College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by The Lowa

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

I just hope Bayless & Budinger stay at Arizona
pimp.gif

They both are still deciding....
With Jennings playing the point Bayless will put up a lot of points playing off the ball

Why would Bayless come back to not play the point? If he wants to raise his stock by returning, he needs to show more playmaking ability, he already has proved that he can score.

And Budinger should return, his game is not where it needs to be.
The dude is already a top five pick no matter if he goes into to this draft or the next draft. I'm talking about a deep run in the NCAA tournment.With Jennings, Bayless, and Budinger they can go far. On top of that Lute is coming back and he is the man they wanted to play for of top.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Travis Ford to LSU per Pat Forde on Collin Cowherd earlier.

eek.gif
....If true Travis moving up the ranks quickly. Could never standthe weasel when he played but I like the way he coaches and lets his players play.

Calhoun doing his annual house cleaning? He usually sets players up first but that doesnt appear to be the case this time.

well....maybe not:

[h4]Search firm refutes report Travis Ford next LSU hoops coach

Posted by
http://blog.nola.com/lsusports/about.htmlBy Jim Kleinpeter, The Times Picayune April 02, 2008 10:46AM[/h4]
Dan Parker of Parker Executive Search denied Wednesday an ESPN report that LSU is prepared to name University of Massachusetts Coach Travis Ford as its next basketball coach.

"We're waiting on the new athletic director to be named today or tomorrow, then we'll engage with him," said Parker, whose firm was hired last week to assemble candidates and was also hired for the AD search. "There have been no interviews, but we have made some phone calls. LSU wants it to be an inclusive search."

ESPN.com's Pat Forde said on Colin Cowherd's ESPN Radio show that Ford, a former Kentucky player, was expected to be named the coach. UMass will play Ohio State in the finals of the NIT in New York Thursday.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

why the hell is Anthony Randolph 100 pound weighting @$% leaving LSU for the draft?

Somebody will take him first round....he won't do anything for a few years.

Ford would be a good hire, but I thought it was Grant then...................

Larry Brown to Providence...possible, but just a hunch
nerd.gif
....yes that LarryBrown....had been going and helping out Nova practices and wants back in coaching bad.

Bob Knight's going to be on Sportscenter...it'll be interesting to see what he says about Tom Crean/Indiana.

Ford would be a good hire, but I thought it was Grant then...................
Damn, they been talking for MONTHS about Anthony Grant... I figured he'd be the obvious choice for them...

Oklahoma State needs to jump all over him if LSU passes him up.

no way larry goes to providence......hawks if anything and he says he was just hanging out at nova partice and that was awhile ago i thought?

What the..is Montgomery to Cal official?
eek.gif
, or is it just speculation?

edit-nvm. saw it on yahoo. [marv albert] YES! [/marv albert]
pimp.gif

No he probably won't. And PC wouldn't throw that kinda money at anyone either....but I think they might have a talk or two.

Larry Brown wants back in.

The Philadelphia 76ers executive vice president, who has been out of coaching for two years since being fired by the New York Knicks, said Wednesday that hehopes to land a college or NBA head coaching job next season, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

"I've got to figure out if I can get a coaching job," Brown said. "I want to get back so bad. I'm so bored."

Brown, a member of the Basketball Hall of Fame who has coached teams to the NCAA Final Four and the NBA Finals, said it doesn't matter whether the nextopportunity is in college or the pros. He just wants to be back in the mix.

"Mo [Cheeks] has been great to me and allowed me to get involved," Brown said of the Sixers' coach, according to the Inquirer. "I just missit. I don't miss the games so much, but I miss being around the coaches and the players. I still have something to offer ... After my last experience [inNew York], I just want to go where I can do a better job and move forward."

Brown, hired by the 76ers in January of 2007, has been helping Cheeks evaluate players. He has also been a regular presence at Villanova practices, wherehe's been helping out Wildcats coach Jay Wright.

