da "Sneaker bubble" apparently is bursting...

You can be “into kicks” without buying 20-30 pairs a year.
Truth. This is me

To me it’s like on or bust. Either shoes are super “hot” or they’re not. Think the difference between before and now is that now in 2-3 months (majority of the time) no matter how “hot” a shoe was it won’t be
Translation = (Boosts)

Also just noticed Ninja waited a full year to bump this thread.

To ask, what's the most amount of shoes you've owned all at once, and why?

More so, would you rather have more shoes or more cash/etc. on hand.

haven’t read all the replies here yet

but imo some of the customizers out there on IG are, i have to admit, restoring vintage and retro kicks to a T pretty much.

If nike jb continue raising msrp for the kind of shape and materials they give on some Nikes and Js, then I understand why people might not buy as many sneakers today

Restoration costs seem to be in line with retail retro pricing though, at least from one price quote I've received.

Guessing Nike or most shoe companies have shoe designs in the vault that will keep things fresh and interesting for consumers like me. Stuff like the Air Max Deluxe is great to see being retro'd, and I think it received a name change, but Tailwinds were huge back in the early 2000s, would love to see those again.

for the people "not in to kicks" what do you wear?
everyone deserves some a1 comfortable kicks especially if you work on your feet.
there's no reason not to buy the most comfortable kicks you can even if they are expensive.
so imo everyone should be into kicks to some extent.

its def worth it

“Into kicks” is more so the extra extra behavior. Copping nice kicks isn’t the same as obsessing and trying to cop every single collab

I agree with TheCasual on YouTube that resell culture is being targeted by companies to decrease resell values

The Nike React Element 87 is a perfect example

Tease a hype collab

Release a teaser colorway

Release said collab

Release additional color ways

Release additional model with similar aspects for cheaper

Adidas began this with the UB then NMD now the YZY

Resell prices drop consumers eat up the fake hype

Genius

Only ones losing are the kiddies on stock x with shoes that won’t move while their parents are asking about credit card charges

New hyped sneakers have become pure resell opportunities for me

I only buy shoes that mean something to me. Lebron's, old sb's, some yeezys I'll keep...

I pay attention to just about every release from every brand.
Like the interest in sneakers is the same as it ever was.
Slowed down buying alot but the joy of wearing them is still there.
I'm glad I got passed that phase where I was always trying to have a crisp pair, not get em dirty etc
I wear all of them now like I did as a kid.

If the "bubble bursts" it won't change a thing on my end.

I'm not in to them like I used to. Because it's all built on created hype.

And there will be a new hyped sneaker next week and the week after.
The shoes I do like release with trash materials. The newer designs I just don’t like. I buy them OG and they’re yellowed or unwearable. So, basically I’m screwed

Last edited:
I love seeing all these resell shoe spots opening up. It's crazy how common they are now, they're everywhere. Funny thing is, a lot of those places have bots and buy **** from you but if their stock doesn't sell they're right at Nike returning the shoes. It's a damn shame what's become of these shoes. I see so many bozos clueless about sneakers just trying to fit in and sell shoes cause it's cool to do.

I buy and wear what I like from any of the brands although I'm mostly Nike centric. I'm way past that chasing **** phase and I was never down with camping overnight to begin with. I've downsized and pass on **** alot easier as well, I can enjoy or respect a pair while admitting its not my personal style and would only take up space in my closet. I will say that I like fact sneakers and athletic wear have sort of penetrated casual/business casual wear in our current society. Rather wear kicks to work than dress shoes most of the time for me

I love seeing all these resell shoe spots opening up. It's crazy how common they are now, they're everywhere. Funny thing is, a lot of those places have bots and buy **** from you but if their stock doesn't sell they're right at Nike returning the shoes. It's a damn shame what's become of these shoes. I see so many bozos clueless about sneakers just trying to fit in and sell shoes cause it's cool to do.
THIS is what the deal is. Thing is people don’t care for the shoes, it’s all about the resale value. People wear certain shoes becuase it’s as if you have 5-6 hundred attached to your feet. That’s what the draw is.

I'm just not feeling the fight anymore. I still try here and there but if I miss out, o'well I'm not trying to pay resell either. I still wear my kicks and still check for releases, but I mainly buy on discount now.

You know **** is backwards when you have to jump through hoops just to give a brand your money. In other industries its the other way around and their chasing you as a consumer

The funniest **** was those LeBron 16 live together play together joints

You had to enter a raffle, and be chosen....to purchase a shoe...that you had no choice on which one you were getting lol

No I get all that as far as marketing. People are weak minded by nature constantly needing validation. I’m just not part of all that.

Then you have the “I don’t want them but if I don’t buy them now I can’t withiut paying resale” thing comes into play.

Back
Top Bottom