CONGRATS TO REG'S RON BENTLEY FOR WINNING THE 3 PT CONTEST! ($50 cash prize) MERRY XMAS

yo rocky, i got your pm. word 2 more big men, is that including that big dude that kept shooting 3 pointers? he kept launching every time he got the ball :lol:
laugh.gif
. we beat ourselves today, but the gym floor was no joke tho, i got called for like 5 travels. rocky man you need to be out on the court more.

man, id love to be on the court more but there are other players, ya know?

also i work graveyard, 10pm-7am then be at the gym by 9am to help run things and keep stats, manage regulators at their 11am game, play at 12pm w/ my platinum team, and from then on run things and keep stats until our game at 4pm, when i run again! im at work right now as i type, lol

*nah the 2 guys are ones that havent shown up yet... :evil:
devil.gif
WWW.SUPERSTARBASKETBALL.ORG

REGULATORS & MONEY $HOT

Well I dunno if that Iverson shot was @ me but me and certain teammates are wonderin when we come in with a certain gameplan why we can't execute it, like the starting lineup was conclusive to who showed to practice outside of the game, a couple people on regulators was wondering why my boy who I brought started over those who actually came to practice on their own time

another unresolved issue was that like 4 of us didn't know we payed for this league to be coached, when we as grown me can handle subs and starting lineups on our own, especially if that coach is playing for another team in the same division, and can't stay for the whole game because there is another game, just kind of a strange situation

so for the most part me and a few regulators, well most of those who did show up for last weeks practice have been playing on our own outside of the game, have a gameplan and talk well with each other but when we can't even execute what we plan then sooner or later the chemistry as a team can break, and I was just a lil salty at a certain some1, not the team, don't get it twisted, I still was for the team the whole time, recognizing individual play or certain team plays and a certain "forced shot" wasn't a problem to anyone but one when I asked everyone who is actually on the team if it was under the certain situations it was in

I probably played the least amount of mins the last game but I'm ok with that when I came in I didn't look to score or force anything I was passing left and right, which was my usual intent, ask anybody who saw the last 7 mins, I'm just glad we got the W but to be pulled from a unit I work well with and not having to play was my main concern, so I'm just stating my case and everyone knew something was up when that occurred.
I will die with no bullets in my holster

Tuesday sounds good for practice

thats when i have the whole day off

Pat i understand what you're saying, but

you had good playing time

you started, and had many minutes compared to others

i came off the bench, and had little minutes, but it doesn't matter, since the plan was to go big all the way, and that definitely worked

i could have demanded more minutes, but i sat back and let you play cause i saw that you were getting heated. but you were one of the dudes that had the most playing time

if u were a burger at McDonald's you'd be McGorgeous​

i think we should all just put this behind us. the only thing i have to say is in regards to practice. not everyone can make practice and things come up...i dont think just because you are able to meet for practice means you automatically can start...its still unfair regardless since everyone else paid the same amount and who knows, others may be practicing on their own since they either live too far or time conflict. i still think we should have a rotation of starters just to be fair. i personally will have times when i can make it and times when i cannot because of grad school and im sure others are either in school or have work, live too far, traffic heading in a certain direction or something that holds them up. so we cant base starting or minutes based on practice....practice is good but to use that as a reason to start is like saying the oldest should play first since we got more experience in life and basketball, of course im exaggerating but just trying to get a point out. no disrespect to anyone's comments but i just wanted to give my opinion.

in regards to forced shots etc. thats just a personal decision and we all know not to make those but hey at the time if you had a good look take it, pure and simple. so dont worry about the shot, its just one of many so no one is saying anything there. it might have been brought up just as a pointer but its not a big deal.

in regards to the coaching thing, i think its good to have someone at least give a outside perspective only because as players we are into the game and probably thinking about our own game half the time and dont player manage (subs etc) because everyone wants more minutes so we do need someone who can keep us organized, so i wouldnt be so hard on that issue. but then again, new guys shouldnt start over old guys, thats just not right for the rest of the group because if you are talking about starting and practice time, a lot of us showed up more if not all the practices than others before the season and we showed up early also. i didnt complain because im not complaining but obviously someone did bring it up and i agree with them. this is our team not a person's team so please remember that as a group...everyone will get their time and everyone will get their share in time to play so lets squash the chit chat and just be ready for the next game.

FOR SALE: Jordan XI Concords (SERIOUS HEAT) and ADIDAS A3 Structure Basketball Shoes! Check it out!! Size 10.

Ordered kicks from Kaysshoes.com and I used code 116 to recieve $5.50 OFF my purchase! Use that coupon code to save too!

