Class of 2005, what are you up to right now? vol. inspired by that other thread

Originally Posted by BlazeKicks

Congrats. I'm still in college and working full time
laugh.gif

This.

Just graduated from college, realized my major was nothing i wanted to do ( sit in a office while taking orders, and trying to work my way up the corporate ladder) So im going back to school. Sucks to be unemployed, and moved back home after i graduated. Like a double downer, but o well after watching the Big Lebowski over 100x in college i realized that life goes on dude, strikes and gutters.

Just graduated from college, realized my major was nothing i wanted to do ( sit in a office while taking orders, and trying to work my way up the corporate ladder) So im going back to school. Sucks to be unemployed, and moved back home after i graduated. Like a double downer, but o well after watching the Big Lebowski over 100x in college i realized that life goes on dude, strikes and gutters.

took a year off after graduation. bout to start grad school at Univ of Penn for counseling. looking forward to the women and parties.

took a year off after graduation. bout to start grad school at Univ of Penn for counseling. looking forward to the women and parties.

Originally Posted by oidreez

working a govt job
me too. sucks. majored in Finance took me a 7 months to find a job that has nothing to do with my degree.

Originally Posted by oidreez

working a govt job
me too. sucks. majored in Finance took me a 7 months to find a job that has nothing to do with my degree.

Graduated from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County w/ a BS in Biology, minor in psychology. I just started my 2nd year of an MD/PhD program in NY. Life is good.

Graduated from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County w/ a BS in Biology, minor in psychology. I just started my 2nd year of an MD/PhD program in NY. Life is good.

Just graduated a few weeks ago. I got a job within my major (real estate) and now I'm just trying to hustle as hard as I can and make enough to be truly self sufficent. I had to move back home to Houston and in with my mom but there are fantastic advancement opportunities at my job so I was willing to do what I had to to get where I want to be. Good luck to the rest of you guys in school and as you begin your careers.

Just graduated a few weeks ago. I got a job within my major (real estate) and now I'm just trying to hustle as hard as I can and make enough to be truly self sufficent. I had to move back home to Houston and in with my mom but there are fantastic advancement opportunities at my job so I was willing to do what I had to to get where I want to be. Good luck to the rest of you guys in school and as you begin your careers.

still in college... working part time as a teller at the bank, sitting on the board at my colleges student union, volunteering as a basketball coach... all stuff I could have been doing 3 years ago...

still in college... working part time as a teller at the bank, sitting on the board at my colleges student union, volunteering as a basketball coach... all stuff I could have been doing 3 years ago...

Originally Posted by RC103DC

nice
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RC103DC

nice
pimp.gif

Graduated college in 2009 with a Sociology major/ Business Management minor and currently working in HR in the health care field. Not the most exciting job, but it pays the bills and i am grateful to be working while 70% of my fellow college friends are still unemployed.

Graduated college in 2009 with a Sociology major/ Business Management minor and currently working in HR in the health care field. Not the most exciting job, but it pays the bills and i am grateful to be working while 70% of my fellow college friends are still unemployed.

I am 3 credits short of my B.A. in English ...

All I'm missing is internship credits. I'm trying to land something writing for a publication for the fall.

I would love to have a career in journalism or writing somehow (Dream job--covering a sports beat), but I know how bleak my industry is looking right now... 

I already started thinking about plan B 
frown.gif

I am 3 credits short of my B.A. in English ...

All I'm missing is internship credits. I'm trying to land something writing for a publication for the fall.

I would love to have a career in journalism or writing somehow (Dream job--covering a sports beat), but I know how bleak my industry is looking right now... 

I already started thinking about plan B 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom