Chandler to OKC

Originally Posted by yungchris504

First Deuce now Tyson no more Crescent City Connections
smh.gif
duece was more crescent city than tyson ever was. it's no loss, especially since they have hilton.

Chandler isn't trash but his contract is. 11, 12, 13 mill over the next three years
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Thunder were setting themselves up for greatness in the near future, but they owned themselves by picking up the tab on Tyson's terrible contract.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Chandler isn't trash but his contract is. 11, 12, 13 mill over the next three years
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Thunder were setting themselves up for greatness in the near future, but they owned themselves by picking up the tab on Tyson's terrible contract.

im pretty sure they have the most cap space in the NBA, chandler proably makes more in a year then that total teams cap number
laugh.gif

Done Deal

[font=Courier New, monospace](credit ESPN.com's Marc Stein)[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace] [/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Hornets - Thunder complete trade[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace] [/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]The New Orleans Hornets and Oklahoma City Thunder have completed a deal that sends center Tyson Chandler to the Thunder, according to NBA front-office sources.

[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]Sources with knowledge of the trade parameters told ESPN.com that the deal was approved by the league office Tuesday afternoon, with the Hornets receiving forwards Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox in exchange for their best interior defender.

[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]The deal has yet to be announced by the teams, but sources say that the Hornets will also receive the draft rights to Devon Hardin, who was selected No. 50 overall by the Thunder in the 2008 draft.

[/font]

[font=Courier New, monospace]The Hornets play Tuesday night against the Thunder in Oklahoma City but the players involved in the trade are not expected to participate in the game.[/font]

The New Orleans Hornets and Oklahoma City Thunder have completed a deal that sends center Tyson Chandler to the Thunder, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources with knowledge of the trade parameters told ESPN.com that the deal was approved by the league office Tuesday afternoon, with the Hornets receiving forwards Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox in exchange for their best interior defender.
The deal has yet to be announced by the teams, but sources say that the Hornets will also receive the draft rights to Devon Hardin, who was selected No. 50 overall by the Thunder in the 2008 draft.
Hardin instead of a first-round pick?
grin.gif

Can the guys saying Chandler isn't trash explain what they see in him?

He's still young and active.

Besides that, his skills are extremely limited.

Devon Hardin = dookie

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Devon Hardin = dookie

QFT. Westbrook better practice his ally-ops

edit- there you go and
smh.gif
on not getting a 1st (unless they did and it's not reported yet)

He's 7'2", one of the best rebounders in the league and one of the best shot-blockers in the league.

What's difficult to understand? The Thunder know what they're going to get from him.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Devon Hardin = dookie
He's a shotblocker/interior presence. Yeah has virtually no offensive game, but the Thunder don't need offense. He'll catch lobs, andblock/effect shots. All they need.

Plus cap room for OKC is worthless... what marquee FA will go there? I doubt Wade, LBJ, them dudes are gonna want to sign there.

laugh.gif

You can quote that last part for truth too.

Devon Hardin really is dookie.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by yungchris504

First Deuce now Tyson no more Crescent City Connections
smh.gif
duece was more crescent city than tyson ever was. it's no loss, especially since they have hilton.
Hilton **!@%%* Armstrong ****. Next yo are going to say Sean Marks is the second coming of Jesus

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I don't like it for NO.

Financial reasons?
Pretty Much Chanlder makes 10+ for 3 years.
And there is still Peja who makes 15+ for 3 years
and not to mention Mo Pete and Rosy Posey.
We need to just trade Jeff Bowers I would gladly except a bag of Zap Potato Chips for him and also Micky Loomis

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I don't like it for NO.

Financial reasons?
Have you seen Chandler's contract? It's pretty bad. I don't like it for N.O.'s either. RIP to their title hopes.

OKC will probably draft the hometown boy Griffin with their lottery pick.

A starting 5 of:

Westbrook
Durant
Green
Griffin
Chandler

will be a great solid core for the next couple years.

His numbers are definitely inflated because of CP3.

The thing with OKC though, they need a big body to clog the lane, and Tyson will do that. They already have Durant, Green and Westbrook.

For the Hornets, they get out from Chandler's contract, and Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith are more then servicable.

Chandler is an average rebounder for a 7'2" center (Minus his 2.5 years with the Hornets)

Playing with Chris Paul had him motivated. We'll see if he's still hungry to hit the boards like he did in New Orleans.

Nick Collison does what Chandler does but for a fraction of the price.

Man, I duuuuuunno about not gettin a first rounder in the deal.

Friggin OKC stockpilin them damn things.
laugh.gif
How could NO do a deal andnot demand at least one of em?

If OKC can grab Harden, Griffin or even Thabeet they'll be a huge wild card out West next year.

I don't doubt KD can play the 2, but ehh I'd rather have him at the 3 and Green at the 4

Back
Top Bottom