I just checked in this morning and I'm reading all the responses. I concur with everyones opinion, I feel where Adrian is coming from, Patrick(beleive me b, I understand your frustration) Rocky, and Andrew, etc....Everyone has valid points.

We all know we can all ball, and I knew there was going to be disagreement of PT. I've played in many leagues and it happens all the time. We have to establish a system where everyone gets fair share of rotation. As I was telling Rocky Kupchake last night over the phone, I think it was a bad decision to sub out 4 bigs in exchange for the 4 smalls. We have to understand as a team, there will be mistakes made. We have to work on developing chemistry, as a whole.
I also understand that not everyone can make it to practice, but I definitely see lack of interest by a few players out there. I feel some are just there to play as "individualist" and not as a team.

We definitely need to quit this pointing finger mess, and be content with the W.

I have a proposition that might help our situation. Why dont we establish two reliable Captains. 2 guys with league experience, and knowledge of the game. They can be in charge of calling out plays, substituting(so that everyone can get a fair share of playing time) Not this 5 in 5 out substitution. Rotation of new starters every week. I feel it is very necessary to keep 2 bigs in at all times.
This system can be very helpful and beneficial at the same time. I've played in leagues and through my expereinces in good/bad leagues I think this will be a huge help.

Rocky, I pitched out $5 yesterday in case anyone was short. I know how crazy it can get handling $. My hat goes off to you, for the hard work you've invested for this league.
Much respect.

RAIDER NATION

Quote:
Regulators are #1 because they defeated the #1 team :rolleyes
eyes.gif
but Money $hot knows thats only temporary as well Grittyman aka Adrian knows whats up

Yo....temporary? :lol:
laugh.gif
ed before anyone who has been around since day 1.

2) I agree that as far as starting, nothing should be automatic. I actually wasn't chosen to start for game 1, but my TEAMMATES basically forced me to. I really appreciated that and in the future if any of you guys want to start for me just say the word.

3) Everyone can't make it out to practices, and that is understandable. I think what Patrick was talking about was the fact that certain guys play better with each other because they have been practicing together. You can tell when dudes are throwing no look passes and cutting to the basket and all that good stuff. I don't think we got a chance to really see that lineup at all (which is understandable) but probably cause some frustration.

4) I agree with Drew that it's important to have someone coaching because of the whole outside perspective thing. We do have some guys who are more outgoing and I think it would be easy to forget about the ones who are not.

5) After I asked you that question about rivalry week Rock, I did notice how you said something about how "we" (Money Shot) are gonna be a problem for "yall" (Regulators). I thought you would be more neutral, but that kinda gave me an impression that M$ is your crew and you're just coaching us. I was thinking that what would we do in that game without having you as the coach?

I'm not making a big deal out of any of this BUT since it's out there let's just discuss it and move on. So far I've really been happy with the experience and I'd like for things to stay that way....

*Good post Ray. I like that idea about the captains.

I'm not pointing any fingers either. No one is perfect and this is all a learning experience.
I see no changes all I see is racist faces....misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
And only time we chill is when we kill each other....it takes skill to be real, time to heal each other

Word Adrian, I completely agree. We talked about this last night. Hopefully we can hear everyones input.

Maybe we should try to meet up somewhere this weekend and celebrate are 1st place, club, bar, whatever....
RAIDER NATION

I dunno if you guys can practice Thursday again? Or even earlier like on Tuesday what Mike said, and if you want to celebrate my boy is having a birthday thing @ Forbidden City in Hollywood Thurs night Ray, Adrian lemme know already he'd be outta town and I think Andrew said he'd be out next game too, but I can make it any day after 4 to practice outside maybe thursday because my boy wanted me to be there at his thing to help him set up but other than that I can roll with y'all any day just lemme know if its for sure and I'm there

lets practice tuesday, since it seems that's the best day

switch up locations, make it closer to pat, since it was the other way around last week

and ray pointed out something crucial. i was just about to post it.
my friend was in attendance the last game and he said our rotation sucks.

we need better rotations

we can't have 5 big men sub out and sub in 5 small dudes

the team on the floor

constantly needs at least 2 big men

1 ball handler / scorer

rest role players

i think we have enough people to have that consistency

we have 4 big men now?

Bigs: Adrian, Ray, Chris, Big Pat

ball handlers - pat / ron / whomever

role players rest of team (shooters / defense / whatever)

we should only sub in all bigs, if we truly need it (like if we're down a huge deficit and need to catch up)

and as people have pointed out, there's definitely going to be a conflict of interest when the season progresses between Rocky and Regulators / Money Shot

it seems that Rocky is playing for money shot.

i appreciate rocky supporting us for the past 2 games,

but i suggest either we coach ourselves or

or have my friend (who was present last game) be our coach / give suggestions. He's knowledgeable about the game of basketball

not trying to shut out rocky. I'd like to have continued support from him and continue as GM, but his position as a coach is a no go.

