Cd Sales 11-24-09 Vol. 50 Cent 156k Includes 2 weeks Itunes sales

Originally Posted by zokid

"In 2001... What'd he do?? Started beef with Mobb Deep & NaS @ Summer Jam in order to create intrest for his album..."

leave the thread or do your research brova.. NaS & The Bravehearts were sending subliminals Memp Bleeks way around time of The Understanding, hence Jay's couple verses on "Is That Yo Chick"
You're proving MY point... They tried to use the Nas rift to generate intrest for Bleek Duece King's GARBAGE album... They did a remix to "Mind Right", (the OG being the one whereBleek Duece King went @ NaS)... Nas responded with 3 or 4 light bars on QB's Finest track "TheBridge" which came out 2 weeks prior to Bleek Duece King's joint... Then Jay Camelthrew his lil shots on the other joint ("Is That Your !%+#$")

And FYI The Bravehearts had no noteworthy involvement in the situation @ that point.... Maybe YOU should do some research yourself"brova"

Yet ANOTHER example of Jay Z Camel trying to use beef for profit... I almost forgot about this one, being thatBleek Duece King's career was SOOO insignificant

i do not understand why people care about his sales it was a good album and the music is all that matters to me

If 50 always goes platinum plus. & he makes fun of artist that don't sell as much as he does. & he drops his new album & 1st week sales arelower than those of the artist he diss (Jay,RR) then it is funny. How do you not understand that?

I'm going to say this one more time so people can understand this....................50 Cent and the G-Unit reign is over. Now hehad a good run, it was cut short by most people's standards given what he once had but he had a good run nonetheless. Now it's time for his fans tocome to this realization. Just like attending a funeral, it might be hard to understand how and why someone has died, but at the end of the day the deadaren't coming back to life, let them rest in peace and just enjoy the life/run they had. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

HipHopDoc09 wrote:
Originally Posted by THE FAME

Originally Posted by Mathilda Lando

People acting like he put up Wale numbers or something.

Exactly.
Dude put up damn near 200,000 first week.
I atleast see this album going Gold.

cartune wrote:
laugh.gif
who's denying Jay or anybody else in the industry uses publicity stunts to sell records? 50 does it and still loses. He took 2 Ls in a row.

What are these L's we speak of?
He lost to Kanye in the midst of the biggest publicity stunt in hip hop history
and yea 50 certainly lost with this release
as hard as he was goin with the "beefs" and the "dissin" everything from Ross, Joe, Game, Buck, Jay, and everything else and STILL only sold that much....yea he lost miserably

1.) That was obviously a publcity stunt that they both were in on.
Not a beef or even much of a competition.
I mean how can you compare 50 and Kanye?
laugh.gif

Exactly.
They both sold a combined 1,622,000 albums in the first week. (during a time of slumping album sales)
That was a cerfitied W for the both of them.
*Curtis also took the highest Eastcoast rapper sales week record from none other than Jay's returning album "Kingdom come"

2.) 50 cent knew his hype was dying and his reign as a solo artist was slowing down.
Hence the album title, low budget videos, early leak, lack of promo, and the album only consiting of 3 features.
This cat is a business man to the fullest. You think this suprised him the least of bit?
laugh.gif

If we sensed it in these pass few months, this guy sensed it 2 years ago.
200,000 first week sales for a dying artist of his stature is a dissapointment to some,
but another sly win for 50.
50 leaves the game at his lowest peak still putting up "Deeper than Rap" Numbers.
Lets see if Ross can do that.

You can either play this game by numbers or by emotions.
"Curtis" won in the stock, "BISD" gave his fans what they wanted and took some final shots.

"And FYI The Bravehearts had no noteworthy involvement in the situation @ that point.... Maybe YOU should do some research yourself "brova""

my fault, I was referring to "Quick To Back Down" which was after the fact.. You're right.. Either way I don't think Jay starting a feud w/NaS was to create buzz for his album and if it was, what rapper doesn't do that... 50 chose to do it w/ this album but failed miserably becaus of hisinability to make good music

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

I did not say G Unit, I said 50=Nelly sales,outside venture,falling off prematurely right?

50 IS G Unit... (You can tell what hits he gave away to the other members...)... Just like Nelly IS Derty Ent...

That's why you can't make that comparison... (as succuessful as Nelly was on the Billboard Charts), You can't mention 50 Cent without G Unit andvice versa... That was part of HIS movement... He made stars out of them Ns he ran with... & thats why you can't compare him to theseother Ns, cause NOone else did that... They could NEVER figuire out a way for that success to translate for theirartists...

I know its a discredit 50 fest and all... But let's tell the story how it actually happened...

Not taking ANYthing away from Nelly cause he had a HELL of a run, and has the MOST #1 records ofANY active rapper (unless you count Diddy)

But 50 REALLY made it on the Billboards... & REALLY brought his boys with'em

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Deuce King wrote:

I'm going to say this one more time so people can understand this....................50 Cent and the G-Unit reign is over. Now he had a good run, it was cut short by most people's standards given what he once had but he had a good run nonetheless. Now it's time for his fans to come to this realization. Just like attending a funeral, it might be hard to understand how and why someone has died, but at the end of the day the dead aren't coming back to life, let them rest in peace and just enjoy the life/run they had. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
f0yk36.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

homie juts ignored that kid
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I'm going to say this one more time so people can understand this....................50 Cent and the G-Unit reign is over. Now he had a good run, it was cut short by most people's standards given what he once had but he had a good run nonetheless. Now it's time for his fans to come to this realization. Just like attending a funeral, it might be hard to understand how and why someone has died, but at the end of the day the dead aren't coming back to life, let them rest in peace and just enjoy the life/run they had. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
f0yk36.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

anyone that says blueprint 3 is better then before i self destruct doesn't know hiphop.

only built for cuban linx 2 is widely regarded as superior to BP3 yet raekwon took it back to 95, yet when 50 cent brings it back to early in his career he's "not progressin"
indifferent.gif
grin.gif

stans love havin it both ways..unfortunately blueprint 3 holds no water, it da weakest outta all da blueprints, its pretty much on par with kingdom come which was zzzzzz too.
.Raekwon can go back and do OB4CL2 in 2009 because he has the lyrical ability to reminisce and retell his story and how it got him to where he isnow..50 says he went back to GRODT style of music so he can try to save face. He shouldn't have to tell us he is trying to get that energy back...we needto feel it.

Where is his perspective? The two tracks on BISD that I like tell a story (Strong Enough and Stretch). GRODT told a STORY.

'I done been to the pearly gates they sent me back....the good die young I ain't eligible for that'

Curtis does NOT talk like that anymore....yeah he still raps about the same content....but he lost his point of view.

When I said I'll kill ya, I'll kill ya, as a kid I wasn't kiddin then
Special ed kid in the back on Ritalin
pimp.gif

Crib all #%##$$ up, hooptie all #%##$$ up
Pockets all #%##$$ up, now +$*!@ wassup? (OKAY)
I'm rich now, %!!#@@ know about my dividends
Look at the Raw Report, check out what I'm livin in
*+%@ a spot now, I'm 'bout to buy a yacht now
Crib the size of a New York City block now (Can't deny that
pimp.gif
)
Okay okay - try me and get shot down
I'm like a zebra, I got so many stripes
I'm the $*%%## general, I RUN MY CLIQUE RIGHT!
It was five of us, ALL of us millionaires
Now one's a $*%%## junkie, and one's a $*%%## @+$%+
Now it's three of us, that's the way we started
They call me crazy, cold-blooded and BLACK-hearted
I don't play no games, %!!#@@ +Beg for Mercy+
Then we "T.O.S.", put that %%@ to rest

^^^^ He can still make a GRODT type album if he tells the rest of his story instead of makin a bunch of album filler tracks and focusing on dumb %*#$ likedissing $%#%#! who don't have anything to do with his success.

It's not like 50 is the only rapper who has ever had a mid life crisis..I honestly think he needed this. Adversary breeds dope %*#$.

My god this thread is hilarious, how we go from simply reporting underwhelming album sales to comparing the marketing ploys of Jay and 50. For a man asentrenched in the rap/sales game as 50, this is a disappointment straight up. I don't know why yall can't admit that, Jay-Z has absolutely nothing todo with this topic. This is all about 50 and his career.

And since some of yall saying GRODT > TBA, then exactly what does an album need to have to be better than GRODT then? Is GRODT the GOAT rap album releasedsince 03? I mean apparently lyrics mean absolutely nothing right? this sh*t is just baffling to me
grin.gif

Hate on Jay all you want....thats your right as a HATER.[ and its entertaining at times]

But when you starts saying 50's MUSICAL career is equal to or surpassin Jay youve got problems.

GRODT is a certified classic, but thats where it stops...The rest of his albums are mediocre at best.

IF dudes really believe that nonsense, they shouldve been Aborted.

Ole waste of a fetus *** N's.

Originally Posted by truthteller

Hate on Jay all you want....thats your right as a HATER.[ and its entertaining at times]

But when you starts saying 50's MUSICAL career is equal to or surpassin Jay youve got problems.

GRODT is a certified classic, but thats where it stops...The rest of his albums are mediocre at best.

eek.gif
...Well Damn.

Really fam?
laugh.gif

Jay is that serious?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GTEK

Really fam?
laugh.gif

Jay is that serious?
laugh.gif
he mad
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GTEK

Really fam?
laugh.gif

Jay is that serious?
laugh.gif

N' please.

This is NT, ive seen things said 10x worse than that.....[ racial slurs, gay talk, threats]

Its not even really about Jay.

You couldve inserted any of the top tier rappers name in their and it wouldve been the same response...B.I.G., PAC, Nas, Em...etc...

MUSICALLY, Fif aint touchin none of those dudes....Not even close..

But when dudes start hating theyll say dam near anything.

Question is does their statement apply to the other all time greats, i listed above??

Or is Jay the only one that Fif has surpassed MUSICALLY??...
eyes.gif

GTEK wrote:

truthteller wrote:

Really fam?
laugh.gif

Jay is that serious?
laugh.gif

N' please.

This is NT, ive seen things said 10x worse than that.....[ racial slurs, gay talk, threats]

Its not even really about Jay.

You couldve inserted any of the top tier rappers name in their and it wouldve been the same response...B.I.G., PAC, Nas, Em...etc...

MUSICALLY, Fif aint touchin none of those dudes....Not even close..

But when dudes start hating theyll say dam near anything.

Question is does their statement apply to the other all time greats, i listed above??

Or is Jay the only one that Fif has surpassed MUSICALLY??...
eyes.gif

13z9v7b.jpg

On the real,

Massacre was
pimp.gif
too.

Get Rich or Die Tryin can match up to any Jay album. Im not saying that GRODT is better then every Jay album but it can MATCH up to it.

But, you're right. 50 cant match up to legends like Jay, Nas, BIG, Pac, Em, etc.....

SO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

+1 for you!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom