College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

IMO,

Jennings is gona pound the ball into the floor...unless Lute changes things...the kid will pass when he knows he can get an assist out of it.

I don't like him much as a PG, or actually...a player. But hopefully they can mold him down there into what he's capable of being.

Wise showed signs that he can run the show...now he has to go back to playing off the ball.

With that lineup there is going to be a lot of standing around and watching Chase or Jennings.

I say let Onobun or Horne start at the 4 and go small..Those 2 I actually like and offer some athleticism and can fill certain roles.
Wise will be the 1 most likely and Brandon the 2 I would think. And I completely agree I like him for what he is but I have a gut feeling he maydo exactly what you mentioned and pound the ball into the floor but Im hoping Lute can change that. As for Horne playing the 4 the reason he did not likeO'Neil is because he hated playing on the block and Lute has said that he's going to use him as a SF so that wont happen and frankly Onobun isn'tgood enough to start but can provide energy off the bench. Withey will be solid enough at center and with Hill moving to his natural position at the 4 heshould do really well this year.

SO you have a small %$$ backcourt with Jennings who is going to be a ball hog.

A front line that is going to be hot trash and cant guard ANYONE. withey in the starting line up?
roll.gif

and what the hell is air bud going to do different then what he did the last 2 years? NOTHING

UCLA troll my %$$ i just call it how i see it. and zona is a bunch of frauds and that team right there ant going to win !*%%. it wont help cause how did it help having them last year? didnt do NOTHING FOR YOU. team ant getting no better this year so them coming back wont help ONE BIT. take your homer shades of when you talk about zona some time and maybe you will see what just about everyone else sees.
You're just a hater if you think Hill is not solid. It's widely recognized that he was one of the nations most improved players last yearand will likely be a 1st round pick after this season. Also an idiot if you truly believe that Chase and Nic coming back isn't going to make the teambetter. You're making yourself sound real stupid right now.

Originally Posted by kylewatson3

Everyone is starting to hype Roscoe Smith lately, that is at least the third different article I have seen on him. I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve it or anything like that but I would like to see him go prove his worth on the AAU circuit, but that worked out for Thad Young a few years ago. But, the Maryland/ D.C. area has been putting out a lot of top flight talent the past few years.

Duke fans, have Plumlee coming in, but I wouldn't expect them to get any of the super big name guards right now like Stephenson, especially if Worldwide Wes gets involved. The reason being with K gone this summer and suppose to be focusing on the Olympics and Dawkins at Stanford, your next man in line is Wojo and Collins. Plus I think Reddick ended up hurting their recruiting more than helping in the long run. Many kids saw a guy that would be there for 4 years and then there was the fact that the offense centered around him so much and didn't allow other guards to show their abilities ala Jason Williams.

1. I really never thought Lance was coming....Was just a prayer.

2. The bolded part is why I REALLY wish J-Will would have took the Asst Coaching job this year instead of broadcasting. He would pay MAJOR didvendens.Hopefully Nate James will work out too...

3. Explain you're theory about Redick? I'm not completely understanding where you're coming from. So you're saying talented guards wouldNOT want to have an offense built around them a la JJ Redick??
nerd.gif

3. Explain you're theory about Redick? I'm not completely understanding where you're coming from. So you're saying talented guards would NOT want to have an offense built around them a la JJ Redick??
I kinda understand what dude was saying. It got to the point where it was like we didn't have an offensive set but rather ran everything baseoff of J and then Shelden. That 06-07 year hurt as well cause shhhh just looked all over the place with no real cohesion. Nobody stepped up that season andshowed that K's offense will allow you to shine. This new run and gun offense will help us retain a healthy stock of guards but won't do anything forus in regards to recruiting big men.

What does World Wide Wes do that's so illegal? I know he is basically a middle man for Calipari, but does he give these players lavish gifts? What'shis role? Alos, doesn't he have affiliation with Oregon as well?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

What does World Wide Wes do that's so illegal? I know he is basically a middle man for Calipari, but does he give these players lavish gifts? What's his role? Alos, doesn't he have affiliation with Oregon as well?