It's gonna be Hova vs. Budden

boiboi I decided not to read

your post

because that style of typing

irritates me

:lol:
laugh.gif

j/k....everyone has good points it seems. Just a few wrinkles that need ironing out.

Naw but I'm down for tuesday....every where yall wanna go is far for me cause I live in no man's land

Baysick "we're talking about practice" Beats is going to show up :wow:
eek.gif
I see no changes all I see is racist faces....misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
And only time we chill is when we kill each other....it takes skill to be real, time to heal each other

If you guys are down to practice, a lot of players from the league plays every tuesday at Pacific Christian Church in Upland.

here is the addy

825 Alpine St, Upland, CA 91786

Starts at 9pm til about midnight.

Bring $3 for donation to the church to use their gym. Its a nice indoor court and full court games are ran constantly. Get to know your teammates as well as your opponents here.

TEAM 909 x Soul Assassins x GreyOne Army
2220 E. Colorado Blvd Pasadena
626.683.7500 Tell em AirMag sent ya

I'm in for Tuesday. The later the better because i'll be sitting in grimy traffic. Unless its somewhere around OC :lol:
laugh.gif
RAIDER NATION

if you guys wanna go to upland, where Mark pointed out lemme know if its for sure since I don't wanna drive all the way out there and theres only me and Mark, I'll try my best to make it there if I can, my car's outta comission and I'm borrowing somebody's ride and I'm tryin not to hit anything or be hit lol so that's why driving far distances is sketchy but I'll see, but if its Tuesday for practice we need a location by tonite so things are settled

Quote:
and as people have pointed out, there's definitely going to be a conflict of interest when the season progresses between Rocky and Regulators / Money Shot

but i suggest either we coach ourselves

Patrick, I sent you a text earlier. I had training all day here at work. Sucked, and on Thursday, all day training.
I'll call you after I leave the gym. About to head out now.
Tuesday is perfect for me. Keep me informed.
RAIDER NATION

Aight Tuesday seems like a go....

All we need is a gym. LA Fitness or West Covina seems like a decent location and would work for me..

That gym in Upland is actually closer for me but kinda late though

:lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
peezy + 6 (one 6'3 asian. one 5'7 black. one 6'2 white. one 6' 8 black. one 6'6 white. one 6'11 white) tentative but we all gotta start only catch and what not. seeing that you were the only one that wanted to start every single game, i didnt see that as fair because ive always pushed for equal shine. YOU were not supposed to start but come tip off you were in the line up, whats up with that? im there as a mediator to make sure everyone gets EQUAL playing time. some people are outspoken so im there to speak for them.

you've been all about you, even post game.

Quote:
I had like 8 assists, they marked me down for 1 assist, what the...

you dont get it 'twisted' - i did the stats, sitting at the stats table with the rest of the staff and we got people calling out stats so integrity and accuracy is maintained.

Quote:
5) After I asked you that question about rivalry week Rock, I did notice how you said something about how "we" (Money Shot) are gonna be a problem for "yall" (Regulators). I thought you would be more neutral, but that kinda gave me an impression that M$ is your crew and you're just coaching us. I was thinking that what would we do in that game without having you as the coach?

ers and most the time i was running around the gym, prepping for my 12 o clock game.

now leadership...

i told patrick he was gonna lead the team well before the 1st game because he's the ball handler - ive even had a long conversation over the phone to discuss the team and their strength and weaknesses. ive dealt with alot of patricks antics, backed him up even against your own team, and his wants. granted, what more? my reservations surfaced when he pulled a stunt like that yesterday - a leader leads by example.

Quote:

but i suggest either we coach ourselves or

or have my friend (who was present last game) be our coach / give suggestions. He's knowledgeable about the game of basketball

of course i play for money $hot because they are short players. it was the 2nd niketalk team that was supposed to flourish but many dropped out so what am i supposed to do? i already paid for 11 jerseys - im not going let it go to waste. hell, even two regulators wanted to switch teams. but wait, i combined those who showed up for practice and stacked up regulators because chemistry was in the works already. meanwhile, im with money $hot, hoping that some sort of last minute chemistry could be made - our first game was the first time we all met, what conflict of interest are you complaining? wait, i know the inner works of your team? of course i do, i formed it :lol:
laugh.gif
but that doesnt mean i cant scout and see the same strengths and weaknesses ray charles couldnt.

