Creed (Film Series) | Creed III | 3/3/23

Y’all heard that they’re considering doing a movie on the Dragos?

I don’t doubt it was/is being considered but I don’t know how a movie with Drago one liners and Drago Jr subs would work for a full length movie:lol: Even if they had a loud mouth promoter.

I don’t doubt it was/is being considered but I don’t know how a movie with Drago one liners and Drago Jr subs would work for a full length movie:lol: Even if they had a loud mouth promoter.

There’s so much story to be told there. What happened with the mom? I know they probably are going back to the basics by going back to Ukraine but he definitrly made enough money to not be slumming it anymore.

He went toe to toe with the so called Heavyweight Champion of the World.

There’s so much story to be told there. What happened with the mom? I know they probably are going back to the basics by going back to Ukraine but he definitrly made enough money to not be slumming it anymore.

He went toe to toe with the so called Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Not saying it can't be done but Creed 2 shows exactly what happens with the mom without even using any words. I think it was more impactful that way and you don't really need to go anymore in depth.

But like I said, the acting for these Creed movies have been top notch. You're asking for magic if you want that same level of acting with Creed, Creed Jr, and Bridgette Neilson to carry a spinoff movie. That's really my only concern. I wouldn't hate a Creed spinoff, but how would they make it without adding in Scott Adkins and making it a straight to DVD movie?

Caught this Saturday afternoon. 6/8 and that's because I went into it expecting what I wound up seeing. Very predictable, cheesy Stallone dialogue, and hyped workouts.

They really had you (trying to) feel bad for Viktor didn't they :lol: :smh: .

What could they possibly do for a part III?

^ That boy Ricky Conlan was getting locked up for a good while no? I forgot how long they said in the first movie.

Years ago when Creed I was announced, I was like Maaaaaaan, do they need another Rocky movie?!?! I was also bummed about Michael B because up until that point, he was doing such lousy movies (with the exception of a couple like Fruitvale Station, Chronicle). I was a fan of his but I wanted him to pick better projects. I loved what Coogler did with Fruitvale especially directing and writing the flick but I was like SMH...

Fast forward to when the first trailer dropped later that year & I was geeked. It looked incredible. The only reservation I had was I wanted Coogler to make sure the score was tight. Had to feel it like I did with the first 4 Rocky's when I was a kid in the theater.

Sure enough Coogler & Mike B delivered like champs. Seeing Creed II led me to watching the first one again last night. Dusted off the blue ray & fired up my Yamaha receiver to pump loudly throught my B&W sub & speakers. My wife was watching the voice upstairs & my son was upstairs in his room fussing at the TV while playing NBA2K18 (he's getting 19 for Christmas). So it was just me & my pooch.

I've watched it repeatedly in the years since it's release but it's been some time since I peeped it. Wow, Creed I was a really really great flick. The story Coogler crafted & brought to the screen is incredible & the scenes were shot so well.

One thing that bothered me though is why "Lil Duke" iced on Donny out so hard. Why was he refusing to train him & then go even further to say he'd make sure no one trained him? I don't think Coogler explained this well enough. "Lil Duke's" pops was such a loyal dude to Apollo & then to Rock, I found it weird that "Lil Duke" didn't have that same sense of loyalty. I felt it when Donny shouted at him after beating down the first dude. :frown:

The way Coogler filmed Wheeler putting down Donny hard in this scene was stellar... So, this post was kinda a Wednesday morning rumination about having watched Creed last night.

Edit - When I first saw this in the theater, I laughed out loud when I saw Andre Ward walking into this scene. I told myself Donny about to get tore up... Dre gonna put a hurtin' on this dude...

Last edited:
^ I get the sense that Lil Duke thought Donny was spoiled, grew up with a silver spoon, "non-street".
Donny makes mention of this several times in the movie "I'm still a square."

^ my assumption was he didnt want creed son to get involved in fighting period since his dad died... lil duke prally felt like his pops was responsible for the death of apollo and didnt want that to happen again with donnie... so lil duke didnt want to have that responsibility of training him and tried to ban him from the sport...

I mean I get that, but Coogler should've defined it more IMO.

Donny wasn't bougie though despite living with Mary Anne for his later part of his childhood. I mean he grew up his early childhood in gladiator style group homes... I thought that was the weak part of the movie that bothered me like a small scab that I had to resist messin' with... :rolleyes

One thing that bothered me though is why "Lil Duke" iced on Donny out so hard. Why was he refusing to train him & then go even further to say he'd make sure no one trained him?

Adonis took Duke that he knows why Duke didn't want to train him and that he doesn't blame Duke because he wasn't ready..

BTS. Multiple scenes on each clip. Let the full clip play before you scroll right. Pretty dope stuff. And a deleted fight...:nerd:

One thing that bothered me though is why "Lil Duke" iced on Donny out so hard. Why was he refusing to train him & then go even further to say he'd make sure no one trained him? I don't think Coogler explained this well enough.

I thought Coogler explained this through their scene of "Pardon the Interruption." The world didn't know Apollo had a son plus with Adonis being born from an affair, it would "hurt Apollo's legacy" and an embarrassment to the family

Back
Top Bottom