Chicago Bulls @ L.A. Lakers 11/18

Like to see the win, but that's two bigs gettin hurt at the same time.
indifferent.gif

I can't go thru this injury stuff again, come on man, no more injuries.

Ska on point about Kobe. I've never understood how such a smart guy has yet to figure out how to grab a media guy, turn the camera on and then just sayall the right words the way he should. It's not that hard, I just don't get it. But, he's doin well right now and he's playing hard. That's all we can ask so I'm happy with that. Jordan and Bynum lookin real good these days, let's get the next one and keep it going.

Glad to see the lakers know how to finish games. Good win for us.
Onto the roadtrip......................

Kwame Bum.
indifferent.gif

So typical of him. Play a few games, get injured, "rest" for 10 games. Its the same cycle over and over again. I really think this guy needs to getwaived, traded or killed immediately.

Damn BUM.

^^^At least his contract is up this year. I hope the lakers don't re-sign him. But I bet mitch will sign him
frown.gif

I can't believe that even with Kirk Hinrich guarding him, Brian Cook still couldn't go into the low block to post up. The Lakers staff wasn't evencalling any plays from the sideline for Cook to go post up.

Chicago was just awful shooting the basketball in the 2nd half. The third quarter was crucial. Chicago came out cold, then Skiles went to that game killing 3guard lineup with Hinrich, Duhon, and Gordon.

Originally Posted by edd247

^^^At least his contract is up this year. I hope the lakers don't re-sign him. But I bet mitch will sign him
frown.gif

Knowing Mitch, that stupid bastard would probably do that.
indifferent.gif

"As for my Laker it was great seeing the "BENCH MOB" come up big tonight "

that bench mob name is LAME. Thats what the kings use to call their bench..

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Oh %#$@, that means we're going to be a high scoring, no defense, choke in the playoffs type team. We need to change that name quick. Somebody dosomething.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Well, it was the actual Laker bench who came up with that name. So blame them for it.
laugh.gif

Just saw a good point on ESPN. We have three straight nice wins, but they are against the Rockets without McGrady, Det without Billups, and Chi without Deng. I hope we aren't getting ahead of ourselves.
frown.gif

^ Enh, good point.

But if the LeCavs had done the same thing, ESPN wouldn't mention the absence of those guys.

CP1708 wrote:
Just saw a good point on ESPN. We have three straight nice wins, but they are against the Rockets without McGrady, Det without Billups, and Chi without Deng. I hope we aren't getting ahead of ourselves.
frown.gif

I have all three of those guys on my fantasy team
frown.gif
, but Idon't care because we won. Lets see how we do on this road trip without two bigs.

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

Mamba likes to be center of attention, so he goes out and tries to make some highlight plays and chest bumps Bynum on an Alley-oop fast break, and taunts the Bulls bench by doing a Jordan back peddle. Game over by halftime.

not even close sucka
roll.gif

frown.gif

The Rockets game was closer when Mac went down, the Detroit game the Lakers had Cook in the starting lineup, and the Bulls game they were missingTuriaf and Kwame went down in the 1st. Yea it's Kwame but still...that's two starters out for the game.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Kwame Bum.
indifferent.gif

So typical of him. Play a few games, get injured, "rest" for 10 games. Its the same cycle over and over again. I really think this guy needs to get waived, traded or killed immediately.

Damn BUM.

Damn, lay off of him. You say it as if he forced Ben to fall into and under him. I would MUCH rather have Kwame than Chris Mihm. Mihm has to be one ofthe dumbest players in the league. He always gets offensive fouls called on him and looks lost all the time.

Everybody will downgrade the Lakers progress. The fact of the matter is this, the bench is performing consistant. Even when we were winning early last year thebench wasn't doing as well as it is now.

We'll suprise people and with the right seed in the playoffs we have a shot.

^ bench is consistent game in game out....Hollinger rankings got them at 3rd...

Hollinger's NBA Power Rankings

REGULAR SEASON RANKINGS (2007-08)

Teams 1-15 | Teams 16-30 | Intro | Method | FAQ | Comment | Send to friend
See also: Marc Stein's Weekly NBA Power Rankings (Each Monday)

RATING = (((SOS-0.5)/0.037)*0.67) + (((SOSL10-0.5)/0.037)*0.33) + 100 + (0.67*(MARG+(((ROAD-HOME)*3.5)/(GAMES))) +
(0.33*(MARGL10+(((ROADL10-HOMEL10)*3.5)/(10)))))

SOS = Season Win/Loss percentage of team's opponents, expressed as a decimal (e.g., .500)
SOSL10 = Season Win/Loss percentage of team's last 10 opponents, expressed as a decimal (e.g., .500)
MARG = Team's average scoring margin
MARGL10 = Team's average scoring margin over the last 10 games
HOME = Team's home games
HOMEL10 = Team's home games over the last 10 games
ROAD = Team's road games
ROADL10 = Team's road games over the last 10 games
GAMES = Team's total games

Hide Formula
[table][tr][td]
Next >
2007-2008 Hollinger Power Rankings | Method | Send [/td] [/tr][tr][td]HOLLINGER RANK[/td] [td]RATING[/td] [td]RECORD[/td] [td]MARGIN[/td] [td]SOS[/td] [td]REC (L10)[/td] [td]MAR (L10)[/td] [td]SOS (L10)[/td] [td]STREAK[/td] [td]DIV[/td] [td]CONF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
1 1111
[/td] [td]113.539[/td] [td]8-1[/td] [td]+13.22[/td] [td].526[/td] [td]8-1[/td] [td]+13.22[/td] [td].526[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]1st[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Prev Rnk: 1 | Prev Rat: 114.106 | Lst Game: @ORL, L 102-104 | Nxt 3: GS (Wed), LAL (Fri), @CHA (Sat)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Full Schedule | Injuries | Transactions | Hollinger Stats[/td] [/tr][tr][td]rajonrondomvp17
When you are playing that good of defense and have the offensive options that the Celtics have playing an Inside-and-Out game, you will win a lot of games.

Submit and read comments about this team
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]HOLLINGER RANK[/td] [td]RATING[/td] [td]RECORD[/td] [td]MARGIN[/td] [td]SOS[/td] [td]REC (L10)[/td] [td]MAR (L10)[/td] [td]SOS (L10)[/td] [td]STREAK[/td] [td]DIV[/td] [td]CONF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
2 2222
[/td] [td]109.614[/td] [td]9-2[/td] [td]+9.09[/td] [td].483[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]+8.60[/td] [td].488[/td] [td]Won 5[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]1st[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Prev Rnk: 2 | Prev Rat: 109.341 | Lst Game: @MIN, W 100-82 | Nxt 3: ORL (Mon), IND (Wed), @UTA (Fri)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Full Schedule | Injuries | Transactions | Hollinger Stats[/td] [/tr][tr][td]BKPlatinum777
When are David West and Tyson Chandler going to get their due praise? They deserve it.

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]HOLLINGER RANK[/td] [td]RATING[/td] [td]RECORD[/td] [td]MARGIN[/td] [td]SOS[/td] [td]REC (L10)[/td] [td]MAR (L10)[/td] [td]SOS (L10)[/td] [td]STREAK[/td] [td]DIV[/td] [td]CONF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3 3333
[/td] [td]108.246[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]+6.33[/td] [td].613[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]+6.33[/td] [td].613[/td] [td]Won 3[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]6th[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Prev Rnk: 6 | Prev Rat: 107.185 | Lst Game: CHI, W 106-78 | Nxt 3: @IND (Tues), @MIL (Wed), @BOS (Fri)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Full Schedule | Injuries | Transactions | Hollinger Stats[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Futuregmla
Their bench is playing well but can they beat the good teams consistently? The game against Phoenix might have been a fluke, but I am really liking the progression of some of these young players.

4 4444
[/td] [td]108.057[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]+7.50[/td] [td].547[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]+7.50[/td] [td].547[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Prev Rnk: 3 | Prev Rat: 107.765 | Lst Game: HOU, W 90-84 | Nxt 3: @ATL (Tues), ORL (Wed), MEM (Fri)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Full Schedule | Injuries | Transactions | Hollinger Stats[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jayso27
Celtics fans remember who the REAL Big 3 are ... Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli. See you in the Finals.

5 5555
[/td] [td]107.491[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]+9.10[/td] [td].440[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]+9.10[/td] [td].440[/td] [td]Won 5[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]4th[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Prev Rnk: 4 | Prev Rat: 107.635 | Lst Game: NY, W 115-83 | Nxt 3: CHI (Tues), @LAC (Wed), MIN (Fri)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Full Schedule | Injuries | Transactions | Hollinger Stats[/td] [/tr][tr][td]mrcheivous
If they can play defense every night like they did against NY on Saturday then they should be considered a contender. History, however, tells us that the Nuggets are not capable of consistency.

6 6666
[/td] [td]107.333[/td] [td]9-2[/td] [td]+7.18[/td] [td].505[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]+6.00[/td] [td].500[/td] [td]Won 4[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Prev Rnk: 5 | Prev Rat: 107.586 | Lst Game: BOS, W 104-102 | Nxt 3: @NOR (Mon), @SA (Wed), CHA (Fri)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Full Schedule | Injuries | Transactions | Hollinger Stats[/td] [/tr][tr][td]EKiska08
With the victory over the Celtics, the Magic have officially solidified their spot in the NBA as title contenders.

Submit and read comments about this team[/td] [/tr][/table]

I was at that game, and its plain as day that Chicago needs a real go to player, who can go down to the post and open up their outside shooting. They rely tomuch on the jump shot and that kills them

Back
Top Bottom