Confessions

Messed up during a group interview today, froze up during 2nd question and started talking fast and then forgetting what I was talking about. Smh and it was a good paying job.

Now I'm super depressed, bout to pour up and maybe pop a purp to ease my pain of failure.

First off, Rest in peace to your Mom. We grieve in different ways. Don't pressure yourself to fulfill some standard that doesn't match your personality fam. You already said you're not an emotional dude, you deal with things differently. Accept that. I can speak on this bc I am the EXACT same way. This is what is natural for us, not the usual crying, depressed grieving like others do. I had two grandparents pass within a few months of each other last year, was close to both and literally felt nothing. Shed no tears at each funeral, nothing. Even felt myself getting slightly annoyed at my Mother bc she's still torn up about my Grandfather passing. It's normal.

I will say that a breakdown may be in your future though. A weeks ago I have no idea what triggered it but I just started bawling thinking about my grandparents & another recent death in the fam. Be patient with yourself & realize that your reaction is just as normal as one who is torn up & won't let go about losing a loved one.

As far as wifey, obviously you love that woman. 20 years is a long goddamb time. Your attraction to other women & curiosity is also NATURAL. You're a man, you're hardwired to want to explore the women that excite you and procreate. But, you made a commitment. You promised that woman your unconditional fidelity regardless of whatever. Man up & realize that your commitment is greater than any simple physical pleasure that you could receive from any other woman. But also remind yourself that attraction to other women is natural, you're human. My honest advice is to take a step back & think about life without her, think about the simple things she does or even doesn't do :lol: that you'd mis . Find new ways to appreciate her that you couldn't ever do with the next woman.

Messed up during a group interview today, froze up during 2nd question and started talking fast and then forgetting what I was talking about. Smh and it was a good paying job.

Now I'm super depressed, bout to pour up and maybe pop a purp to ease my pain of failure.

It's all good son, just knock the next one out. It happens to the best of us......don't pour up too much tho.

Hate group interviews man smh.

Just got news my dad kidney failed again..after getting one from his sister 4 years ago.

this sucks man..also means he has to start dialysis again. He was on it for 25+ years before he got the kindey transplant. Now he has to go back 3 days a week, strapped down for 7+ hours to a machine.

just a awful day. im 22 and i wish i could give him and my moms the world man. my fear is that ill run out of time before i can. he was a miracle years ago because he was literally on the brink of death years ago and doctors promised him he could never have kids or ever be living outside of a hospital room as long as he lives. i know he has the will to do it all again but hes almost 60 now. Its such a strain on your body smh

damn

Last edited:
I'm about to ask my girl to marry me and all I really want to do the rest of my life is be in great shape, drive fast cars and make a lot of money.

But love her so I'm going to give up all that up to be a family man and I'm scared ********.

Just got news my dad kidney failed again..after getting one from his sister 4 years ago.

this sucks man..also means he has to start dialysis again. He was on it for 25+ years before he got the kindey transplant. Now he has to go back 3 days a week, strapped down for 7+ hours to a machine.

just a awful day. im 22 and i wish i could give him and my moms the world man. my fear is that ill run out of time before i can. he was a miracle years ago because he was literally on the brink of death years ago and doctors promised him he could never have kids or ever be living outside of a hospital room as long as he lives. i know he has the will to do it all again but hes almost 60 now. Its such a strain on your body smh

damn
damn bruh, i know the feels. went through a similar situation with my mom years ago. i'm sure that to your pops, from a parent's perspective, you've already given him the world just by your love and support through his hard times. hope he pulls through in the clutch for a second time. stay up my G

I'm about to ask my girl to marry me and all I really want to do the rest of my life is be in great shape, drive fast cars and make a lot of money.

But love her so I'm going to give up all that up to be a family man and I'm scared ********.
Who's to say you can't do both? I do get what you're saying though.

It takes a mature person to take this step, best of luck.

damn

damn bruh, i know the feels. went through a similar situation with my mom years ago. i'm sure that to your pops, from a parent's perspective, you've already given him the world just by your love and support through his hard times. hope he pulls through in the clutch for a second time. stay up my G

I appreciate it man. means alot

Get yourself together so you can do those things first

She can do that with you

Thats great news man, go for it. Love won't let you wait.

Last edited:

Who says you can't do all those thing and love her at the same time?

Loving a woman and still having enjoying life as you've imagined it don't have to be mutually exclusive. Simply have an honest conversation with your girl about the matter and see what happens.

Who says you can't do all those thing and love her at the same time?

Loving a woman and still having enjoying life as you've imagined it don't have to be mutually exclusive. Simply have an honest conversation with your girl about the matter and see what happens.

Meh the way I lead my life now isn't going to work in the context of a marriage. Right now when I eat my whole family is fed because its just me.

Sure I can stay in shape and acquire wealth. Actually getting married is going to help me with this as long as I we don't have kids too soon.

Its just discretionary income goes out the window when you have a family. I spent $500 today on my car today on a whim. I like throwing caution to the wind but that isn't happening with a family.

