COP SLAMS 87 YEAR OLD LADY TO THE GROUND FOR ARREST! (VIDEO)

i bet she'll put the knife away next time when asked....i see nothing wrong with this.

Originally Posted by rocman23

Originally Posted by sn00pee

yall acting like 87 year olds cant kill or hurt anybody
laugh.gif

If old girl came crawlin at me with a knife/gun, best believe she gettin bodied. period.

People just tryin to find lame excuses to justify their unnecessary hatred for authority figures.
eyes.gif
No bull, that old lady coulda been hella strong or played dumb than once she got up to the cop stabbed her. Now i didn't hear her say put the knife down, but i saw what appeared to be a kinfe in her hand. Now was that the best way to handle that, idk. Me I personally I would of pepper sprayed the hell outta her. And if need be I woulda slammed her. If it's my life or some bruises and maybe broken bones for you, you're going to get bodied and I dont care who you are

wow, you guys are sooo gung-ho!
eyes.gif
smh.gif

Was it a lady cop that slammed her? I can't really tell.
They always trying to show out anyway
tired.gif

Word to that on scene in New Jersey Drive
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by Fuser86

Cops never cease to fail in giving the public more reasons to keep hating them. The only cops I heard were chill and actually respected was in NYC, don't know how much truth there is to that but my girl used to live out there.

This is appauling though considering she's an 87 YR OLD LADY, what is she going to do? run away? hit you with her stick that she can barely hold up? These cops are pathetic. If they had reason to arrest her by all means do your job but in a fashion that is in accordance with the individual or offense being committed.
according to many LEO forum members, it's very cut and dry out there on the streets. they dont care WHO IT IS, you take care of business and live to see another day.. Great logic
eyes.gif
...what's wrong with that?
...an 87 yr old lady with a knife is just as apt to stab you as a 30 yr old with a knife

as for the vid...I'll reserve judgment until I know more about the facts of the case

anchor: Man get if you don't get closer
Camera man: Gowwwn!
anchor: Man get that footage man, you got to get that real footage
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's unfortunate that her wig fell off and that she was spilling, but she was asked twice very politely to put the knife down.
Originally Posted by spsfinest212

I hate white cops sooooo much
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
You'd be the first screaming for the white cops when something jumps off.

Apparantly, many NT'ers believe that once you reach old age, the law doesn't apply to you anymore.

found more.
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Female cop takes down knife wielding granma[/h4]
CLOSE [X]
Raw video,recorded August 01/09.Ohio:TEXT FROM SOURCE:This old lady was in the parking lot of a Wal mart in Whitehall, Ohio swinging a knife at people, when the police arrived she wouldn't drop the knife so the police officer took her down,She had allegedly hit a kid(not shown) which sparked the crowd of people outside.Apparently she was 87 years old!

84 Year Old Woman With a Knife Subdued at Local Walmart

WHITEHALL, Ohio-An elderly woman with a weapon was taken to the ground by a Whitehall officer, and witnesses questioned the force used.

NBC 4's Mike Bowersock got right to the point with a balanced report.

Virginia Dotson was wandering the Walmart parking lot at 3657 E. Main St. Saturday evening with a steak knife. She was telling strangers she would cut them andalready had cut herself.

Whitehall officers were called to the scene, but some witnesses said officers used too much force in subduing the woman.

Dotson's daughter said Dotson found a steak knife in the vehicle, cut herself out of her seat belt and took the knife with her while searching for herdaughter.

"There was some kids out there talking to this old lady, and they said something about the old lady hitting them or something," Stan Brown said.

Brown shot the incident on his cell phone.

Another witness called 911.

Whitehall officer Tammy Scott was the first out of the cruiser.

"She didn't even ask her to drop the knife. The woman told her when the cop came charging at her. She said, 'I'm not going to cut you. I'mnot going to cut you. She was just calling her daughter's name out,' " witness Tomya Beatty said.

The video told a different story, though: "Ma'am: Can you put the knife down? Put the knife down for me," Scott said.

A crowd started to gather, and the two officers called for backup.

"There was about to be a riot in front of Walmart yesterday," Beatty said.

"I believe it could have been taken care of a lot easier than that. I kind of think that was too much force with her being that old," Brown said.

"It's not pretty, but when we're looking at what could ultimately happen in that situation, the age can't really be a big factor. It's apublic relations nightmare in some ways, but the officer did what she had to do," Dr. Richard Weinblatt said.

Weinblatt is the director of the Institute for Public Safety at the Central Ohio Technical College in Licking County and often is quoted on police-forceaffairs.

He said with what the officers knew at that second, they had to do something.

Dotson, who is believed to be 84 years old, was treated and released from Mount Carmel Medical Center for the head injuries she received when she was taken tothe ground.

Dotson's daughter said her mother needed stitches to close the wounds and her hand may have been broken.

Dotson's daughter said she left her mother in the vehicle while she ran into Walmart for a purchase necessary in the move she was making with her mother.She said she was not concerned because she wouldn't be gone long and her mother doesn't know how to open seat belts.

Dotson has not been charged with any crime.

Originally Posted by GTEK

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

I'm sure no one thought about it from her perspective. A lady walking towards you and people in the parking lot with a knife.

How do we know she actually said that she had a knife?
alien.gif

Yan Can ****.

you can see the knife

"She didn't even ask her to drop the knife. The woman told her when the cop came charging at her. She said, 'I'm not going to cut you. I'm not going to cut you. She was just calling her daughter's name out,' " witness Tomya Beatty said.

The video told a different story, though: "Ma'am: Can you put the knife down? Put the knife down for me," Scott said.
indifferent.gif

stick and move copper...lol...but all in all...it was a chick officer..id body her if i thoght she was gonna stab me...old people are crazy

You could clearly the officer ask her to put the knife down. I dislike cops as much as anyone... and I think the officer used excessive force... but shewouldn't put the knife down.

NOthing like the cop who tazed the lady who was speeding
eyes.gif

I'm curious....

what would you guys say if she pepper sprayed the lady?
or if she had used her baton to knock the lady's hand?

what other options would you have tried to use with the lady in order to get her into a non-hostile position?

She's old, but she had a weapon.

Excessive force though... although the officer probably acted on instinct.

Old women kill too.....

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I'm curious....

what would you guys say if she pepper sprayed the lady?
or if she had used her baton to knock the lady's hand?

what other options would you have tried to use with the lady in order to get her into a non-hostile position?
The cop definitely used the best option by first securing the knife against her bulletproof vest before the take down.
This prevents Dotson from falling on the knife and injuring herself which could happen with pepper spray, bean bag gun, or any other takedown.

I'd much rather have a bloody wig and sutures, than Dotson, or bystanders outllined in chalk

Good job by the cop, the %#%$ ya'll want her to do take it easy on her cause of her age.

Psycho lady is swinging a knife at everyone in the parking lot, take her +!% down.

Stupid granny. What did she think was gonna happen when she is swinging a knife around?

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

anchor: Man get if you don't get closer
Camera man: Gowwwn!
anchor: Man get that footage man, you got to get that real footage
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's unfortunate that her wig fell off and that she was spilling, but she was asked twice very politely to put the knife down.
Originally Posted by spsfinest212

I hate white cops sooooo much
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
You'd be the first screaming for the white cops when something jumps off.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Here's an Idea how about I never put myself in situations where I would have too call for help!

if you turn up the volume you can actually hear the officer tell her to "please put the knife down"

i woulda slammed her too
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom