Confirmed Jordan 14 last shot retro June14th 2018

My pair from NDC just arrived and one shoe has a small hole(tear) in the collar....... back they go
Overall nice shoe in hand .

Just got my pair in. Disappointed in the craftsmanship on these, and trust me I been buying enough Jordans for years now to know about the typical common glue stains blah blah. But these definitely have more excessive glue literally outlined mostly on the whole midsole that connects to the upper. Couple more white glue mark stains laying on the black paint midsole. Suede on the toe box looks marked up and messy (normal I guess?). Just seems sloppy put together. It could just be my pair. Nevertheless, Love the shoe....brings back memories for sure.

My pair from NDC just arrived and one shoe has a small hole(tear) in the collar....... back they go
Overall nice shoe in hand .

After getting my pair, even though I don't see any major flaws on mine. The craftsmanship is messy, one of the most sloppiest craftsmanship I seen in a while on a Jordan. I have a feeling these are the kind of shoes that might be produced widely with flaws...

‘05 teeth is falling off. 2018 pair might be calling me.

BE27699A-B0CA-4E1D-A61F-96CBB34923D4.jpeg

I'm interested see how these are in hand after reading the last page or so. The suede looks much closer to the OG. The '05 was much darker and had "longer hairs". I had, and still have, my OG from 1999, and my 2005 pairs. Hooped in both HEAVILY. The '05 is certainly better than any 14 since, but no retro 14 to date has come close to the OG. The overall shape. The materials the used. The straight tongue. Articulated fore-foot zoom. Uncovered vent. Soft phylon midsole, which some people foolishly complained about because of the midsole creasing, but they were so much softer, like pillows. And that's not even getting into the finer details.

I will pick up a pair to hoop in for sure, and hope for the best.

E6000 and some rubber bands cans fix that. I’ve noticed the glue on 14s breaks down after about 10 years I’ve had a few pairs where the teeth came apart or the sole falls off

I wore them a week or so ago and they feel strong and don’t feel like they will fall apart right now. But I know they will eventually. I like the comfort of the 2005 pair and the smooth inner heel lining is nice.

Maybe I missed it, but do these come with any of the Think 16 additions? Retro card? O'Brien trophy? 16 patch? Association insole? Special paper?

I'm stuck at work next Thursday, release day, from 9 to 9. You think I should cop off stockx for 200 or take my chances online that day?

$200 is retail

son what you waiting for?
I know stockx is pretty reliable, but I always prefer to get straight from retail if possible in case there are any issues and for peace of mind. Not always an option though these days as we all know though lol.

Just got my pair in. Disappointed in the craftsmanship on these, and trust me I been buying enough Jordans for years now to know about the typical common glue stains blah blah. But these definitely have more excessive glue literally outlined mostly on the whole midsole that connects to the upper. Couple more white glue mark stains laying on the black paint midsole. Suede on the toe box looks marked up and messy (normal I guess?). Just seems sloppy put together. It could just be my pair. Nevertheless, Love the shoe....brings back memories for sure.

Yeah man, the leather and suede on my pair feels great, but the glue is so sloppy. Up to about 2mm overage on every tooth, and part of the midfoot on one shoe. Worse than on my Shadow 10s. I'm not sure if I should return (or exchange if I can) or just keep them since it's not noticeable from more than 3 feet away or so.
IMG_2232.jpg
IMG_2233.jpg

Yeah man, the leather and suede on my pair feels great, but the glue is so sloppy. Up to about 2mm overage on every tooth, and part of the midfoot on one shoe. Worse than on my Shadow 10s. I'm not sure if I should return (or exchange if I can) or just keep them since it's not noticeable from more than 3 feet away or so.
IMG_2232.jpg
IMG_2233.jpg
Do you own any other 14s?

Do you own any other 14s?

Wolf Grey 2014 (don't laugh), Black toe 2014, Oxidized Green 2016 (which oddly enough I decided to wear today, despite completely forgetting that the Last Shots would be delivered today :lol: ). Out of the now 4 pairs I own, the Last Shot has the best leather/suede or nubuck, but the worst glue (I have to check the wolf greys to confirm, since I don't wear them).

Attachments

• IMG_2240.JPG
    IMG_2240.JPG
    488.1 KB · Views: 24
Wolf Grey 2014 (don't laugh), Black toe 2014, Oxidized Green 2016 (which oddly enough I decided to wear today, despite completely forgetting that the Last Shots would be delivered today :lol: ). Out of the now 4 pairs I own, the Last Shot has the best leather/suede or nubuck, but the worst glue (I have to check the wolf greys to confirm, since I don't wear them).
I wouldn’t laugh, I own that pair also.
14s are awesome, every single one to me is.

I was asking, because the excess glue is very common on 13s and 14s.
It used to bother me as well, but it’s just par for the course.
I honestly don’t think your pair is bad with glue personally.

Asked the local Jimmy Jazz, FNL, FTL, and Champs.

Jimmy Jazz does not even know if they are getting more than the single pair they were shipped the other day. Fedex destroyed the box though and the pair was all effed up upon delivery.

FNL is doing raffle on monday.

FTL is FCFS day of.

Champs is doing the app.

this is dumb lol.

I wouldn’t laugh, I own that pair also.
14s are awesome, every single one to me is.

I must've gotten lucky with my previous pairs then, but I guess the glue is also more noticeable on suede/nubuck because the surfaces are rougher. Either way I rarely return things and have never been able to bring myself to resell a shoe, so the most I'll do is just take a look at my other pairs when I get home and compare/contrast just for my own curiosity.

VERY common. Easily gone through at least 100 pairs of 13-14's from my collection or purchases for friends (and some reselling). I've learned to live with it too.

I'm definitely an outlier then, because I just checked and the glue job is literally perfect on my Wolf Greys and Black Toes, almost perfect on the Oxidized Green, and then sloppy as hell on the Last Shots. F it though, at this point I'm just happy to have shoes that I've missed out on for up to 25 years. At this point, my shoes have to be legit unwearable for me not to wear them.

Back
Top Bottom