**CHIEF KEEF**

I agree that it's more than rap beef, but their rap songs probably had something to do with them getting killed nah? I find this **** disgusting honestly, seeing how little these young dudes value life is crazy... Just a question for any of you guys who grew up in the southside, how hard is it to NOT be in a gang out there? Are most of these kids gang banging cause they were forced to or cause they wanna

It's a way of life.

Gang life is so rooted in the city, that you can't escape it.

If you didn't get in a gang , you got family that is in a gang .. Your neighborhood is gang turf.

You can't go to certain hoods, cuz you may live in a rival area even if you're not a gang member.

You can't fully escape that **** unless you move.

Kendrick said it best .. "I was never a gangbanger but I wasn't a stranger to the funk either.."

Last edited:
I agree that it's more than rap beef, but their rap songs probably had something to do with them getting killed nah? I find this **** disgusting honestly, seeing how little these young dudes value life is crazy... Just a question for any of you guys who grew up in the southside, how hard is it to NOT be in a gang out there? Are most of these kids gang banging cause they were forced to or cause they wanna

It's a way of life.

Gang life is so rooted in the city, that you can't escape it.

If you didn't get in a gang , you got family that is in a gang .. Your neighborhood is gang turf.

You can't go to certain hoods, cuz you may live in a rival area even if you're not a gang member.

You can't fully escape that **** unless you move.

Kendrick said it best .. "I was never a gangbanger but I wasn't a stranger to the funk either.."

This man knows...

If you are not from Chicago you probably will never understand. It is more than rap beef
The gang culture here has BEEN here and it is a way of life for majority of kids & teens in the city

& no Cook County didn't ban guns that will be unconstitutional (see 2nd amendment)

Marc had money on his head so did Jojo

Him too...

Last edited:
Durk has really separated himself musically not that he's dropping crazy bars, but flow wise, staying on the beat, not mumbling.

Herb
Bibby
Louie
Durk

The rest of them are just interchangeable.

Last edited:
Durk gonna progress faster then most of the Chiraq artist cause he has good mentors around him, Diddy gave em game

He working on a new tape!!

Durk has really separated himself musically not that he's dropping crazy bars, but flow wise, staying on the beat, not mumbling.

Herb
Bibby
Louie
Durk

The rest of them are just interchangeable.
The top 4 from chicago

Hate on his work ethic and/or the fact you don't agree with him still being in the streets... From top to bottom you can't keep Lil Reese out of the top four; flow, hooks, replay value, charisma, etc. he got it all.

These other cats ya'll naming don't have more than 3 songs I can go back to a couple months down the road and still bump like it just dropped yesterday word to "BAD"

Hate on his work ethic and/or the fact you don't agree with him still being in the streets... From top to bottom you can't keep Lil Reese out of the top four; flow, hooks, replay value, charisma, etc. he got it all.

These other cats ya'll naming don't have more than 3 songs I can go back to a couple months down the road and still bump like it just dropped yesterday word to "BAD"
Yea them ****** music is terrible. I your music isn't good then technical skill doesnt mater (which neither have in the first place IMO)

Both my cousins were born and raised on the southside(90th and Euclid) and didn't join no gangs. And I know plenty of other people down there that didn't. No saying that a lot of kids don't get forced into it by fam, but if you decide early on that you want to go about life a different way and make something of yourself, even thugs respect the guy with dreams and sometimes even tell you to tighten up if they see you falling off track.

If you are not from Chicago you probably will never understand. It is more than rap beef
The gang culture here has BEEN here and it is a way of life for majority of kids & teens in the city

& no Cook County didn't ban guns that will be unconstitutional (see 2nd amendment)

Both my cousins were born and raised on the southside(90th and Euclid) and didn't join no gangs. And I know plenty of other people down there that didn't. No saying that a lot of kids don't get forced into it by fam, but if you decide early on that you want to go about life a different way and make something of yourself, even thugs respect the guy with dreams and sometimes even tell you to tighten up if they see you falling off track.

While there is definitely some truth to what you're saying, 90th and Euclid is literally one of the best neighborhoods on the entire South Side of Chicago and is by no means a "rough" area :lol:

It's good to be able to come home to block that they aren't shooting on, but your naive to think nothing can happen going to the store, gas station etc...people do leave their block.

Aren't you from Minnesota anyway or am I trippin.

Last edited:
It's good to be able to come home to block that they aren't shooting on, but your naive to think nothing can happen going to the store, gas station etc...people do leave their block.

Aren't you from Minnesota anyway or am I trippin.

Of course things can happen in public spaces anywhere and where your cousins are from is a very nice area but not that far from the hood. My point was that to compare them growing up in Pill Hill (which earned its nickname because it's known as an enclave for black doctors and other upper-class professionals) to Keef, Reese, and the rest of these guys growing up in Englewood, Washington Park, Woodlawn, Grand Crossing, etc. is nowhere near the same thing :lol:. That's not intended to dismiss your cousins' success, I'm happy to hear they're doing their thing :smokin

And yeah, I grew up in Minneapolis. I've been in Chicago for almost a decade now, living on the South Side and working with "at-risk" youth from the neighborhoods I mentioned above...

1 of Reese best joints

Keef need to go back to that flow

twista  
smokin.gif

Of course things can happen in public spaces anywhere and where your cousins are from is a very nice area but not that far from the hood. My point was that to compare them growing up in Pill Hill (which earned its nickname because it's known as an enclave for black doctors and other upper-class professionals) to Keef, Reese, and the rest of these guys growing up in Englewood, Washington Park, Woodlawn, Grand Crossing, etc. is nowhere near the same thing :lol:. That's not intended to dismiss your cousins' success, I'm happy to hear they're doing their thing :smokin

And yeah, I grew up in Minneapolis. I've been in Chicago for almost a decade now, living on the South Side and working with "at-risk" youth from the neighborhoods I mentioned above...

What are your thoughts on cease fire, have they been making a difference?

Call me a hater all you want, but Fredo is hot basura. That is all 
nerd.gif
 Every song he got that I like, I'll be feeling it for the first 30 seconds until he starts rapping. And don't get me started on his hooks.

Last edited:

What are your thoughts on cease fire, have they been making a difference?

CeaseFire is cool, but they are not the proverbial "silver bullet" for reducing violence that they claim to be. I read the evaluation that some top criminologists from Northwestern did on the program and, despite the authors' clear intentions to place CeaseFire in the best possible light, the evaluation revealed that the model was only somewhat effective - that it worked in some areas but not in others. The way that CeaseFire talks about this evaluation, however, you would think the program had a universally positive and significant impact. The reality is it does not.

From a personal standpoint, I have worked with CeaseFire in various capacities and have friends and mentors that work for the organization. However, their model is based on what is, at this point, a fairly flawed premise - that the "OGs" can stop the violence occurring on the streets among younger gang members. The model was first developed in the 1990s, when gang leaders exercised a tremendous degree of control over lower-ranking members. That is no longer the case, however, so their model is outdated and, thus, problematic in many ways.

In my eyes, CeaseFire can be one component of a broader comprehensive approach to reducing violence in Chicago that includes, more importantly, addressing the structural marginalization facing so many of the city's poor black and Latino youth...

What would you say, besides gang culture, are the reasons for the crime and poverty rates found in my of the south,west, and east areas of Chicago? Lack of job opportunities, poor schools, lack of family structure?

What would you say, besides gang culture, are the reasons for the crime and poverty rates found in my of the south,west, and east areas of Chicago? Lack of job opportunities, poor schools, lack of family structure?

Of course.

But that's with any urban city.

If it isn't gang life that keep kids trapped like Chicago , then its the drug life and that is in every hood.

I just think Chicago is a unique situation cuz its soooooo many young kids (14-17) in a MAJOR city with bodies. Like real life savage ****.

These youngster don't have anything to live for, cuz they have been ignored for so long.

Last edited:

While there is definitely some truth to what you're saying, 90th and Euclid is literally one of the best neighborhoods on the entire South Side of Chicago and is by no means a "rough" area :lol:

An they don't come from where I come from they weren't born a Savage. (Nawwwww)

***** didn't pay his electric bill? Or there's just that many people in the house?

Either way .. these ****** are wild.

Live wire mogs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom