Chris Bosh says that he wont sign an extension with the Raptors...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Let's say it's something like Josh Howard, Erick Dampier, Jerry Stackhouse, and the rights to #22 for Bosh, Kapono, and Banks...
Done.
pimp.gif

See, I think that's close to what they could reasonably expect right now... It feels a little high, but I think that's about where the Raptorswould want to start conversations, with the Mavs or whatever other team trying to bargain down from there...

I think the potential returns drop drastically as the offseason comes to a close, rebound some early on as teams struggling out the gate panic a little (aroundthe time we saw the Iverson/Billups swap), and then start to tumble back down gradually as the trade deadline approaches... I don't think it'll ever behigher than it will be on draft night... Everybody in the league has geared towards that 2010 market, and everybody knows pretty well which franchises guyslike Bosh, Wade, LeBron, and Carmelo will realistically consider if/when they reach that free agent market... You can all but eliminate teams that know Boshwouldn't re-sign with them at that point, probably at least 20+ teams off the top... And then I just wonder how many of the remaining teams (the ones thatBosh would actually consider re-signing with) will be willing to trade anything of value for a guy they know they have a real shot at 3 or 4 months down theroad without giving up anything...

For me, the longer they wait, the less they get... Strike while the iron is hot, and get somebody to take on one or both of those contracts...

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

the heat will give you guys blount, quinn, anthony.....
chalmers
wade
beasley
bosh
J.O
roll.gif

If Toronto takes that I would
laugh.gif
. They get no future picks, young players or anything.

Dude, the VC trade was almost equivalent (that's cause the trades didn't end up producing)

pick + Eric Williams + Aaron Williams + Alonzo (AWOL)

Back
Top Bottom