Cyber Bullying.. internet IS serious business..? lol

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

this is one of those topics that us late-teen/early twenties and older get what it is but at the same time we dont "get" it

Great point. In the class that I might be observing this semester, there was a student who was going in about another student on facebook, tumblr, and formspring (wheretheydothatat
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
). The teacher was unsure about how he should council the students involved (all of them are somewhat tied together through student government). I honestly couldn't see the problem, since all I was able to comment with was "why hasnt anyone caught an %$# beating yet?" 
With how deep the internet has gotten in the lives of young people, however, I think it's easier to see how serious this problem is, especially with the 4chan-related trolling that goes on.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

this is one of those topics that us late-teen/early twenties and older get what it is but at the same time we dont "get" it

Great point. In the class that I might be observing this semester, there was a student who was going in about another student on facebook, tumblr, and formspring (wheretheydothatat
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
). The teacher was unsure about how he should council the students involved (all of them are somewhat tied together through student government). I honestly couldn't see the problem, since all I was able to comment with was "why hasnt anyone caught an %$# beating yet?" 
With how deep the internet has gotten in the lives of young people, however, I think it's easier to see how serious this problem is, especially with the 4chan-related trolling that goes on.

I've been hearing about the term more and more to the point I've seen it addressed on the media and by politicians.

It's ridiculous. America's next generation has grown soft and frail minded. The type to get revenge by hacking with a great scar on their twisted minds.

The days of tough skin and brushing !+#+ off never started for them.

I've been hearing about the term more and more to the point I've seen it addressed on the media and by politicians.

It's ridiculous. America's next generation has grown soft and frail minded. The type to get revenge by hacking with a great scar on their twisted minds.

The days of tough skin and brushing !+#+ off never started for them.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

people create fake accounts and say horrible things to these kids or create fake relationships only to pull the rug from under the kid being bullied and have everyone laugh at them...

the thing with cyber bullying is you can't always tell who is doing it...you can have 10 people running one page

people post rumors about being gay or so and so sucked off the whole bball team when its not true...%%+$ like that gets to young kids...it did before the internet and it does now even when its anonymous

and there isn't much the school can do cuz 1) how do you know who is doing it 2) how do you punish them for it...

kid are already fragile at middle school/early high school age anyways and %%+$ like cyber bullying just pushes some kids over the edge to suicide...
This
It's a lot worse than you guys think...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

people create fake accounts and say horrible things to these kids or create fake relationships only to pull the rug from under the kid being bullied and have everyone laugh at them...

the thing with cyber bullying is you can't always tell who is doing it...you can have 10 people running one page

people post rumors about being gay or so and so sucked off the whole bball team when its not true...%%+$ like that gets to young kids...it did before the internet and it does now even when its anonymous

and there isn't much the school can do cuz 1) how do you know who is doing it 2) how do you punish them for it...

kid are already fragile at middle school/early high school age anyways and %%+$ like cyber bullying just pushes some kids over the edge to suicide...
This
It's a lot worse than you guys think...

No way would I get punked like that. No Effin' way. You're talking to a battle-tested flame warrior right here. In fact, i just cracked on some chump on youtube about a week ago. I swear, these kids really are getting soft in my opinion. JESUS CHRIST, IT'S A COMPUTER!!!!

No way would I get punked like that. No Effin' way. You're talking to a battle-tested flame warrior right here. In fact, i just cracked on some chump on youtube about a week ago. I swear, these kids really are getting soft in my opinion. JESUS CHRIST, IT'S A COMPUTER!!!!

Back
Top Bottom