Clinton Portis: Female reporters 'bound' to want players

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

"I've been playing ball for 10 years and I've never seen a female reporter dressed this way, respecting her is a must but enter our work environment the right way"
indifferent.gif
What a moron. There needs to be a statute of what a female reporter should wear in a professional football's work environment? 
laugh.gif

So if I worked for a corporation and everyone wears suits, ties, professional attire on an everyday basis and one day a female colleague comes in and her suit showed excessive cleavage, that by itself gives me a reason to harass her? 
eyes.gif

These moronic players need to realize Professional Football = a business.  You have to act and condone yourself professionally regardless what a female reporter wears. 
So asking her to dress in an appropriate manner makes him a moron? Not to mention the fact that he did say that she does deserve respect. She makes herself a target dressing like that. You mention how professional football is a business, but yet ignore the fact that this young woman is heading into that locker room do to her own job. You dress appropriately for these type of situations, as your not only representing the organization you work for, but yourself. As stated before, other female reporters partake in the same activities, dress properly for it and the players treat them with the respect they deserve. I'm not saying she deserves to be harassed, but shouldn't more be expected of someone who is going to carry out an interview in a professional environment?

Do you have a picture of what exactly she was wearing on the day of the incident?  This is a picture of her I found on USA Today.  Is this considered appropriate?  What if she wore this and was still harassed? 

brensainzx-large.jpg

So someone post exactly what this broad was wearing on that day so we can discuss what is appropriate and not appropriate to wear in an NFL player locker room.

Edit.. Found the picture

160963232-28c787c96b3f95c7b593ea6996a03f82.4c8d3848-full-e1284331444991.jpg

So what's everyone's take?  Does a female rocking this outfit in a NFL locker room deserve to be sexually harassed? 
Sainz said her choice of dress — dressed in tight jeans, high heels and a low-cut blouse — was appropriate because, "I dressed as I would for my show."

"I didn't dress a certain way thinking, 'What if I dress like this?' " she said. "My outfit wasn't 'bad.' I am a woman. I was not dressing for provocation. I wanted to look nice for my audience and the show."

Also note that Azteca TV women reporters are dressed in this manner all the time.  The description of her attire is common in Spanish television because that is what her audience wants to see. 

Again it all boils down to this mentality... "that girl is dress like a skank so she deserves to be rapped." 

"I've been playing ball for 10 years and I've never seen a female reporter dressed this way, respecting her is a must but enter our work environment the right way"
indifferent.gif
What a moron. There needs to be a statute of what a female reporter should wear in a professional football's work environment? 
laugh.gif

So if I worked for a corporation and everyone wears suits, ties, professional attire on an everyday basis and one day a female colleague comes in and her suit showed excessive cleavage, that by itself gives me a reason to harass her? 
eyes.gif

These moronic players need to realize Professional Football = a business.  You have to act and condone yourself professionally regardless what a female reporter wears. 
So asking her to dress in an appropriate manner makes him a moron? Not to mention the fact that he did say that she does deserve respect. She makes herself a target dressing like that. You mention how professional football is a business, but yet ignore the fact that this young woman is heading into that locker room do to her own job. You dress appropriately for these type of situations, as your not only representing the organization you work for, but yourself. As stated before, other female reporters partake in the same activities, dress properly for it and the players treat them with the respect they deserve. I'm not saying she deserves to be harassed, but shouldn't more be expected of someone who is going to carry out an interview in a professional environment?
Do you have a picture of what exactly she was wearing on the day of the incident?  This is a picture of her I found on USA Today.  Is this considered appropriate?  What if she wore this and was still harassed? 

brensainzx-large.jpg

So someone post exactly what this broad was wearing on that day so we can discuss what is appropriate and not appropriate to wear in an NFL player locker room.

Edit.. Found the picture

So what's everyone's take?  Does a female rocking this outfit in a NFL locker room deserve to be sexually harassed? 
Sainz said her choice of dress — dressed in tight jeans, high heels and a low-cut blouse — was appropriate because, "I dressed as I would for my show."

"I didn't dress a certain way thinking, 'What if I dress like this?' " she said. "My outfit wasn't 'bad.' I am a woman. I was not dressing for provocation. I wanted to look nice for my audience and the show."

Also note that Azteca TV women reporters are dressed in this manner all the time.  The description of her attire is common in Spanish television because that is what her audience wants to see. 

Again it all boils down to this mentality... "that girl is dress like a skank so she deserves to be rapped." 

laugh.gif
I think it's obvious who the moron is here.

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

brensainzx-large.jpg

Edit.. Found the picture

laugh.gif
I think it's obvious who the moron is here.

A quote from my RA at my dorm..

I want to be a reporter for ESPN, my dream is to marry a football player or a baseball player. Baseball players last longer though..

A quote from my RA at my dorm..

I want to be a reporter for ESPN, my dream is to marry a football player or a baseball player. Baseball players last longer though..

If I saw her at work I would be likely to say something...may not make it HR worthy,but she is dressed sexy in a room full of men...she should tone it down and wear that when she is in studio maybe....nothing wrong with her getting attention when her clothing is screaming for it

If I saw her at work I would be likely to say something...may not make it HR worthy,but she is dressed sexy in a room full of men...she should tone it down and wear that when she is in studio maybe....nothing wrong with her getting attention when her clothing is screaming for it

Why do you think the audience wants to see that though? It's not for innocent reasons
laugh.gif
It's not like they place less emphasis on it; the audience wants to see T+A and that's what they get.

And if she was wearing jeans that tight and a low cut top that's NOT dressed professionally. Even if she was dressed formally in office wear, if the clothes fit like that it's not appropriate for the workplace. Especially when part of your workplace is a damn football locker room.

Why do you think the audience wants to see that though? It's not for innocent reasons
laugh.gif
It's not like they place less emphasis on it; the audience wants to see T+A and that's what they get.

And if she was wearing jeans that tight and a low cut top that's NOT dressed professionally. Even if she was dressed formally in office wear, if the clothes fit like that it's not appropriate for the workplace. Especially when part of your workplace is a damn football locker room.

This just proves that Clinton Portis truly is a CLOWN.  He's messing up the game for everybody else.  

This just proves that Clinton Portis truly is a CLOWN.  He's messing up the game for everybody else.  

Originally Posted by MrBojangles202

I was listening to the show when he cam live on air. Could this whole issue be even more irrelevant?? Hopefully the League will just drop the whole issue and stop trying to censor EVERYTHING that these players say. Maintaining an image is one thing, but it was pretty clear that Portis was referring to the floozy reporters that around. Even if he wasn't, he indicates no one by name and gives a slight opinion.

But hell.. just let her sex tape drop already, that figure doesn't need a lot of pre-release promotion.

laugh.gif
@ S ex tape

Originally Posted by MrBojangles202

I was listening to the show when he cam live on air. Could this whole issue be even more irrelevant?? Hopefully the League will just drop the whole issue and stop trying to censor EVERYTHING that these players say. Maintaining an image is one thing, but it was pretty clear that Portis was referring to the floozy reporters that around. Even if he wasn't, he indicates no one by name and gives a slight opinion.

But hell.. just let her sex tape drop already, that figure doesn't need a lot of pre-release promotion.

laugh.gif
@ S ex tape

Back
Top Bottom