Clinton Portis: Female reporters 'bound' to want players

that chick would get 'cat-calls' at tee-ball games, high school football games, and WNBA locker rooms... i dont know why people are acting so surprised...

that chick would get 'cat-calls' at tee-ball games, high school football games, and WNBA locker rooms... i dont know why people are acting so surprised...

How is he wrong?

If it were a male reporter in a room with hella volleyball players it would be the same thing ...

The media stay blowing things out of proportion.

How is he wrong?

If it were a male reporter in a room with hella volleyball players it would be the same thing ...

The media stay blowing things out of proportion.

portistapef.jpg

Thursday was Clinton Portis’(notes) day to explain hisinflammatory comments about women reporters. He didn’t.
Asked about his remarks at his weekly media availability, the WashingtonRedskins running back stood at his locker and held up messages written on aspiral notebook.

Do you wish you’d never said it? “NO COMMENT

"I've been playing ball for 10 years and I've never seen a female reporter dressed this way, respecting her is a must but enter our work environment the right way"
indifferent.gif
What a moron. There needs to be a statute of what a female reporter should wear in a professional football's work environment? 
laugh.gif

So if I worked for a corporation and everyone wears suits, ties, professional attire on an everyday basis and one day a female colleague comes in and her suit showed excessive cleavage, that by itself gives me a reason to harass her? 
eyes.gif

These moronic players need to realize Professional Football = a business.  You have to act and condone yourself professionally regardless what a female reporter wears. 

"I've been playing ball for 10 years and I've never seen a female reporter dressed this way, respecting her is a must but enter our work environment the right way"
indifferent.gif
What a moron. There needs to be a statute of what a female reporter should wear in a professional football's work environment? 
laugh.gif

So if I worked for a corporation and everyone wears suits, ties, professional attire on an everyday basis and one day a female colleague comes in and her suit showed excessive cleavage, that by itself gives me a reason to harass her? 
eyes.gif

These moronic players need to realize Professional Football = a business.  You have to act and condone yourself professionally regardless what a female reporter wears. 

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Working in an office isn't the same as working in a locker room
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Working in an office isn't the same as working in a locker room
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

So asking her to dress in an appropriate manner makes him a moron? Not to mention the fact that he did say that she does deserve respect. She makes herself a target dressing like that. You mention how professional football is a business, but yet ignore the fact that this young woman is heading into that locker room do to her own job. You dress appropriately for these type of situations, as your not only representing the organization you work for, but yourself. As stated before, other female reporters partake in the same activities, dress properly for it and the players treat them with the respect they deserve. I'm not saying she deserves to be harassed, but shouldn't more be expected of someone who is going to carry out an interview in a professional environment?

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

So asking her to dress in an appropriate manner makes him a moron? Not to mention the fact that he did say that she does deserve respect. She makes herself a target dressing like that. You mention how professional football is a business, but yet ignore the fact that this young woman is heading into that locker room do to her own job. You dress appropriately for these type of situations, as your not only representing the organization you work for, but yourself. As stated before, other female reporters partake in the same activities, dress properly for it and the players treat them with the respect they deserve. I'm not saying she deserves to be harassed, but shouldn't more be expected of someone who is going to carry out an interview in a professional environment?

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

Do you have a picture of what exactly she was wearing on the day of the incident?  This is a picture of her I found on USA Today.  Is this considered appropriate?  What if she wore this and was still harassed? 

brensainzx-large.jpg

So someone post exactly what this broad was wearing on that day so we can discuss what is appropriate and not appropriate to wear in an NFL player locker room.

Edit.. Found the picture

160963232-28c787c96b3f95c7b593ea6996a03f82.4c8d3848-full-e1284331444991.jpg

So what's everyone's take?  Does a female rocking this outfit in a NFL locker room deserve to be sexually harassed? 
Sainz said her choice of dress — dressed in tight jeans, high heels and a low-cut blouse — was appropriate because, "I dressed as I would for my show."

"I didn't dress a certain way thinking, 'What if I dress like this?' " she said. "My outfit wasn't 'bad.' I am a woman. I was not dressing for provocation. I wanted to look nice for my audience and the show."

Also note that Azteca TV women reporters are dressed in this manner all the time.  The description of her attire is common in Spanish television because that is what her audience wants to see. 

Again it all boils down to this mentality... "that girl is dress like a skank so she deserves to be rapped." 

Back
Top Bottom