so it's possible he got the metal put back in him. Mind you it was just his claws if I remember right not his whole body.

Since the continuity is still connected in the scenes for Wolverine: Origin he got his adamantium at some point after First Class. When he goes back in time in DOFP it's after First Class but it's up in the air whether it's before or after Origins when he gets metal put in him.

It's most likely after though. They weren't really gonna rock with bone claws throughout.

It does. I've always preferred the golden joint he had that covered up his legs. Makes no sense to have all of your body exposed like that.

DOFP is some time in the future after The Wolverine so it's possible he got the metal put back in him. Mind you it was just his claws if I remember right not his whole body.

Since the continuity is still connected in the scenes for Wolverine: Origin he got his adamantium at some point after First Class. When he goes back in time in DOFP it's after First Class but it's up in the air whether it's before or after Origins when he gets metal put in him.

It's most likely after though. They weren't really gonna rock with bone claws throughout.

I think they could have easily gone with bone claws through the whole film though, unless of course that plays a part in him being able to travel back in time. I have a feeling Singer just likes the metal claws better? However, if he just gets metal claws in DoFP right at the start, that somewhat defeats the purpose or impact of Wolverine losing his metal claws and gaining bone claws in the last film. I don't know, it just felt like that was the big surprise or twist of the last film and they would go through with that in the sequels and it makes it feel empty if he just has it out of nowhere in DoFP.

he lost his claws in the last movie?

i didnt watch.. and i didnt hear good things

I think they could have easily gone with bone claws through the whole film though, unless of course that plays a part in him being able to travel back in time. I have a feeling Singer just likes the metal claws better? However, if he just gets metal claws in DoFP right at the start, that somewhat defeats the purpose or impact of Wolverine losing his metal claws and gaining bone claws in the last film. I don't know, it just felt like that was the big surprise or twist of the last film and they would go through with that in the sequels and it makes it feel empty if he just has it out of nowhere in DoFP.
Yeah they could've but unlike Singer and the X-Men franchise I don't think they have the Wolverine movies planned out in advance. I think they just really focused on making The Wolverine better than past movies and they did that for the most part.

Plus it's not clear Jackman is on for more movies and if they reboot within universe like it's been rumored it's plausible there will just be a new Wolverine that never lost his claws or w/e.

I'm just not sure how big of a plot point losing the metal is in future movies. It was big in the fight and for that particular movie but I'm not sure how big it is in continuity. Plus if Jackman is on for another sequel and it has nothing to do with reboot but set in the "old" universe they could just tell a story inbetween The Wolverine and DOFP about some other adventure where he ends up getting the metal back on his claws. I doubt it though. Probably might just be a throwaway line about how he got the metal back on his claws cuz of Magneto in DOFP and move on.
he lost his claws in the last movie?

i didnt watch.. and i didnt hear good things
An adamantium Silver Samurai cut off his claws, so he lost the metal on his claws. Later in the fight, his bone claws grew back cuz of a his healing factor. End of the movie he never has adamantium put back on his claws. So in DoFP which later on in time most ppl would expect him to have bone claws.

Last edited:
It can't be a new rebooted Wolverine in DoFP though because Magneto and Prof X recruited him at the end of the Wolverine so they actually have to follow up with that, well I was hoping they would at least.

You're right though, years has probably passed between the end of The Wolverine to where DoFP start (future?) so he may have gotten it in between but again I'd feel shafted if they did that.

It can't be a new rebooted Wolverine in DoFP though because Magneto and Prof X recruited him at the end of the Wolverine so they actually have to follow up with that, well I was hoping they would at least.

You're right though, years has probably passed between the end of The Wolverine to where DoFP start (future?) so he may have gotten it in between but again I'd feel shafted if they did that.
Not a rebooted Wolverine in DOFP, a rebooted Wolverine AFTER DOFP like in the Apocalypse sequel when they're in that shared universe with the Fantastic Four.

I was just saying his metal claws may not matter anyway after that in universe semi-reboot cuz I'm assuming in that universe X-Men1-3 and all other related movies didn't happen.

Last edited:
Fox needs to go ahead and slide the rights over to Disney from the way things look now.

I hope we're all wrong and are socks are blown off, but that's a longshot.

It would be pretty cool if when Logan gets sent back in time he ends up at the Weapon X facility and he is just getting the metal put into him...

Fox needs to go ahead and slide the rights over to Disney from the way things look now.

I hope we're all wrong and are socks are blown off, but that's a longshot.

:lol: Disney can't do anything with this franchise, theya re already tied up with a two big universes in Marvel and Star Wars. They are happy just to be making a percentage from Fox's X-films w/o any investment in it at all instead of it just being in their vault making them no money.

My expectations for this movie is low but it is still the comic book film I am looking forward to the most this year just because I feel that they are actually trying to get their act together. It's hard to try and put things together ourselves with what they've showed us and I've really rarely guess the movies plot with trailers and previews so I have some hope for this film.

Then again I am one of the very few who liked X1, X2, 1st Class and The Wolverine so I guess I am more optimistic than most as well.

Last edited:
Warpath is supposed to be huge, like Colossus huge. You're telling me they couldn't snag a big *** Samoan, put a wig on his head, and teach him how to bang out 4 or 5 lines?

How Wolverine more brolic than Warpath?

Back
Top Bottom