Cultural vs. Regional vs. Universal vs. Individual

I saw "souse" at the grocery store when I was looking for scrapple.

Should have got it to try

I remember the last time we discussed scrapple, someone brought up hog head cheese.

Turns out it wasn't cheese.
But it was, in fact, hog's head.

Enjoy
Brian Barnes_russian cake.jpg

Regional.

I will say that I do see scrapple eaten a lot in the South/Northeast tho.

I’m from philly and “everyone” eats scrapple here. (I think?) :lol:

Scrapple seems like an eastern thing, the weird backwoodsy middle region of the east where they fly confederate flags and have funny accents. I'm from the south, never heard tale of none one eating scrapple

I think y’all thinking about hog head cheese. I ain’t never heard of anyone eating scrapple. That must be that Virginia “south”.

Lol I seen people eat scrapple all over the eastern seaboard.

There's a lesson in here somewhere lol.

And out this way people eat geotta not scrapple.

I am a white guy that grew up around a lot of italian americans (i am not) in the northeast, there are lots of Jrs (everyone is a Joe or Joey) and everyone is a cousin in that culture too. :lol:
I'm a quarter Italian and spent basically every summer until high school in a town in CT that was probably like 75% Italian. Very much the case.

You wont make it past the front door of my house with shoes on
It is amazing how much I see this from shows in the 90s.

Re-Watching 90210 and damn Brandon Walsh gets his feet on some furniture at least once every 5 episodes.

It kills me man.

Not sure how true this is.

you know what ive noticed about wypipo, that they dont have cousins. They refer to anyone that aint a sibling or a parent as “family”

they be like “yeah so im going to visit family this weekend in Connecticut. ”

while I would say most miniroties are more specific about our relatives. We got cousins and second cousins and step sisters.

i dont what this means.

you know what ive noticed about wypipo, that they dont have cousins. They refer to anyone that aint a sibling or a parent as “family”

they be like “yeah so im going to visit family this weekend in Connecticut. ”

while I would say most miniroties are more specific about our relatives. We got cousins and second cousins and step sisters.

i dont what this means.

That is an amazing observation that thinking about it is true. (From my Experience).

Good stuff

Back
Top Bottom