With all this being said I love her and a few years from I won't care about this stuff but its like I finally got everything I envisioned having in life when I was younger but I'm about to risk it for a woman.

Its scary man.

I robbed a donation cup in college set-up for a Earthquake relief effort in India. Man, there was $67 in it. I spent it on a fitted and 3 drinks.

:lol:

I stole from a Catholic Church alter society collection $375. This when I was 14. I brought a pair of Nike Zoom Flight 96 and a slab to hit the block (8 ball). Smh fresh off the porch and ready.

Based off of what you posted I noticed two things and I'm sure you probably have identified these things as well. The first is the majority of these problems stem from not taking action. The girl, your music aspirations, etc. are all affected by that overall laziness. I can understand some hesitation since you have a lot on your mind and your unsuccessful past attempts at school most likely deter you. Countering laziness is definitely something that is easier said than done however.

Do you have a decent amount of free time? If you're considering going back to school I'd suggest doing some studying/reading in the subject you're interested in right now, so that if and when you go back you'll be more prepared. Also, try and stay active meaning both busy and athletically. I find that when I've taken on several responsibilities at once is when I'm at my best because I force myself to be productive. The more time you spend working/studying and staying in shape the less time you have to be thinking and stressing yourself.

The second is loneliness. When things aren't going well for me I also have the tendency to reach out to people, kind of like how you reached out to this girl. I'm kind of curious as to why you didn't follow up with the girl and hang out. If she basically agreed with you that should be the ok to progress with that. You hit her up with that long text explaining things in the first place and you shouldn't be worried about bothering her since she said the feeling of unfinished business was mutual. I'd caution you not to invest all of your efforts into her and to temper your expectations. Having girl problems on top of going through a rough time is the worst so don't put your eggs in one basket.

It was a good move by you to post in here since you're feeling like you have no one to vent to. You have any good friends you hang with? You said that you don't like to hit up people first, but how often do people hit you up first? I know you don't want to bother anyone, but sometimes you'll have to be the one to take the initiative when it comes to making plans. For example, I have friends who I know I'm close with and I'll still be the one to initiate hanging out 75% of the time just because they're less likely to set something up.

Here it goes... I broke up with my gf of 3 years on April 28th because of her lack of motivation towards school (she is 26 years old and is a senior now in college). I realized I made a mistake I tried to get back with her and she said "no". So what I would do is every 2 weeks I would try to reach out and try to talk things out but she would resist. For the month of June we would meet up for during the day and have lunch but never at night. My patience was tested one day when we made plans and she cancelled on me. I again tried on Wednesday and she gave me some bs excuse. I decided on July 2nd said that I'm going to fall back and let her do her thing because I am not going to get treated like garbage.... My friends tell me that she is playing games and when the summer is over we will be back together but why play games? This is a girl that I was ready to propose to next year in Italy.
I need advice guys help me out

Here it goes... I broke up with my gf of 3 years on April 28th because of her lack of motivation towards school (she is 26 years old and is a senior now in college). I realized I made a mistake I tried to get back with her and she said "no". So what I would do is every 2 weeks I would try to reach out and try to talk things out but she would resist. For the month of June we would meet up for during the day and have lunch but never at night. My patience was tested one day when we made plans and she cancelled on me. I again tried on Wednesday and she gave me some bs excuse. I decided on July 2nd said that I'm going to fall back and let her do her thing because I am not going to get treated like garbage.... My friends tell me that she is playing games and when the summer is over we will be back together but why play games? This is a girl that I was ready to propose to next year in Italy.
You broke it off with her though, lol. And were you antagonizing her about the school thing? She was a senior and had a year left, why did you break it off? People sometimes get derailed on the education track, there are people alot older than her in school trying to finish up. 

Seems like there is something more to the story. 

What are you expecting exactly?

YOU broke up with HER. It seems like she's trying to stay on friendly terms by not meeting with you at night and not meeting too often but not letting it slip back to relationship status. It sounds like she's being reasonable. She told you she didnt want to get back together - so if you really want to make it happen, you're going to have to be patient. You sound impatient and clingy and it's probably making her want you less.

Just remember - YOU broke up with her. She owes you nothing now.

What are you expecting exactly?

YOU broke up with HER. It seems like she's trying to stay on friendly terms by not meeting with you at night and not meeting too often but not letting it slip back to relationship status. It sounds like she's being reasonable. She told you she didnt want to get back together - so if you really want to make it happen, you're going to have to be patient. You sound impatient and clingy and it's probably making her want you less.

Just remember - YOU broke up with her. She owes you nothing now.

Totally understandable but she has been doing things that make it seem like she is playing a game... For example liking all my instagram pics (I don't like any of hers), she picked me up from the airport when I asked her to, responds to my phone calls like c'mon!! I will admit when I first broke up with her I was acting clingy but I checked myself.... Also when I asked her I bet if I would have left you alone for these last two months we probably would be together and her response was "yea probably" like who says that... As I was told by someone "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Back
Top Bottom