There aren't many job openings that would be suited for an older guy like him...Providence could be one. They had talked to Larranaga, so I don't thinkthey are looking for a young coach, because trying to build that program from scratch is tough. But their is talent coming back and perhaps and older, good,experienced coach could do some things

Now, Recruiting to Providence is damn near impossible, but he wants to teach, he could get a bunch of overlooked kids and overachieve with them for 2 or 3years, imo.

Sources: Louisville's Clark to enter NBA Draft

Louisville sophomore forward Earl Clark will declare for the NBA Draft, according to sources close to the program.

The versatile 6-foot-9 New Jersey native, who averaged 11.1 points and 8.1 rebounds this season, is still uncertain whether he'll sign with an agent.

One source told FOXSports.com that Louisville coach Rick Pitino received a first-round assessment from an NBA general manager.

One NBA executive told FOXSports.com on Friday night that Clark is a clear-cut first-rounder and could move his way into the lottery with strong workouts.

Clark came on strong late in the season, scoring in double-figures in each of the last five games. He scored 17 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in the Sweet 16 victory over Tennessee.

Clark has until June 16 to withdraw his name.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7991664/Sources:-Louisville's-Clark-to-enter-NBA-Draft

He'll be in the first round now.....as a fan of a Big East team, glad to see him go.

If he ever puts it altogether, he'll really be somethin...love his game.

^ Clark is a good player, will never be great. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time, never dominate.

18-22 range in the draft.

smh at monty. I'm so glad I'll be around for a while longer so I can give him the hell he deserves when he returns to maples. I can't believe hecrossed that line. I was really waiting for the day when johnson would get fired and monty could jump back in but he just had to go to the pit of evil andworthlessness of beserkeley

To the dude says stanley robinson is leaving, i really hope not, but his grades could end up being the end of him in storrs, but its everything but officialthat its kelly and wiggins gone, at least thats whats being said around campus

couple of things

also i read today in the new york post that bobby gonzlez of seton hall could be fired as early as next week. sounds like he really fell off with theadminstration

also malcolm grant of villanova will be transferring and it sounds like nova could be a leading candidate for tyreke evans but idk if that will change withmemphis being the championship

also i read today in the new york post that bobby gonzlez of seton hall could be fired as early as next week. sounds like he really fell off with the adminstration

You could call him the Joe Girardi of college hoops then
laugh.gif

IF that happens, St Johns better dump Norm asap

Kelly should have went to SU. Oh well.

Who do you think will fill the vacancy at OSU?

EDIT: Damn, Malc is transferring out? I knew it too after his time decreased. I wonder where he's going now. I gotta talk to him about this.

allen sad thing is sju isn't going to fire norm with the current adminstration

most likely the team will win 13-15 games and norm will be able to sell to the adminstration that this is improvement and next year when his sophmores becomejuniors they will be even better

despite the fact that nobody is signed nor will any of the elite new yorkers get signed

norm will be here for idk 5 more years

its a disaster for sure

you could only hope that the team doesn't win many games and the adminstatrion do the right thing and hire a top tier coach

Where are all the delusional 'Zona fans...????

April 5, 2008
[h1]Jerryd Bayless going pro[/h1]
Josh Gershon
GOAZCATS.com Senior Editor

Talk about it in Premium Hoops Suite: Inside McKale
[table][tr][td]
599882.jpg
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Associated Press[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jerryd Bayless is going pro.[/td] [/tr][/table]GOAZCATS.com has learned that Arizona freshman guard Jerryd Bayless will forgo his final three seasons of eligibility and enter the NBA Draft.

UA head coach Lute Olson confirmed the decision with GOAZCATS.com.

Bayless' decision has also been reported by Jeff Goodman of FoxSports.com.

As we've reported several times over the past week, Bayless has been heavily leaning towards leaving early, and he made his final decision last night andnotified the UA staff this morning.

Bayless averaged 19.7 points, 4.0 assists and 2.7 rebounds a game as a true freshman. NBA experts expect him to be drafted in the first half of the lottery.

He's expected to sign with an agent and not test the waters.

GOAZCATS.com will have more on Bayless' departure soon.

from what i've been hearing uconn curtis kelly and Louisville's edgar sosa are both to transfer to xavier and malcolm grant to either miami or kentucky

Back
Top Bottom