Colorado Legalizes Mary Jane #ItHasBegun

This is pretty big.....

Oh, and please don't ban me. Idk what the rules say 
laugh.gif

http://www.mercurynews.com/health/ci_21944068/colorado-legalizes-recreational-use-and-sale-marijuana

-___- BUT MY MOLLY THREAD WAS SNIPED THOUGH

Good for Colorado heads, but my state ain't legalize . . .

Hopefully this just means more are coming soon

I made a thread on this at the same exact time lol.

This is crazy I was mind-blown when I found out. I'm hoping for NY and everywhere else to catch up.

Maybe they will when they see how much tax dollars it brings in.

Let's hope the white house stays lowkey and out of the mix. There's seriously no reason marijuana shouldn't be at least decriminalized in this country.

Can someone explain what exactly this means in layman's terms? What can and can't you do? (I'm "politically-illiterate" :lol: )

What are the chances Texas does the same? Probably none, huh? :lol:

Can someone explain what exactly this means in layman's terms? What can and can't you do? (I'm "politically-illiterate" :lol: )
Under Amendment 64, marijuana is taxed and regulated similar to alcohol and tobacco. It gives state and local governments the ability to control and tax the sale of small amounts of marijuana to adults age 21 and older. According to the Associated Press, analysts project that that tax revenue could generate somewhere between $5 million and $22 million a year in the state. An economist whose study was funded by a pro-pot group projects as much as a $60 million boost by 2017.

Its just a matter of time and other states will follow

I saw a really good doc on this on 60 min. 

They have tons of weed and weed drinks and food. it's great. i want to move there. 

this is awesome. hopefully cali does it also, so there is no medical card required..

texas i pray one day you do this too.. though i probably will be living back in LA by there..8)

Last edited:
Can someone explain what exactly this means in layman's terms? What can and can't you do? (I'm "politically-illiterate"
laugh.gif
)
What are the chances Texas does the same? Probably none, huh?
laugh.gif
Under Amendment 64, marijuana is taxed and regulated similar to alcohol and tobacco. It gives state and local governments the ability to control and tax the sale of small amounts of marijuana to adults age 21 and older. According to the Associated Press, analysts project that that tax revenue could generate somewhere between $5 million and $22 million a year in the state. An economist whose study was funded by a pro-pot group projects as much as a $60 million boost by 2017.
Its just a matter of time and other states will follow
So does this mean weed will be sold in like 7-11's or gas stations and ****?

And does this mean that dudes can still get arrested for selling considering that the state does not benefit if the tax is not paid?

And does this mean that corporations can start making marijuana on a large commercial scale, thus opening up the door for chemical tampering?

Those 21 and older can purchase up to 1 ounce at retail stores

Possession is legal, but not public use.

Adults can grow up to 6 plants in their homes.

like someone said "baby steps"

This is absolutely fantastic news. Colorado has become the forefront of the medicinal cannabis movement. A lot of the labs that do testing of strains are in Co. A lot of great farmers and a lot of patients out there as well.

I'm happy. I live in NY but I can see the small ripples that are creating the wave.

Back
Top Bottom