da "Sneaker bubble" apparently is bursting...

IMG_2222.PNG

Bruhhhhh
Ufffff

Gucci aces>flyknit everything. The way I dress at 28 tho is far different than how I dressed at 24 n under. I cant throw on some new LeBron wit some distressed skinnies and a hooded flannel b. But them SLP hit hard off em :smokin

Most dope designer kicks can be had at super sale prices. Common projects, balenciaga, SLP

The trick was to be on them when they was on sale before celebs/ig famous kids/YouTube dweebs was on them.

If you're smart you can still cop high end designers at deep discount. See brined Marcus and many NTers cashing SLP chelseas out for $275

I highly doubt people buy high end sneakers and retro hats for comfort.

But I don't give a damb once all star weekend comes and them BCIIIs are tripled up upon

never said they buy em for comfort i said they cost more and are less comfortable

people are speaking on high end as if jordans (and others) are kids shoes in comparison

They look better tho and go way better casually. Id rock some common projects to a social event in going to at this point before some cool. Only Jordan's I own these days are the 1s tho. Cool, simple and copped on steep discounts

They look better tho and go way better casually. Id rock some common projects to a social event in going to at this point before some cool. Only Jordan's I own these days are the 1s tho. Cool, simple and copped on steep discounts

you comparing high end shoes to basketball shoes tho

these companies make casual shoes too

you telling me I couldn't wear these just as easy and get the same attention?

IMG_0962.jpg

They look better off a casual fit than 90% of nikes sig releases this year honestly. Adidas and puma been my go to for major sneaker brands the last 2 years or so :smokin. Most clubs round my way won't even let u in with sneakers on tho unless they are designer.

I'm a designer loafer/oxford type of dude. Designer sneakers look good on some but I can't pull em off. If I'm putting on some sneakers, y'all bout to see these Aqua 8's or these Agassi's

Desiigner kicks >>>

2 or 3 pairs a year....and you good. Mix that in with what I call "lifestyle kicks" (Adidas Boost, NB 990, Nike Boots, Classic Nikes and dress shoes...and you good.

Flip flops are life though :pimp:. Comfy boiz :pimp:

I don't think it's necessarily growing out of it, it's more so priorities change.

I still like sneakers and somewhat keep up with what is coming out, they just aren't a priority for me anymore. I work 5-6 days a week so I rarely get to even wear them. I find myself preferring to spend my disposable income on vacations or doing things I can actually enjoy rather than dropping $190 plus on sneakers I'll rarely get to wear.

On another note, my teenage son picked the habit up. I got him the 13's for back to school and when I was paying for them the thought crept in my mind that I used to spend quite a bit buying multiple pairs of sneakers a month and how I wish I spent that $ a little better when I was younger.

Priorities b. U get a family and sometimes the disposable income that used to go to sneakers go to more important things. I was passed down the lifestyle from my pops, out the womb my first pair was Js. Still like sneakers, more so high end joints but I only cop a fee pair a year. Rather buy my jr something or travel or something. I got so many better things to do with 200 bucks than to buy a sneaker I had before that was designed in the 90s.

Agreed about priorities for sure. Mine have def changed since getting married and having kids. But I still like sneakers, as you two do. I was more so referring to the “I’m not into sneakers anymore” crowd, of which there are a few on NT.

I admittedly still buy more than I need to, but my time to devote to what’s coming out next has definitely decreased with age. Somehow I still manage to be on here every damn day though. :lol:

Nike has to start spacing out these retro release a month - a month and a half apart at the least.

Dropping a new Jordan every week is insane. You can't possibly expect each one to do well with the literally dozens of other shoes that both you and your competitors drop from week to week. It's too much.

Gucci aces>flyknit everything. The way I dress at 28 tho is far different than how I dressed at 24 n under. I cant throw on some new LeBron wit some distressed skinnies and a hooded flannel b. But them SLP hit hard off em :smokin

Pics

People jumped on the Adidas train

That's pretty much popped.

Pretty much sneakers in 2017 is all hype. It's become a fad. It has to be limited or a collab for people to desire it. In 2018 people might be back in to Asics and New Balance.

Back
Top Bottom