He basically guides kids towards certain schools....And he has affiliations to certain companies that stand to benefit greatly if these kids decide tofollow his direction...
I kinda understand what dude was saying. It got to the point where it was like we didn't have an offensive set but rather ran everything base off of J and then Shelden. That 06-07 year hurt as well cause shhhh just looked all over the place with no real cohesion. Nobody stepped up that season and showed that K's offense will allow you to shine. This new run and gun offense will help us retain a healthy stock of guards but won't do anything for us in regards to recruiting big men.
Yeah, but, w/ these kids today, their ego's and their desire to be 'The Man', wouldn't they look at that as a positive rather thana negative???

Originally Posted by dreClark

I got faith in K.....But, I need to see a big man commit. Thats all I want. Not really worried about guards, they come every year. But we need a big man in Durham. Cause then Kyle will be able to get buckets from his natural position and make things easier for Nolan/E/Greg/Gerald, etc...
b35351684873767f8f5c5b48a4e425c466e88fd.pjpg

I would love to see the next 10 years of Duke basketball being bad, then again coming from a St. John's fan idk if I could wish that on anybody.

I would love to see the next 10 years of Duke basketball being bad, then again coming from a St. John's fan idk if I could wish that on anybody.
misery loves company. The day we hit St. John's current status is the day I openly root for UNC. Ain't happenin'.
Yeah, but, w/ these kids today, their ego's and their desire to be 'The Man', wouldn't they look at that as a positive rather than a negative???
Again, our offense isn't suited towards big men. Look at McRoberts. This dude was a guard in a big man's body and couldn't get itdone in a system that suited him perfectly. A traditional big man who likes to bang would just degress in our current system and I think alot of dudes aretaking notice of that.

so Kerlew, you don't think our current style of play couldn't use a big banger who can run the court well, sort of like a Amare if we are indeedrunning a type of Suns Offense?

Someone like...hmmm...Derrick Favors?

I think the Plumlees were good pickups to give us a little post depth, but the issue hasn't been solved, we need to land a big-time big man. Our backcourtseems to be set for the next 3-4 years down the line.

so Kerlew, you don't think our current style of play couldn't use a big banger who can run the court well, sort of like a Amare if we are indeed running a type of Suns Offense?
That's the thing, we could most definitely use a big man of that caliber. It's just landing them is the issue. I mean, Monroe was theperfect big man for our new system and we see how that turned out. I don't know about Plumlee tho. Dude doesn't seem like your typical "bangdown low" big man. Ain't dude like 200 lbs soppin' wet?

Where did this talk of Budinger coming back for his Junior year come from?

Or is it some dude just letting out his dreams?

Oh, and for you Zona fans....spoke with Brandon's mom today....its not looking good for the kid

What does World Wide Wes do that's so illegal? I know he is basically a middle man for Calipari, but does he give these players lavish gifts? What's his role? Alos, doesn't he have affiliation with Oregon as well?

Not just Calipari...he is the guy that everyone goes to.

He has no affiliation with Oregon. Although he did help out with Malik Hariston's recruitment there...he got Nike to fly him out on the corporate jet (heflew on the AM95 jet), got him paid. He has done this for MANY other players as well.

He basically is the middle man of all middle men. The guy has no job title...he just knows everyone and is in good standing with everybody. He can get toanyone he wants. He doesn't give any players gifts, but he will make the call.

Ive met him about three times, the dude is the most inconspicuous man you have ever met....you have no idea who he is until you are introduced. He is the guyin the room who is conversing with everyone, and if you dont know who he is, you wonder who this random dude is talking with all the big time people.

What was the jump on BJ's test score?

And Wes is just one of those guys that makes the cycle work. I think it's hilarious that he'll funnel kids to adi schools yet discourage them fromsigning w/ adi once they go Pro.
laugh.gif

Oh, and for you Zona fans....spoke with Brandon's mom today....its not looking good for the kid
Like I said, the most reliable and respected poster on GOAZCATS. Could be false information but this poster has never given out faulty info inthe past.

As for Brandon obviously I haven't spoken with anyone directly as close as his mother but I don't see how passing a SAT would be a problem.

Originally Posted by dfresh244

Like I said, the most reliable and respected poster on GOAZCATS. Could be false information but this poster has never given out faulty info in the past.

As for Brandon obviously I haven't spoken with anyone directly as close as his mother but I don't see how passing a SAT would be a problem.

You serious? I mean, you seem to be a big college sports fan so I know you're not this naive....

Umm....If your dumb as %$#! or just cannot take standardized test (NOT saying he is dumb or whatever), then the SAT is a big hurdle.

Why the hell do you think all these kids in football/basketball go to Juco ????
Again, our offense isn't suited towards big men. Look at McRoberts. This dude was a guard in a big man's body and couldn't get it done in a system that suited him perfectly. A traditional big man who likes to bang would just degress in our current system and I think alot of dudes are taking notice of that.
Yeah, see I thought he was talking about GUARDS, not big men.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Uh oh....
What was the jump on BJ's test score?

I dunno exactly, but you have to figure it was a couple hundred points for it to get flagged....I mean honestly, you can't go from a 520 to a 1140 (forexample) w/o questions being asked...
That's the thing, we could most definitely use a big man of that caliber. It's just landing them is the issue. I mean, Monroe was the perfect big man for our new system and we see how that turned out. I don't know about Plumlee tho. Dude doesn't seem like your typical "bang down low" big man. Ain't dude like 200 lbs soppin' wet?
Both of the Plummee dudes are like 190-200 lbs.....

They need to be at that Cookout off Hillsborough EVERY NIGHT!
eek.gif
Son, you got all 3 within steps of one another right thereon Hillsborough, plus Chick-Fil-A and that pulled pork spot whose name is escaping me right now. On the way home we stoppin' at ABC liquors andpickin' up some drank'. Trust, I'd have them N's pushing a duece 50 in no time.

You got a Nuh' reminiscin' about late night munchies back in the day
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

They need to be at that Cookout off Hillsborough EVERY NIGHT!
eek.gif
Son, you got all 3 within steps of one another right there on Hillsborough, plus Chick-Fil-A and that pulled pork spot whose name is escaping me right now. On the way home we stoppin' at ABC liquors and pickin' up some drank'. Trust, I'd have them N's pushing a duece 50 in no time.

You got a Nuh' reminiscin' about late night munchies back in the day
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Word. And its a Wendys and a McDonalds over there too. _'s would get that weight up, but would definitely have high blood pressure, clogged arteries orsome %#!#....

But yeah, ain't nothing better than that post club run to cookout then back to the crib for whatever....Or hell, just to hit the afterparty....You knowhow you duke dudes do...

In them small %$@ brown apartments on west campus (I think, im not sure). Straight sweatbox, so chicks gotta come outside
pimp.gif

Boeheim on Wes..
"I don't have any clue what he does or how financially he benefits from this," Boeheim said. "I don't know. But he's just there. He's around. He knows all the pro guys, their agents, the sneaker people, the coaches, general managers, media people. There's no one he doesn't know."

He and Cal's relationship goes back to when Cal was an assistant to Larry Brown at Kansas....so it runs deeper than most.

I'd be content with Lance heading down there...I've always been a Cal guy and I think he'd do fine under him.

It's blatantly obvious Worldwide Wes/Cal have some tricks up their sleeves....He might be a great guy for all I know...but no man just helps these type ofkids out of the kindness of his heart.

"Inside" Scoop from Scout: Sources: Rivers Tells Crean He's Heading to IU
Date: May 26, 2008

Bloomington -Former Georgetown guard Jeremiah Rivers is headed to Bloomington. HoosierNation.com sources indicated that the 6-4, 205-pound guard told IU Coach Tom Crean today that he has picked the Hoosiers over Georgia Tech...

"He told the Star that the Hoyas' offense didn't showcase his talents."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Offense didn't showcase his talents?

Holy $*#%...honest to god I think I have a better offensive game than him.

But to his credit, he's one of the best defenders in the country, period.

Best of luck, he fit's in the Big 10....but idk how Crean plans on using him.

Wow.

What an IDIOT.

This guy is either scared as hell to take the next step or just wants to fade away once his game gets more exposed at the college level.

smh.gif

Guess being a Pro Volleyball player is the cool thing these days?

Back
Top Bottom