your rotation is in chaos because there is no communication. what do YOU want? watch the other key players hog up the time you equally paid for? wait, there is only one person that is trying to get his own shine at everyones expense. yeah, you may not care, nor the next person, but i do because i dont manage a team like that. maybe i shouldve expressed that prior to the sign ups of this team but i tought yalls were 'grown up' about it.

youve stunned the league because you LOOK like a team with matching jerseys, a deep bench, and me helping you on how to play your game along with the refs game. ive called yalls individually to follow up on how you like it, making myself available to any doubts, questions, and such...which go beyond what i should be doing. why? i take care of my folks. anyway

if your friend would like to be your coach, seeing that he is only basing his 'coaching' ability on your 2nd game, then go for it. he can assume my GM title. tell him to hit me up and ill let him in on the details.

im cooler then the otherside of the pillow, still. :wink:
wink.gif
WWW.SUPERSTARBASKETBALL.ORG

REGULATORS & MONEY $HOT

Rock, again we all appreciate your input and everything you've done. This is all a misunderstanding, and everything was blown out of proportion. At the end of the day, we are all happy we picked up that W.

Personally, I dont want someone coaching me. I really think we need leadership as oppose to someone there telling us what to do, controlling the game when 95% of the team wont even want that.
This is all for fun, its not like we're playing for rings here.

Now that Rocky has clarified, we can all move forward from here and learn from our mistakes.

RAIDER NATION

im down for the tuesday practice and if its in upland let me know by tonight so i dont carpool with my buddy to school (since school is nearby) however if its somewhere else it should be cool ill just head home and drop my carpool buddy off and head back out. let me know asap. thanks!! if its LA fitness i would definitely need a "usable" pass....i hope it works because i dont want to drive down and it not work haha.

im sorry guys, but in retrospect....i dont see how anyone has been coaching anything. no one is telling us to run plays etc. if anything there has only been insight given in regards to the games. we are a rookie team playing veteran guys in a league we are definitely new to...so since day one i have always been glad to have rocky even bother to show up to our games to give insight on who to look for and how to play up on the person. Many will say that we can figure that out ourselves etc. or over time or the course of the game we will figure it out, true; but I think you guys may be throwing it out of proportion.

I find it silly that anyone would think there is a mixture of loyalty blah blah....if he was playing for both sides and we lose then yes but he isnt. "Coaching" us or whatever you want to call it has nothing to do with loyalty or "who's side is he really on" type of situation. In the end, when those 5 guys are on the court the game is in theirs hands and not that of the "coach" or anyone else. If anything having a person not from the team who is familiar with the league and the other teams, and a manager helps manage the roster and he really does help ensure that everyone gets their share of the spotlight on the court.

Quote:
I see where you're coming from about making decisions in order to let people have equal playing time. But i think we could take care of ourselves on that department.
WHY IN THE WORLD ARE WE ADDING PLAYERS? FOR SALE: Jordan XI Concords (SERIOUS HEAT) and ADIDAS A3 Structure Basketball Shoes! Check it out!! Size 10.
Ordered kicks from Kaysshoes.com and I used code 116 to recieve $5.50 OFF my purchase! Use that coupon code to save too!

^i gotta pass for your ready if you need it but no one clarified if we're goin to upland or an la fitness and if la fitness which

rocky if you read my initial post

I'm not saying you should decline your position as a GM

like you said, you formed the team, and I still say that you should be GM

but as a COACH, making roster decisions and how we play will affect the relationship between Money Shot and Regulators. From the past two games, It seems like you don't see yourself as a coach, but in a sense, you really are. I see where you're coming from about making decisions in order to let people have equal playing time. But i think we could take care of ourselves on that department.

We want to win, go undefeated, get the championship. And if our coach/advisor actually plays for another team in the same division (although affiliated) it will affect the outcome of our win.

That's the conflict of interest i was referring to.

you should either take a neutral position - which you claim you will do. If you do take a neutral position, (you being a player not affecting the way you run regulators), I'll support the idea of letting you be our coach

or like i suggested, let us coach ourselves, or have someone else do it

by no means am i saying you should stop being our GM. I want you to continue to be our GM, you're doing a good job by keeping us updated and collecting fees and giving us info we need about other teams.

And hopefully you got the 6 dollar ref fees i gave pat to give to you (before this "drama") Since i owed you from the 1st game

Lets just go to the same one as last time, it would be a little easier cause at least we would all know the directions.

I'm down for hitting that one up again, the Upland gym starts just a little too late for me.

At this point I think everyone has said their piece and I'm cool with where we're at.....I really just want to play ball.

<>

Back
Top Bottom