COBRA KAI - Karate Kid Sequel - Learn the Way of the Fist - S5 09/09/22

While not Cobra Kai related, SNL did a nod to the Karate Kid some years back and this showed up on my recommendations today.

I want to say he’s the standout of the young cast. That Tory girl is pretty good too, sometimes.
Xolo played his role great this season, he was going through alot mentally and you can feel his off ness and how unbalanced everything was.

The writing really caters to the nostalgia but also how ridiculous a karate war is but makes it entertaining

Xolo played his role great this season, he was going through alot mentally and you can feel his off ness and how unbalanced everything was.

The writing really caters to the nostalgia but also how ridiculous a karate war is but makes it entertaining

I totally agree on his acting this season. And yeah, you have to leave reality behind when watching Cobra Kai, lol. Got the smallest kids throwing kicks at each other :lol:

Just started S4, so I will come back through and read comments.

Early in S4 of Cobra Kai, Not sure if this mattered to others but I LOVE how they introduced the new Black boy and just HAD to have him dancing like a fool while waiting for the bus stop and then his FIRST experience in the school building showed dude in gym playing got damn basketball. I was like, "Forreal man?" Just give him ALL the typical things yall think black folks do.

Just finished the season. Kinda like the development of Robby’s character.
Also satisfying to see Kenny beat up Anthony LaPusso at the end

I wonder when we get season 5. From what I’ve read, they finished filming it a few months back. Would be cool to get it in the summer and wrap it up with season 6 April or May of next year.

The characters are getting older to where playing high school kids isn’t going to be believable much longer for some. I’m sure some are going to be working on other projects as well. I know Xolo is doing blue beatle.

I wonder when we get season 5. From what I’ve read, they finished filming it a few months back. Would be cool to get it in the summer and wrap it up with season 6 April or May of next year.

The characters are getting older to where playing high school kids isn’t going to be believable much longer for some. I’m sure some are going to be working on other projects as well. I know Xolo is doing blue beatle.
I can see them sitting on it for a while and not releasing season 5 until late fall/early winter (really hope they don't wait until December but nothing would surprise me). Kind of have similar thoughts on the character ages, just like Euphoria where many of the actors/actresses are getting into their mid 20s now and look far from HS age (the pandemic delaying filming didn't help either of course).

I can see them sitting on it for a while and not releasing season 5 until late fall/early winter (really hope they don't wait until December but nothing would surprise me). Kind of have similar thoughts on the character ages, just like Euphoria where many of the actors/actresses are getting into their mid 20s now and look far from HS age (the pandemic delaying filming didn't help either of course).

That wouldn’t surprise me. Covid did delay things as the first two seasons came out in May and April respectively, whereas season 3 didn’t come out until December 2020.

I was looking forward to season 4 after the ending to season 3. I’m curious to what direction they go with some of the characters in season 5. But admittedly I don’t have the intrigue I did about season 4 and then bringing Terry Silver back.

Just started S4, so I will come back through and read comments.

Early in S4 of Cobra Kai, Not sure if this mattered to others but I LOVE how they introduced the new Black boy and just HAD to have him dancing like a fool while waiting for the bus stop and then his FIRST experience in the school building showed dude in gym playing got damn basketball. I was like, "Forreal man?" Just give him ALL the typical things yall think black folks do.

Yea true him and then along with him dancing and playing a sport they even have him playing RPG video games and cosplaying which really took the black stereotyping over the top

Martin Kove is Sensei John Kreese on “Cobra Kai” and the “Karate Kid” trilogy, and has a great story about how he landed the role in the first place! He talks about the casts’ initial reaction to the “Karate Kid” script and movie, his then-wife’s review of the Kreese character, bringing Sensei Kreese back to the “Cobra Kai” series, and working with his son, Jesse on the show too. Martin also talks about his friendship and working relationship with Sylvester Stallone, his love of Westerns, and doing “Dancing With The Stars.” Plus, Martin and his son Jesse talk about the projects they’re filming together, and their new podcast, “Kicking It With The Koves,” which focuses on Cobra Kai & Karate Kid trilogy!

‎Talk Is Jericho: Sweeping The Leg with Martin Kove on Apple Podcasts

I'm nervous to see him in anything else or some wholesome role. Cause I only like Kreese.

Back
Top Bottom