D Rose III *UPDATED* *NEW PICS*

Just read these were only available in Miami anyway. Good riddance, I felt dirty for wanting Heat themed Droses.

Just read these were only available in Miami anyway. Good riddance, I felt dirty for wanting Heat themed Droses.

Really? Heard from my local Footlocker they were getting them in a few days. I'll have to check again.

Those Infared/Electrcity 3.5's are available nationwide. Been at my FNL since Tuesday even tho the release wasn't until today...

Last edited:
Best hoop shoe out. If these had a swoosh on them ppl would be all over them. Adidas is killin Nike. I like these better than Kobe 8 and kd 5. Materials, they have that premium feel and the fit and comfort is on point. Very happy with this hoop shoe.

Best hoop shoe out. If these had a swoosh on them ppl would be all over them. Adidas is killin Nike. I like these better than Kobe 8 and kd 5. Materials, they have that premium feel and the fit and comfort is on point. Very happy with this hoop shoe.

I'm hoping the line gets to the point where they drop the adidas stripes like how the jordans eventually dropped the swoosh. I'm fee ling the rose symbol, no more need for the stripes. The rose line is still too under the radar though, from what I'm getting from word of mouth. Although the way adidas reports it, the rose line jumped 400 percent from when they started the return ads.

I'm hoping the line gets to the point where they drop the adidas stripes like how the jordans eventually dropped the swoosh. I'm fee ling the rose symbol, no more need for the stripes. The rose line is still too under the radar though, from what I'm getting from word of mouth. Although the way adidas reports it, the rose line jumped 400 percent from when they started the return ads.

I like the three stripes man but I know what you mean. If these shoes had a swoosh on them ppl would be all over em. But wait until rose returns in them sales will jump. Honestly I'm glad ppl are sleep on them.

[quote nam="xjsmoove23" url="/t/504322/d-rose-iii-updated-new-pics/930#post_17170583"]Best hoop shoe out. If these had a swoosh on them ppl would be all over them. Adidas is killin Nike. I like these better than Kobe 8 and kd 5. Materials, they have that premium feel and the fit and comfort is on point. Very happy with this hoop shoe.[/quote]
The Rose 3 has a higher price point than the others you named . Im not doubting that its better but I think it needs to be a "best for the money" discussion

The Rose 3 has a higher price point than the others you named . Im not doubting that its better but I think it needs to be a "best for the money" discussion

True but the materials and fit are worth it. I used the bday coupon on mine can't beat them for 135.

I'l' consider when these are $99, and I get to use a 20% eastbay discount. Too many other shoes in the market to consider these.

I feel the sameway about the 3.5's. I really like the home and away color but they are not worth 160 IMO.

I feel the sameway about the 3.5's. I really like the home and away color but they are not worth 160 IMO.

I think alot of people make a common mistake with this sentiment. There is a difference between material and design not being "worth" a set retail price tag and knowing the shoe doesn't draw enough attention to sell out before price cuts occur. Personally I think the Rose 3 and 3.5 are worth the price tag but I know for a fact I can get them cheaper if I just stay patient. Ya know

Yea, I agree. It's like a domino affect. If more ppl were were into the shoe then more ppl would say it's worth the price tag. As it is, it's under the radar so you guys are inclined to be more patient and wait for the price drop. Quality wise and aesthetic wise, I feel like the rose line stepped it up this yr but kudos to you guys for the patience. I'm thinking the shoe won't be as under the radar next yr if Adidas continues to keep it up and Rose is in the public eye more.

These made me REALLY like the 3.5 but, just this colorway tho. These put the Home and Away 3.5's to shame.

Yea, I agree. It's like a domino affect. If more ppl were were into the shoe then more ppl would say it's worth the price tag. As it is, it's under the radar so you guys are inclined to be more patient and wait for the price drop. Quality wise and aesthetic wise, I feel like the rose line stepped it up this yr but kudos to you guys for the patience. I'm thinking the shoe won't be as under the radar next yr if Adidas continues to keep it up and Rose is in the public eye more.

Yep, but there's no need to jump. I wish I would have stocked up on the YCMC deal for under $100, but I'm totally fine waiting on these--even though they are a top basketball shoe of 2012/13 (Soldier VI is better performance-wise, Fly Wade 2 is a push for me).

I think alot of people make a common mistake with this sentiment. There is a difference between material and design not being "worth" a set retail price tag and knowing the shoe doesn't draw enough attention to sell out before price cuts occur. Personally I think the Rose 3 and 3.5 are worth the price tag but I know for a fact I can get them cheaper if I just stay patient. Ya know

The materials are good but the cushioning is really lacking. And I own some of the the Rose 2.0 and other Adidas so I'm comparing it off of that. Cushioning wise these cant be compared to Zoom Air or an air max bag. Something that you put on and feel instantly. I think whats going on here is that Adidas is just following the current trend in the basketball market. Pretty much every shoe has gone up in price. Brons, Jordans etc.And with Rose being Adidas top guy, they did the same thing and raised the price. Almost for no reason. Just because. What's the big difference in materials/tech in this shoe compared to the 2.0's? Not much and they weren't initially priced this way and those sat forever and went down almost 50%. IMHO, these would have been perfect at 125-130. And I've would've went down to Footlocker (with my bday coupon of course :D ) and made that purchase already.

The materials are good but the cushioning is really lacking. And I own some of the the Rose 2.0 and other Adidas so I'm comparing it off of that. Cushioning wise these cant be compared to Zoom Air or an air max bag. Something that you put on and feel instantly. I think whats going on here is that Adidas is just following the current trend in the basketball market. Pretty much every shoe has gone up in price. Brons, Jordans etc.And with Rose being Adidas top guy, they did the same thing and raised the price. Almost for no reason. Just because. What's the big difference in materials/tech in this shoe compared to the 2.0's? Not much and they weren't initially priced this way and those sat forever and went down almost 50%. IMHO, these would have been perfect at 125-130. And I've would've went down to Footlocker (with my bday coupon of course :D ) and made that purchase already.

Pretty sure Adidas figures most consumers would prefer to buy them once on "sale" from the retail price. Lets say realistically they knew they out priced their market. At $160/$180 they would catch a few eager shoppers ready to buy then once that sale hits and prices drop to $120/$130 you'll get those sale consumers and coupon users. Just guessing tho...

For some reason I only buy the .5 versions. I don't own the 1, 2, or 3 but I've got the 1.5 and 2.5. I'll get the 3.5 on sale.

Back
Top Bottom