College Accepted Students Who had bad grades help me out lol (FAMU)

OK So here's the deal, I got accepted into FAMU (Florida A&M University) It wasnt a conditional exceptance is was flat out im in the school. But thisspring semester i slacked off terribly and my cumm. GPA dropped to a 1.9
sick.gif

yeah horrible, i know
so my question is when i send in my final transcripts that have this past semester's grades will they place me on some type of probation, or will they sayFORGET you and jus unaccept me?? is that possible???

Originally Posted by crazykicks4306

OK So here's the deal, I got accepted into FAMU (Florida A&M University) It wasnt a conditional exceptance is was flat out im in the school. But this spring semester i slacked off terribly and my cumm. GPA dropped to a 1.9
sick.gif

yeah horrible, i know
so my question is when i send in my final transcripts that have this past semester's grades will they place me on some type of probation, or will they say FORGET you and jus unaccept me?? is that possible???
Depending on the school.. they can put you on probation.. but they can also resend your application(deny you).

I would go with McDonalds on this one..
frown.gif

they could kick you out...for example i go to a UC, their policy is that you have to maintain at least a 3.0 your senior year of high school. but for real whatwere you doing? just doing all your hw alone in high school gets you at least like a C+ average...

your probably safe. Or they might put u on probation but who knows.

When I transferred I applied with my winter 08 Transcript for fall 09 semester. Then I preceded to slack off in the spring semester. My GPA fell 1 point Riskymove. But I still got accepted.
pimp.gif

I doubt FAMU will even bother to follow up. Just be prepared to be in a whole bunch of remedial classes your 1st semester.

Im at a junior college now but i did less than 30 credits so im going in as a first year, im thinking they judged off of my high school transcripts because myfirst college semester i only had like 6 units. and a 2.3 GPA. and i dropped to a 1.9. i never had anything above a 2.5 my first year in college. But highschool i held between 2.8-3.2 all the time
I dont even think i had to do the spring semester to be honest, because im pretty sure they would have told me some guidelines that stated what would happen ifmy GPA were to drop or something, correct i am.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Originally Posted by crazykicks4306

OK So here's the deal, I got accepted into FAMU (Florida A&M University) It wasnt a conditional exceptance is was flat out im in the school. But this spring semester i slacked off terribly and my cumm. GPA dropped to a 1.9
sick.gif

yeah horrible, i know
so my question is when i send in my final transcripts that have this past semester's grades will they place me on some type of probation, or will they say FORGET you and jus unaccept me?? is that possible???
Depending on the school.. they can put you on probation.. but they can also resend your application(deny you).

I would go with McDonalds on this one..
frown.gif
I've never been one to be the grammar police but this actually had me rolling...considering the topic at hand...re-send
laugh.gif

rescind btw

HBCUs are harsh with being over 2.0...

especially after a year, but usually its 2 semesters in a row in the red that they don't accept you back.

You could probably still get into FAMU with a 1.9.
laugh.gif

In all seriousness though, ride it out. If you're already accepted in the school, you probably need to send your final transcript only to confirm that youactually got a diploma. I'm sure FAMU could care less about your final grades. They want your money.

Back
Top Bottom