Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

I raided the doctor's lounge last night. Only good reason to show up in person to work.

The food is usually thrown out the next day anyway so no harm done.

Not really a cheap thing

But when i was shopping for a home I made sure the house had solar already installed.

I pretty handy so I do my own repairs. My wife is pretty spoiled and doesn’t know how good she has it.

Like example my water heater broke so I went and I did the replacement myself.

I would rather do all repairs myself vs. having a contractor come in to do it.

Here is my story, I work in NYC as an accountant and my salary is always in the low 100s, cant complain I have a good life. This isnt necessarily cheap but this is how I get by lol

During 2020 though I was out of work for a couple months, they were giving unemployment out at $1,100 a week and I was getting that amount. During that time period I applied for food stamps and got accepted. Because of that they paid my electric bill and my gas bill.

Also, I applied for this program to help with rent. They paid 3 months of old rent and 6 additional months.

My one advice to everyone is APPLY TO EVERYTHING, JUST APPLY. IM STILL GETTING FOOD STAMPS AND ON GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE AND IM MAKING GOOD MONEY.

I worked on a project about 10 years ago with the transit authority (MTA) and I have a contractor id card. For the past 3 years i have it in the window of my wallet and flash it to the bus driver and subway booth person and they let me on.

the only real bill I pay now is my phone bill.

There are loopholes in the system, take advantage of them guys.

If you payin’ ya bills with that, coo, more power to you. I seen people buying $200 worth of lobster with food stamps at the grocery.

My moms used to get food stamps and she made sure we ate like normal kids growing up. I didn’t even know we were poor until I got to college and could barely pay rent even working 2 part time jobs.

Anyway, here’s my cheap thing I do — me and my lady keep the foil from when we get tacos or burrito from the stand. Sometimes it’s the thick one. Never bought a roll of foil since we moved in over a year ago

I def had ebt in Illinois for 6 months (Link Card) after it was supposed to expire. Be careful with that cuz the State eventually peeped game and they sent a letter saying that I owed. I wasnt going to pay them **** cuz the mistake was on their end, not mine. They eventually took it out if my state tax refund 🙁

EBT was a joke in IL and anybody can get it. Just gotta show up and apply. Out here in Texas its a lot more complicated. I had it for one month when I first moved out here and lost it because I missed a meeting with a case manager smh.

I know a guy who brings power banks to work to charges them.

When people come over and someone needs to charge their phone he tells them to not plug into the wall and he will hand you a power bank.

Why he got so many power banks? And he got that many or your work got that little outlets that you have to plug into his bank (while I assume its still charging?) Is he always there to supervise his power banks? Theres alot going on here.

Another stunt I pull is ordering clothes online and then the day they get delivered I hit up the customer service chat and say I only got a partial order and not all my items. Just did it 10 mins ago and got $81 back on a $130 order. S/O Camille.

I do the same with curbside grocery, especially if they have me waiting forever and a day at pick up. Hit the app and say I never got them crab legs and colossal shrimps. Used to do the same with steaks but dnt eat red meat no more.

Also this is probably fairly common but I bought some work clothes at Target last week. Peeped in the app they were doing 30% off today so I went back there with the clothes, returned em and told the young lady keep them right there Im gonna repurchase them. Bought them again. Original $100 purchase was now $70.

Attachments

• EC215F7D-503F-41D9-923E-303C38AEF3FC.jpeg
    EC215F7D-503F-41D9-923E-303C38AEF3FC.jpeg
    872.6 KB · Views: 891
Last edited:
I was curious how much it took to charge a phone per year
During an overnight charge, the iPhone consumed an average of 19.2 Wh.

According to figures published by the US Energy Information Administration for July 2018 (the latest figures currently avaialble), the average cost per kWh in the US was $0.13.

Remember that 1 kWh equals 1,000 Wh.

So, take our average of 19.2 Wh per day, multiplying that by 365 days, we get 7 kWh, which works out at $0.91 a year.

So if you guess under a dollar, well done.

All that for less than a dollar.

After reading a few pages of this thread I’m scared to become a business owner and do business with some of y’all in here lmaoooo!

Another stunt I pull is ordering clothes online and then the day they get delivered I hit up the customer service chat and say I only got a partial order and not all my items. Just did it 10 mins ago and got $81 back on a $130 order. S/O Camille.

I do the same with curbside grocery, especially if they have me waiting forever and a day at pick up. Hit the app and say I never got them crab legs and colossal shrimps. Used to do the same with steaks but dnt eat red meat no more.

Also this is probably fairly common but I bought some work clothes at Target last week. Peeped in the app they were doing 30% off today so I went back there with the clothes, returned em and told the young lady keep them right there Im gonna repurchase them. Bought them again. Original $100 purchase was now $70.

Back
Top Bottom