CAR STOPPED PLAYING CDS

joepac12

Banned
I have an 2005 impala and have taken good care of it so far. im at about 125,000 miles and the cd player will only play certain cds. for instance last week it wouldnt play any cds. Today i tried a currensy cd nothing. I put in a wiz cd and it worked smh. I bought the car cd cleaner disk from radioshack and my car spit it out. I know i should prolly just have an in dash system put in and thats coming this week. But i wanted to know if any other people with the same car as me was facing similar issues. Or if anyone knows any tricks to get cds to play until i buy the indash kit.

Could be an electrical issue.

Best advice is Buy a boom box and tape it to your dash.

Are these burnt Cds?
mostly burnt cds yes...i know im stuck in the past lol...im buying a simple in dash later this week..usb and aux...best buy wanted 400 plus to install everything and for the radio kit smh...i got a friend willing to do it for 50 provided i pick up the peices...will be about 200 ...not bad im thinking

Probably because of the bad music you're playing.

Try original cd's if that doesn't work its probably your radio.

if you have a tape player in your car just get one of those cassete things that has a headphone jack that you can plug into your mp3 player or phone to play music through.

it's probably the laser

the lens is dirty or the laser has become less powerful & can only still read certain cd's

when this happens, only certain cds will play until eventually none will play
sometimes when the laser is gonna die, even the temperature & humidity can effect playablility
burnt cds are the first to not read when the laser is gonna die

happened to my player...it would only play when it was really hot outside...which i think means
that any little bit of cloudiness from cold weather & humidity was too much for the laser & it wouldn't read

try a cleaning disk, otherwise, taking out the stereo, opening it up, and cleaning it manually can be
a huge pain and takes a long time (some cars these days, you gotta take out parts of the dash just to
pop the stereo out...and you usually need a stereo key as well.)

PS - I have noticed over the years that Sony blank disks are higher quality than all other brands, and all
my burnt Sony disks worked for a while longer than the others (& other scratched disks.) Sony disks also skip
less in any stereo, home or car, than other brands

Last edited:
Is this even a problem? Man everyone has a device to play MP3's. Set that up to play though your speakers. NON-ISSUE

it's probably the laser

the lens is dirty or the laser has become less powerful & can only still read certain cd's

when this happens, only certain cds will play until eventually none will play
sometimes when the laser is gonna die, even the temperature & humidity can effect playablility
burnt cds are the first to not read when the laser is gonna die

happened to my player...it would only play when it was really hot outside...which i think means
that any little bit of cloudiness from cold weather & humidity was too much for the laser & it wouldn't read

try a cleaning disk, otherwise, taking out the stereo, opening it up, and cleaning it manually can be
a huge pain and takes a long time (some cars these days, you gotta take out parts of the dash just to
pop the stereo out...and you usually need a stereo key as well.)

PS - I have noticed over the years that Sony blank disks are higher quality than all other brands, and all
my burnt Sony disks worked for a while longer than the others (& other scratched disks.) Sony disks also skip
less in any stereo, home or car, than other brands
thanks for honest feedback...yeah only sony cds work in my car...it wouldnt take the cleaning disk...says error and spits it back out...ill just get a new radio installed..

Back
Top Bottom